PDA

View Full Version : Knifing animation

sam007
09-25-2011, 01:31 PM
I called it, its gonna get old really fast.

Psalm
09-26-2011, 07:59 AM
Why? because of the speed of it?

theczech99
09-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Iím very curious to see how this is going to work. A few weeks ago when attacking Oasis I armed the 4th B mcom that is in the green building. I could hear some guys up top using the AA gun so I climbed the ladder at the back of the building to clear them out. Once I got to the top there were three guys firing towards the attackers. I was able to knife all three of them without being noticed. I just wonder if adding in the knifing animation will take away opportunities like this. I know in KZ3 it seemed to work ok but I also never tried to take out 3 to 4 guys with melee attacks at once either.

Psalm
09-26-2011, 08:54 AM
Sam, how much time do you think it adds to knife someone?

sam007
09-26-2011, 08:56 AM
1-2 seconds is my experience, but its not so much the speed but the fact that you will see that animation over and over and over again. Try getting knifed a few times and you'll see what I mean. :cuss:

Borlaxx
09-26-2011, 10:40 AM
I actually like it. It reminds me of KZ3 where there were at least 3 different melee kill animations, and since it took a couple seconds to do them, it gave someone on the other team a moment to react and kill you before you killed the person you were trying to melee kill. I like it because it adds a delay to the melee kills and keeps knife kills from being overpowered IMO. I hate melee kills in COD games and in BC2 where someone just quickly swipes their knife through the air and I fall down dead. This element limits them as an instant one hit kill, and I don't see how the animation is any worse than seeing a magic knife swipe through the air and scratch my thumb and kill me.

xMisFitToyx
09-26-2011, 10:48 AM
I actually like it. It reminds me of KZ3 where there were at least 3 different melee kill animations, and since it took a couple seconds to do them, it gave someone on the other team a moment to react and kill you before you killed the person you were trying to melee kill.

Although not with a knife .... I love the melee animations on the Uncharted Games. :-bd

REMEC87
09-26-2011, 11:56 AM
I like to knife people and I LOVE to collect dogtags! Hopefully it will not ruin the multi tag collecting.

IMO, I like BC2 knife kills execept for the "swing and a miss" types where you get shot in the face right after. I imagine Killakush420 will be starting from day one with the shotty and hopping like a frog routine. MPs watch your backs....

Beano
09-26-2011, 02:29 PM
I can count numerous times where myself or someone else died because someone had to chase a bad guy down to knife him instead of just shooting him. I even remember an instance where an entire squad was wiped out with (won't name) tried to knife him instead of shooting first. So don't be greedy with knife kills. If he's moving away, why chase him down? Just kill him before he kills your buddies.

I like the new feature and hope it plays out like KZ3.