PDA

View Full Version : Dark Souls

09-29-2011, 07:22 AM
Is anyone interested in this game? I have been checking its progress and it seems very promising if you can get past the crushing difficulty.

oreon87
09-29-2011, 07:31 AM
F NO!!! Demon soul's made me so mad that you have to restart the whole freakin level over that i literally broke a ps3 controller. Especially the boss battles that cheated and the weapon system. The whole game was way to over the top for me, but i have read that alot of people like it because its so hard but when your playing world 4 level 4 over and over and over and over... its the worst. Basically i'm saying no i well not be getting this game

Gink
12-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Anyone played this yet? I got Demon Souls for xmas last year and never got very far, mainly due to my BC2 addiction, but have still been thinking I may want to give Dark Souls a go.

Beano
12-13-2011, 02:06 AM
I have beaten both Demon Souls(twice) and Dark Souls. I'm actually half way through Dark Souls second play through. The game like advertised is very unforgiving but fair at the same time. There is so much depth to these games that makes it very addicting. The different types of weapons and armor you can make with the souls makes it fun as well. It isn't for everyone though. If you die, everything respawns and you have to fight your way back to reclaim your souls where you died. If you die trying to do that, you lose everything. It makes for some tense moments.

Gink
12-14-2011, 09:14 PM
Damn, you are hardcore! I should probably stick Demon Souls back in and see if I stick with it a while before dropping the cash on Dark Souls if the new one isn't way different or way better. I really enjoyed playing Demon Souls, though if I recall I only beat the first boss and then was spending a bunch of time farming the skeleton level which got old, but I wasn't sure where to go from there and got sucked into other games. I loved the play style and the challenge, but hated losing all my souls when I died. I pretty much played in constant fear of getting killed, lol. Still I find myself regularly wanting to pick it up again.

SlapLaB
12-16-2011, 06:25 AM
I want to get this game in the new year when it will be cheaper.

I played through DS and loved it.

I will always remember the first time I got invaded, it was on 2-1...
I panicked, my heart was beating like crazy, my hands were sweating... never felt like it while playing a game.
I managed to summon 2 blues (the first and only time I had 2 blues with me!) and ran to the boss door.
But the b*st*rd still got me just before the door (I hadn't realised that if I crossed he could not follow #-o )

Gink
12-16-2011, 08:33 PM
I'm sure I'd probably die horribly if I got invaded. I never have since the majority of my time spent on the game was that stretch last winter when PSN was down for weeks on end. Once Dark Souls drops in price I may say to hell with ever finishing Demon Souls and try again with Dark Souls.