PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Who

Psalm
09-22-2011, 08:00 AM
Are there any other Whovians...
I watched it a few years ago... quit for a few years and started watching this season.
I didn't like Matt Smith...but, he has started to grow on me.

xMisFitToyx
09-22-2011, 08:05 AM
I watched it a few years ago quit for a few years and started watching this season.

My whole family loves the Doctor.
My second PSN ID is xBadWolf99 :-bd
My son and one of my daughters actually have sonic screwdrivers ... and I dare you to go against my son in Dr. Who Trivia (the last 5 seasons)
This is all because of NETFLIX

This is my son's desktop image on his computer
http://content8.clipmarks.com/clog_clip_cache/amplify.com/2993C402-0CE1-4461-9824-8FD424B5CC50/C979401D-1EF6-497C-9F05-24D48587013D

Psalm
09-22-2011, 08:21 AM
I watched it a few years ago quit for a few years and started watching this season.

My whole family loves the Doctor.
My second PSN ID is xBadWolf99 :-bd
My son and one of my daughters actually have sonic screwdrivers ... and I dare you to go against my son in Dr. Who Trivia (the last 5 seasons)
This is all because of NETFLIX

This is my son's desktop image on his computer
http://content8.clipmarks.com/clog_clip_cache/amplify.com/2993C402-0CE1-4461-9824-8FD424B5CC50/C979401D-1EF6-497C-9F05-24D48587013D
Cool, My Wife and I both enjoy it....she got me watching again this season. Did you watch this last episode yet.. It was pretty good.

xMisFitToyx
09-22-2011, 08:25 AM
We have watched everything that is available through Netflix so far.... They only have the 1st disk of season 5 available right now.

BTW David Tennant is our favorite. :D

We do not have cable tv or satellite tv ..... so we have to rely on what is available through Netflix.

I get my TV for free through a big ass antennae :-B

Psalm
09-22-2011, 08:51 AM
Yeah, I really liked David Tennant too.

Psalm
09-22-2011, 08:53 AM
I may have to reactivate Netflix and watch the 2010 and 2009 seasons.

xMisFitToyx
09-22-2011, 08:58 AM
The last season is only available via DVD's on Netflix right now

Psalm
09-22-2011, 09:01 AM
The last season is only available via DVD's on Netflix right now
ahhh..ok thanks

TonkaToys
09-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Excellent show... What episode did you just have? We've just had the one where [spoiler:1ldd07lb]they are trapped in the hotel with their worst fears... Praise Him, I think?[/spoiler:1ldd07lb]

Watch this every week although my boys get a bit scared by it so they don't tend to watch it.

Psalm
09-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Excellent show... What episode did you just have? We've just had the one where [spoiler:1xt7hqtt]they are trapped in the hotel with their worst fears... Praise Him, I think?[/spoiler:1xt7hqtt]

Watch this every week although my boys get a bit scared by it so they don't tend to watch it.
Yeah, just watched that one...
[spoiler:1xt7hqtt]It was pretty good, It was not fears though but, your Faith...[/spoiler:1xt7hqtt]
Charlie what did you think of the ending?
[spoiler:1xt7hqtt]Is she going to leave him and live a comfortable life with Rory?[/spoiler:1xt7hqtt]

xMisFitToyx
09-22-2011, 12:31 PM
My ALL TIME Favorite Episode is "BLINK"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3e/Blink_%28Doctor_Who%29.jpg/275px-Blink_%28Doctor_Who%29.jpg

http://smallbuck.com/nashvillewebdesign/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/facebook_like_button_big.jpg

Psalm
09-22-2011, 01:35 PM
Thats a really good episode....The weeping angels freak my Wife out everytime they come on.

TonkaToys
09-23-2011, 03:34 AM
Ed

I reckon this is the mid-season hiatus, that they always seem to have these days.
Anyway, as River Song might say... SPOILERS, [spoiler:2f47brhi]Amy can't leave because she's hot in a sort of long legged, carrot topped, baby faced, Scottish accented sort of way[/spoiler:2f47brhi].

Dog, agree with you, that is one spooky episode.

Psalm
09-23-2011, 07:52 AM
Ed

I reckon this is the mid-season hiatus, that they always seem to have these days.
Anyway, as River Song might say... SPOILERS, [spoiler:1s3qv3ik]Amy can't leave because she's hot in a sort of long legged, carrot topped, baby faced, Scottish accented sort of way[/spoiler:1s3qv3ik].

Oh I agree.... :x

xMisFitToyx
09-23-2011, 08:07 AM
Ed

Anyway, as River Song might say... SPOILERS, [spoiler:1mkf2vyn]Amy can't leave because she's hot in a sort of long legged, carrot topped, baby faced, Scottish accented sort of way[/spoiler:1mkf2vyn].

Oh I agree.... :x

Sexy Cop outfit ....... :-bd

xMisFitToyx
09-23-2011, 08:26 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/images/promos/b006q2x0.png

Gink
09-23-2011, 08:17 PM
I just started watching Dr. Who about a year and a half ago, started with season 1 of the 2005 series and quickly got hooked. Season 2 is still probably my fave mostly because of the David Tennant w/Rose combo, and Cpt. Jack Harkness and such. It's all been great though, I'm a few episodes behind currently, which I tend to do so I can sit down and watch 2-3 in a row. I've even watched all seasons of Torchwood, though I don't enjoy it as much it is related and still entertaining.

Gink
12-29-2011, 10:23 PM
Well? Did everyone watch the Christmas episode? My DVR decided not to record it which was horribly disappointing, but bittorrent came through for me so I watched it the other night. Not my favorite Christmas special, but it was entertaining and gave some temporary relief to my Doctor Who withdrawls.

Psalm
12-30-2011, 08:48 AM
Well? Did everyone watch the Christmas episode? My DVR decided not to record it which was horribly disappointing, but bittorrent came through for me so I watched it the other night. Not my favorite Christmas special, but it was entertaining and gave some temporary relief to my Doctor Who withdrawls.
Yeah...it was ok at best.
I have heard that the haven't even filmed the next season and it will be fall 2012. Way too long to wait! :( :( :(

Gink
12-30-2011, 12:53 PM
I hadn't heard about that yet, that's pretty disappointing. A whole year without new episodes except maybe the odd holiday special. That'd be the death of a lot of shows, but I suppose most Doctor Who fans will just wait it out and be glad that it is coming back at all.

I suppose if I can always go back and watch some of the great shows from David Tennant's years again.

TonkaToys
12-30-2011, 07:45 PM
This Christmas special was the first Doctor Who that my kids have watched all the way through.
They enjoyed it but were creeped out by the wooden people.

I hear Amy is being given the heave-ho in the next series, which is disappointing for reasons I've already explained ;)

Gink
12-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Well, I'm just 1 episode away from having watched every (2005+) episode twice. The wife came late to the game, so as she's been watching them for the first time I've been watching them for a second time, and they are all worth watching at least twice! The only one she hasn't seen yet is the Angels Take Manhattan.

I actually enjoyed the current season's episodes more on the second viewing. Having had a year between the last season and this one I felt a bit lost when the new season started, and then I felt like this season was different somehow... the first few episodes were BIG, almost too much action, FX, etc., and I originally felt they were too "hollywood" and had lost some of the feel of Doctor Who. But after rewatching the previous season and rolling right into this season it all fit together a little better and I really enjoyed most of them.

I'm still a bit perplexed about the new companion, or at least the actress who plays her showing up in the first episode. It will be interesting to see how that's resolved, or not resolved in the xmas special when the new companion officially arrives. I really liked the character Oswin Oswald (aside from her really being a dalek), so if the new companion is just some different person who is an ancestor of Oswin Oswald or something I might be disappointed. Though no matter what they do she'll still be "easy on the eyes", so I'll get over it.

I hope we don't have to wait too incredibly long for new episodes after the xmas special. The huge gaps between seasons is killing me.

Mutt
12-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Well, I'm just 1 episode away from having watched every (2005+) episode twice. The wife came late to the game, so as she's been watching them for the first time I've been watching them for a second time, and they are all worth watching at least twice! The only one she hasn't seen yet is the Angels Take Manhattan.

I actually enjoyed the current season's episodes more on the second viewing. Having had a year between the last season and this one I felt a bit lost when the new season started, and then I felt like this season was different somehow... the first few episodes were BIG, almost too much action, FX, etc., and I originally felt they were too "hollywood" and had lost some of the feel of Doctor Who. But after rewatching the previous season and rolling right into this season it all fit together a little better and I really enjoyed most of them.

I'm still a bit perplexed about the new companion, or at least the actress who plays her showing up in the first episode. It will be interesting to see how that's resolved, or not resolved in the xmas special when the new companion officially arrives. I really liked the character Oswin Oswald (aside from her really being a dalek), so if the new companion is just some different person who is an ancestor of Oswin Oswald or something I might be disappointed. Though no matter what they do she'll still be "easy on the eyes", so I'll get over it.

I hope we don't have to wait too incredibly long for new episodes after the xmas special. The huge gaps between seasons is killing me.

UK series consist of 3 episodes per season?

Gink
12-06-2012, 12:32 PM
UK series consist of 3 episodes per season?

Eh? I know some of the old old seasons would have like 3 episodes per story arc. Not sure they counted them as seasons though. IIRC the new series, starting in 2005 usually has at least 10-12 episodes per season, though some of the seasons have aired 5-6 eps then taken a break for a few months before finishing the season up.

samuride1
12-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Ive enjoyed Dr. Who since I was a child. I can remember the older Dr. with the Afro!!! Tom Baker.

Retro
12-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Ive enjoyed Dr. Who since I was a child. I can remember the older Dr. with the Afro!!! Tom Baker.

Tom Baker! The only Dr. Who I've really ever known. Use to freak me out as a kid.

TonkaToys
01-21-2013, 08:31 AM
I enjoyed the Christmas special this year, and it looks like my kids are starting to get into Doctor Who - hurrah!

Anyway, here's a free Doctor Who comic.

Doctor Who: The Impossible Crossing (http://issuu.com/doctorwhoimpossiblecrossing/docs/dwimpossiblecrossing__1?mode=a_p)

TonkaToys
06-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Well Matt Smith has said this is his last year as the Doctor.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06/03/smith_who/

As we noted earlier this week, bookies William Hill favour Harry Potter star Rupert Grint and Russell Tovey from BBC Three's Being Human, naming them joint 10/1 favourites to fill the leading Doctor Who role.

Sherlock star Martin Freeman and Skyfall's Ben Whishaw are also apparently in with a shout, although there's a growing lobby for the first female Doctor.

An obvious candidate is Billie Piper, while Olivia Colman of Broadchurch and Fiona O'Shaughnessy from Utopia have their fans.

xMisFitToyx
06-05-2013, 08:20 AM
Well Matt Smith has said this is his last year as the Doctor.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06/03/smith_who/

I don't see how it could ever be a woman, due to the fact that The Doctor regenerates from his own DNA.

Billie Piper? ... How could they pull that off ... Maybe The Doctor's DNA and Rose's got mixed a little ... Hubba Hubba :tongue:

Gink
06-05-2013, 11:15 AM
I don't see how it could ever be a woman, due to the fact that The Doctor regenerates from his own DNA.

Billie Piper? ... How could they pull that off ... Maybe The Doctor's DNA and Rose's got mixed a little ... Hubba Hubba :tongue:

Might as well have River Song be the next Doctor.She can fly the Tardis, has a sonic screwdriver, regenerated a few times, is full of secrets, pops up all over time and space, and has a PhD... Soo, she kind of already is a female Doctor. All you need is a plot twist where Matt Smith regenerates into Amy Pond's womb to become the 12th Doctor and then hang out with the 11th Doctor all the time, even though you're not supposed to get mixed up in your own timeline like that, the Doctor does it anyhow on multiple occasions, so why not do it a bunch back to front and be his/her own love interest/killer/savior? Except of course that River Song regenerated a few times herself, so that would make Melody Pond the 12th Doctor, "Mels" the 13th, and River Song the 14th.... which is crazy, but still makes more sense than Billie Piper. :eyebrows::bolt:

xMisFitToyx
06-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Might as well have River Song be the next Doctor.She can fly the Tardis, has a sonic screwdriver, regenerated a few times, is full of secrets, pops up all over time and space, and has a PhD... Soo, she kind of already is a female Doctor. All you need is a plot twist where Matt Smith regenerates into Amy Pond's womb to become the 12th Doctor and then hang out with the 11th Doctor all the time, even though you're not supposed to get mixed up in your own timeline like that, the Doctor does it anyhow on multiple occasions, so why not do it a bunch back to front and be his/her own love interest/killer/savior? Except of course that River Song regenerated a few times herself, so that would make Melody Pond the 12th Doctor, "Mels" the 13th, and River Song the 14th.... which is crazy, but still makes more sense than Billie Piper. :eyebrows::bolt:

Send this suggestion in ... I LOVE IT!! :becky:

TonkaToys
06-05-2013, 12:20 PM
That is effin bonkers Gink - fits perfectly too!

Gink
06-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Hehehe, it would drive some fans crazy with the "paradoxes" involved, but I bet a lot of fans would love it. River Song is a pretty great character.

I've enjoyed Matt Smith, though I still prefer Tennant, but I'm excited about getting a new Doctor. At that same time that I'm terrified they'll make the wrong pick and somehow break the show. Any word on whether they'll be changing companions as well?

TonkaToys
06-07-2013, 11:06 AM
Well you can cast your vote for Who Next (phrase now Copyright me) from the candidates on a completely unofficial and likely to be ignored list...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06/07/who_poll/

TonkaToys
09-11-2013, 11:17 AM
The BBC have released a new Doctor Who teaser poster (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/)

The pic is full of clues about the episode, showing two damaged Daleks, the Tenth, Eleventh and "X" Doctors played by David Tennant, Matt Smith and John Hurt respectively, and the words "Bad Wolf" scrawled on a wall.

xMisFitToyx
09-11-2013, 12:57 PM
The BBC have released a new Doctor Who teaser poster (http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/)

The pic is full of clues about the episode, showing two damaged Daleks, the Tenth, Eleventh and "X" Doctors played by David Tennant, Matt Smith and John Hurt respectively, and the words "Bad Wolf" scrawled on a wall.

LOL ... My other PSN ID is xBadWolf99

And YES, It was inspired by Dr. Who :becky:

Gink
09-11-2013, 04:09 PM
LOL ... My other PSN ID is xBadWolf99

And YES, It was inspired by Dr. Who :becky:

Nice! Bad Wolf was one of my favorite story arcs, will be cool to see if it somehow plays into the special.

TonkaToys
09-18-2013, 12:07 PM
Dr Who and other BBC shows to appear on Hulu service

Article (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24144846#)

TonkaToys
01-28-2014, 08:35 AM
Here's the new Doctor Who in costume

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/72561000/jpg/_72561968_capaldi.jpg
Copyright BBC, I guess?

link to article (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25921603#)