PDA

View Full Version : Your go to class

sam007
10-02-2011, 12:45 PM
How have you guys tailored your go to class and weapons?

let's keep it as a template. :)

Class:
Primary:
Attachments:
Secondary:
Gadget1:
Gadget2:
Perks:

How to deploy effectively:

El Conquesodor
10-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Class: Recon
Primary: SVD or M11 Mod
Attachments: Holo for SVD, Red Dot for Mod, I think I have a bipod on both but I should probably use the grip as I don't really ever see my guy deploy the bipod. Tac light for the third attachment.
Secondary: M9 Tactical (And Russian equivalent)
Gadget1: Motion sensor thing that apparently doesn't work.
Gadget2: Mobile spawn thing.
Perks: Ammo

How to deploy effectively: Ok so I had been running the M416 and assault, but I realized after shooting lockwood about 5 times in the head (this is a realistic number as I counted and could only see the top of his head) that the assault class guns don't have enough kick. So I switched over to the recon guns and just took off the scope. Since they are semi-auto and have a decent rate of fire you can win a fair amount of close quarter battles with them. However, running tac light basically blinds your opponents in the subway so you can usually win those fights. Using the M9 tactical for the same reason (being able to blind opponents). But I usually run and place a spawn strategic between A and B for Defense, and try to get real close but a hidden spawn near an objective as an attacker. That way my teammates can spawn close to the objective. I don't have to hang back as a recon because I'm not sniping. I have a 1.7 KD in the beta so far and typically lead my team/the room in score. I think I have over 400 SPM so far in beta.

dinsdale1978
10-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Primary Attacker
Primary: UMP
Attachments: 3.4 scope, suppressor, laser
Secondary: G17c suppressed
Gadget1: Motion Sensor
Gadget2: Radio Beacon
Perks: Squad Sprint

How to deploy effectively: I use this class on both sides to run fast and plant a beacon for tactical spawning.

Cover Player
Class: Assault
Primary: M416
Attachments: Underrail, 3.4 scope, flash suppressor
Secondary: G17c supp
Gadget1: Nade launcher with smoke
Gadget2: Defib paddles
Perks: Grenade (one more smoke canister helps)

How to deploy effectively: I try to have a support near me to throw ammo and launch smoke at the enemy spawn . Once an bomb is planted I smoke the station and hope the confusion gets them disoriented.

Defending

Class: Support
Primary: M249
Attachments: Bipod, 3.4 scopre, tactical light
Secondary: G17c supp
Gadget1: Ammo
Gadget2: C4
Perks: Suppr

How to deploy effectively: Keep an eye on the main chokepoints, go prone when applicable and just keep firing until their whole squad is wiped.

sam007
10-04-2011, 11:32 PM
Primary: Mk11 or SVD
Attachments: 4x or 3.4x with foregrip, no muzzle attachments but will take a heavy barrel if available for other Recon rifles.
Secondary: MP443 Tac or M9 Tac
Gadget1:
Gadget2: Radio Beacon
Perks: Squad Speed Run

How to deploy effectively: Counter Recon with medium range support (DM http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Designated_marksman)for squad. Used as flanker to set up mobile spawn. Cut off man from their spawn, yes that means "spawn camping" but its no worse than hiding prone in a bush or camping a line of sight. I've picked this setup mainly to counter pronies, nothing bothers me more than someone humping the train tracks the whole game with no intent on moving.

If i'm running other guns I prefer iron sights, no optics glint to give away my position up close. Then is run and gun CQB. :D

barrylevon
10-07-2011, 09:19 PM
I was running engineer for awhile, but with the damage so low on the rockets I switched to this:

Class: Support
Primary: M249
Attachments: 3.4 scope. Bipod. Extended Magazine
Gadget 1: Ammo
Gadget 2: (none right now as I seem to get some horrible bugs with the c4)
Perk: Suppression

How to deploy effectively. Find a place with either a really wide field of view but a lot of cover for yourself or a widely used corridor. The 3.4 scope allows you to take out medium range targets effectively and what you can't take can be suppressed (added help with the perk) with short 3 round bursts allowing your squad to flank them. The zoom is not so great that close range targets are difficult, besides with the bipod set up you can "no scope" to some extent. The extended mag and scope together ensure that you'll own any corridor as you can set up out of immediate view and keep an eye on the entry way(s) down range, as well as being able to take down a lot of enemies with the 200 round mag. It's very effective on defense. Offense requires slightly more movement, but the suppressing capability is a boon to your team (also, it's very satisfying to hold down the trigger and send 200 rounds through a corridor killing anyone that enters while your team moves up relatively easily). If you're set up well it should be very difficult for anyone to get you in their sights in time if they see the glare from your scope. The perk makes it even more difficult for them to make the shot.

donhardeone
10-28-2011, 01:25 PM
I tend to focus on attacking/capturing objectives, second to that is destroying vehicles...knowing that, this is my favorite class setup:

Class: Engineer
Primary: SCAR-H
Attachments: Kobra RDS, Foregrip -- occassionally throw on heavy barrel (depends on map)
Secondary: M1911 (plain) or the MP443 Tactical (depends on map)
Gadget1: RPG-7V2
Gadget2: EOD Bot
Perks: SPRNT/EXPL (depends on attack/defend)

How to deploy effectively: I wish the SCAR-H could be setup with the burst fire, it would be my ideal gun. I find it to be one of the mor versatile guns that can be used effectively short, medium, or long range. I use the RPGs pretty effectively by using the age-old jack-in-the-box method. Hide somewhere near the vehicle and pop out long enough to shoot a rocket off. Then move from that spot if possible, rinse, and repeat. I have recently gotten into using the tactical pistols since the main time I draw those are when I am in a firefight and run out of ammo in my primary...the light helps give a decent edge when used properly.

Ullrsdog
11-07-2011, 10:49 AM
OK let's start by saying my info is based on a sub par player but it works for me...
Class: ENG
Primary: SG553 (just unlocked G36C and may replace)
Attachments: INRV 1x scope for dark maps usually the Halo otherwise, foregrip, tact light
Secondary: M1911 Tact but loved the G18 in beta
Gadget1:RPG / javeline...if a plane or chopper is crushing us switch to stinger
Gadget2:AT mines
Perks:Squad Ammo or Sprint

How to deploy effectively: Spam the objective (I usually play conquest) with mines have a friend Run the repair tool or Support to keep your vehicle running or keep you supplied as an infantry guy.

Class:Assualt
Primary:AEK 971
Attachments:Halo for CQB and 3.4 for more open maps, Tact light, heavy barrel, sometimes suppressed
Secondary:M1911 Tact
Gadget1:Med kit
Gadget2:Defib
Perks:sprint or ammo

How to deploy effectively: find some beast and follow him, when he dies avenge him then revive him and repeat.

Class:Support
Primary:PKP right now but looking forward to the 240B
Attachments:bipod, halo or 3.4, extended mag once i unlock it
Secondary:M1911 tact
Gadget1:C4
Gadget2:Ammo
Perks:Sprint or flak

How to deploy effectively: Set up C4 near the objectives find some cover where you can see what's going on at the objective BUT COVERING another area. blow people up when not in vehicles or blow em up inside both ways work.

Ullrsdog
11-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Cover Player

Dinsdale - noticed last night you were using the AN94 for assualt and then switched back to the AEK...I love the AEK, but wonder is the AN better but you dont have the gadgets or do you prefer the AEK. I think I will get my service metal in fewer rounds with the AEK then any other gun except the IAR (2 hours for the IAR)...beating my pace for both the SG553 and the UMP (close to 3 hours for both of those)...and I am 10 kills from the star with the AEK and have a touch over 2 hours behind the sights.

dinsdale1978
11-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Cover Player

Dinsdale - noticed last night you were using the AN94 for assualt and then switched back to the AEK...I love the AEK, but wonder is the AN better but you dont have the gadgets or do you prefer the AEK. I think I will get my service metal in fewer rounds with the AEK then any other gun except the IAR (2 hours for the IAR)...beating my pace for both the SG553 and the UMP (close to 3 hours for both of those)...and I am 10 kills from the star with the AEK and have a touch over 2 hours behind the sights.

Yeah the AN94 has a ton of kick and without a scope is sometimes hard to aim. The AEK has pretty much everything unlocked and I was using the IR scope to pick out targets easier on Rush.

Gink
11-07-2011, 10:26 PM
I've got a lot of progressing and unlocking to do, but these seem to be what I fall back to when I'm trying to do well and not thinking about unlocks:

Primary: SCAR
Attachments: IR or Holo scope/Suppressor
Secondary: M1911 Suppressed or Tactical
Gadget1: RPG
Gadget2: AT Mines
Perks: Explosives

Lay mines in pairs at choke points and heavy traffic areas, RPG to take down vehicles and cover. Pretty standard destructo engineer.

Attachments: IR, Holo, or ACOG and suppressor or heavy barrel
Secondary: M1911 suppressed or tactical
Gadget1: Health
Gadget2: Defib
Perks: Sq Sprint or Cover

Tend to use this a lot in infantry CQ maps like Op Metro, and in Rush. I'd like to put more time in with the other gadgets, but hate giving up health packs.

Gink
11-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Double posted somehow... ignore this. :-"

Ullrsdog
11-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Cover Player

Yeah the AN94 has a ton of kick and without a scope is sometimes hard to aim. The AEK has pretty much everything unlocked and I was using the IR scope to pick out targets easier on Rush.

Cool thanks for that...I was wondering if I would change my Assualt to the AN once I unlocked it...but sounds like I may hang with the AEK. played one TDM (a couple concuest matches to work on unlocking the soflam just starting on recon) early yesterday to get my service star with the AEK which also unlocks the IR scope so I am set with that most likely as the assault class.

Sup3rman
11-29-2011, 04:34 PM
Primary: M4A1 / Knife
Attachments: Iron sight, Foregrip, And Heavy Barrel
Secondary : G18 (Just unlocked it last night and holy cow!!)

I just love the way the M4A1 looks and feel especially the iron sight. This is most likely the only gun I'm going to use unless in CQ..then it's the shottie!

Ullrsdog
11-29-2011, 05:01 PM

I just love the way the M4A1 looks and feel especially the iron sight. This is most likely the only gun I'm going to use unless in CQ..then it's the shottie!

You mean then its the knife...that one special night for me (ahhhh the memories) I came up behind you as you went up the escalator on Metro. Grabbed one guys tag at the top of the escalator, went into a group of OP4 grabbed another 2 sets, walked amongst them like they were you're teammates, and then you died...somehow ;)

Anyway the point is Metro is as CQ as it gets and I watched you walk amongst the enemy stealing tags!

The G18 is fun...loved it in the beta, just got my service star last night with it as I was running a lot of recon and I use that pistol to suplement the sniper rifle...just keep them close or do my fav move just keep walking at them and unload the magazine most of the time you come out the victor!

Sup3rman
11-29-2011, 05:15 PM

You mean then its the knife...that one special night for me (ahhhh the memories) I came up behind you as you went up the escalator on Metro. Grabbed one guys tag at the top of the escalator, went into a group of OP4 grabbed another 2 sets, walked amongst them like they were you're teammates, and then you died...somehow ;)

Anyway the point is Metro is as CQ as it gets and I watched you walk amongst the enemy stealing tags!

The G18 is fun...loved it in the beta, just got my service star last night with it as I was running a lot of recon and I use that pistol to suplement the sniper rifle...just keep them close or do my fav move just keep walking at them and unload the magazine most of the time you come out the victor!

Oh I remember how I died..trust me..I remember.. :-w
I love that map for tags..especially if you can get a spawn beacon behind enemy line. I know a couple good spots to leave the beacon depends on where we started from. I noticed you found my beacon and destroyed it..not cool at all!! :((

Ullrsdog
11-30-2011, 09:11 AM

Oh I remember how I died..trust me..I remember.. :-w
I love that map for tags..especially if you can get a spawn beacon behind enemy line. I know a couple good spots to leave the beacon depends on where we started from. I noticed you found my beacon and destroyed it..not cool at all!! :((

Hey just so you know I started checking that spot and similar ones every time I spawned on C after I found it the first time...sorry cant let you get behind our lines...however I am happy to run Recon and place the becon in some choice spots for you