PDA

View Full Version : Beta?

Ares620
09-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Is BF3 still in beta or can i pre-order and pre-download?

Thanks,
Ares

Wildbill
09-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Is BF3 still in beta or can i pre-order and pre-download?

Thanks,
Ares

The open beta starts Sept 29th...the Medal of honor early accsess starts the 27th. you can preorder the game(and you should) it comes out Oct. 25th :cheers:

Ares620
09-21-2011, 04:55 PM
Yes I actually pre-ordered from Gamestop with overnight shipping. Because I live over an hour away from any major retailer such as gamestop, walmart, kmart.....you know anywhere that any decent town might have. So I am hoping i get it very soon after it is released. I look forward to seeing you all in game.

Ares620

sniperella
09-25-2011, 08:45 AM
Sadly, I do not think Sniperella will get the early beta... :((

Apparently we never entered the code when I first bought MOH, we looked on my DL history on my xbox, and it isn't there. :(( :((

It says I only played MOH for 15 minutes too. :))

The nice thing is, I have an open schedule all day Thursday, so I can wear out the one or two maps that will be open for the beta on Thursday! B-) ;)

Wildbill
09-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Sadly, I do not think Sniperella will get the early beta... :((

Apparently we never entered the code when I first bought MOH, we looked on my DL history on my xbox, and it isn't there. :(( :((

It says I only played MOH for 15 minutes too. :))

The nice thing is, I have an open schedule all day Thursday, so I can wear out the one or two maps that will be open for the beta on Thursday! B-) ;)
You can check downloads and stuff?

If i don't get the early beta, im buying a ps3. I'll return it in two days .:) i know i qualify fir early one.

Sckrapps
09-29-2011, 12:45 AM
Hey, will the first person who gets to download the public beta from the Live Marketplace post here? I need to know when to be late to work, come home for lunch, leave work early, etc. :-"

Of all weekends to go away, sheesh. [-(

oreon87
09-29-2011, 12:50 AM
i will be checking all morning on the xbox and i will post as soon as i start the download just for you sckrapps.

just so you know i'm in cali so i will be the last to get it in the states.

Sckrapps
09-29-2011, 01:01 AM
@oreon:

Me too! Where you at! I figure this might actually work in our favor.

If they release it at the end of the day in Europe where Dice is located then it will be mid day on the East Coast and the morning here in SoCal. That's what I'm really hoping for, 'cuz then I can start the download before leaving for work.

oreon87
09-29-2011, 01:04 AM
well the codes came out at the same time for ever time zone, so east coast was playing before west coast. but since its gonna be open now i would have to agree with you that everyone will have access to it at the same time. hopefully we can get it by 0800 or so... BTW im in san diego on the navy base.

Sckrapps
09-29-2011, 01:21 AM
Nice, I'm up the coast in Santa Barbara County, but both my parents are from the SD area. My Dad was in the Navy, as was my Moms Dad. We have deep SD/Navy roots. Here's to hoping you're right. I gotta leave for work at 8:15, so 0800 would be sweeet.

oreon87
09-29-2011, 01:24 AM
yea i have tommorrow off!!! so i well let you know as soon as i see it. i'll check at the top of the hour starting around 6 or 7

oreon87
09-29-2011, 06:40 AM
the open beta is on XBL!!!

Sckrapps
09-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Oreon,

That was clutch, thanks for the heads-up. Unfortunately Live didn't keep its end of the deal and I couldn't login. :cuss:

Oh well, later tonight.

Sckrapps
09-29-2011, 07:04 PM
So how is the open beta going? Are the servers stable enough? Anyone been able to squad up?

dustin
10-01-2011, 08:53 AM
its hit or miss right now but im sure they are working on it as we speak

xMisFitToyx
10-01-2011, 09:01 AM
So how is the open beta going? Are the servers stable enough? Anyone been able to squad up?

I was unable to squad up with friends this morning. :(

Sckrapps
10-02-2011, 12:25 AM
I actually finally got on (after having to wait an hour or so for the servers to respond) and then I couldn't figure out how to form a squad and invite other MPs who were already there.

CELockwood
10-02-2011, 07:29 AM
I actually finally got on (after having to wait an hour or so for the servers to respond) and then I couldn't figure out how to form a squad and invite other MPs who were already there.

This is the most annoying thing to me right now. Very hard to squad up with your friends.

barrylevon
10-02-2011, 04:27 PM

This is the most annoying thing to me right now. Very hard to squad up with your friends.

So... I found this, which is both reassuring and disappointing at the same time.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/devblog/view/2826551895412487853/

From FAQ on battlelog:

It seems whenver my brother and I want to play together we can, one of us becomes connection to EA lost. What is the deal here?

A: If this is happening when the game servers are up it could be because you are on strict NAT settings.
Turn both consoles on and run the Microsoft network test on both consoles and see what is says your NAT settings are.
Also, do you have both Xbox 360 accounts linked to two different EA accounts or are they linked to one EA account?

Joining as squads doesn't work in the BETA.

Q:Stats won't carry over?

A: So, we are not carrying over the stats because the rank progression system as well as the persistance score is going to be reworked based on feedback from what we´ve seen and what feedback we have collected.

Besides, you get to enjoy all the fun levels over again when the final game ships right :)?

So, while it's disappointing that joining as a squad will not likely be supported during the beta, it is reassuring that when the full game comes out it most definitely will. That the stats won't carry over will probably be for the best because otherwise all the people who didn't get to play as much during the beta would be going up against artillery strikes, 12X scopes, and whatever mayhem invoking weapons all the other people have unlocked with nothing but their iron sights and a sense of confusion.

CELockwood
10-02-2011, 08:14 PM
It is good to hear, sort of. At least it's a known not working though I'm little concerned that we're 3 weeks from launch, but maybe the beta doesn't have the latest code.

dustin
10-02-2011, 09:43 PM
god i hope the beta is just old code and they are testing servers and such because the skins arent even matching the terrain causing you to go under the map constantly. also there are a number of holes on the first set of mcoms that i have dubbed "depression holes" because you your in a hole you just cant get out of :)

oreon87
10-02-2011, 09:55 PM
god i hope the beta is just old code and they are testing servers and such because the skins arent even matching the terrain causing you to go under the map constantly. also there are a number of holes on the first set of mcoms that i have dubbed "depression holes" because you your in a hole you just cant get out of :)

=)) =)) =))

+1