PDA

View Full Version : Chat system

sam007
10-02-2011, 04:10 PM
how does everyone feel about the intended chat system? being able to chat with all of your friends if on the same side.

Beano
10-02-2011, 04:45 PM
I think the idea is fantastic. Imagine being able to tell guys not your squad to "go left while we go right" or "let's all attack this objective now." I think it's a good idea. Not the same as I hoped but it will help. I was hoping they would do a RDR type thing where you hold down a button for a bit and talk to everyone. Imagine being able to tell people to quit corner sniping and to do something useful. :devil:

Harshfence
10-02-2011, 04:47 PM
I think the idea is fantastic. Imagine being able to tell guys not your squad to "go left while we go right" or "let's all attack this objective now." I think it's a good idea. Not the same as I hoped but it will help. I was hoping they would do a RDR type thing where you hold down a button for a bit and talk to everyone. Imagine being able to tell people to quit corner sniping and to do something useful. :devil:

Exactly. It would be nice to have a more coordinated effort from the whole team instead of just your squad. It starts with the squad, but complete coordination would lead to dominating the battlefield.

dinsdale1978
10-02-2011, 06:52 PM
As long as I can mute. :p

REMEC87
10-02-2011, 06:59 PM
As long as I can mute. :p

No kidding! Muteability (it could be a word) is very high on my wish list...especially with some motermouths who will remain nameless... :-"

Gink
10-02-2011, 07:05 PM
Seems like it could come in handy, especially if there's some way to tell who is talking. For organized teams it should help to coordinate what each squad is doing, though it would be nice to have a way to toggle between squad and team chat.

oreon87
10-02-2011, 10:01 PM
well the person with the highest score on your squad is squad leader. i want it to be like squad leader's can talk to each other then they coordinate there team. so "squad alpha distract right side of mcom alpha. squads bravo/charlie/delta full assault left side of mcom alpha. over".

thats what i want, its a little like MAG but thats what made MAG so great.

Madlob75
10-04-2011, 09:29 AM
It would also be nice if we could tell who was talking. I was on a game the other night and someone kept dropping N-bombs and telling everyone how bad we were.

I've never played with a mic before, but last night I wish I had one. I ended up in Dinsdale's squad and I was following him through the subway in the middle corridor. I was picked by a sniper, and during the killcam, I saw him run past me going after Dins. In my head I was screaming for him to turn around as I frantically hit the spawn button. I spawned right as the sniper rounded a corner. I was able to get a couple of rounds in him, and I like to think that I drew his fire so someone else could get him.

I can't wear a traditional headset b/c I have to listen out for my girls at night. Does anyone use or have advice on what I can use to chat, but still be able to keep an ear out for things that go bump in the night?

Borlaxx
10-04-2011, 09:41 AM
I can't wear a traditional headset b/c I have to listen out for my girls at night. Does anyone use or have advice on what I can use to chat, but still be able to keep an ear out for things that go bump in the night?
The Sony blutooth headset only fits over one ear. It is what I used to use before I got my better headset. Only the chat comes though it, not the game sound. I am pretty sure there are a lot of headsets that only cover one ear.

sam007
10-04-2011, 10:04 PM
The problem with the Cell phone like ear piece is it will pick up your audio and it will feedback into the game.

Madlob75
10-05-2011, 08:25 AM
The problem with the Cell phone like ear piece is it will pick up your audio and it will feedback into the game.

You mean I can't be that cool guy playing music in the background? Maybe I can break out the old baby monitor and use that as a signal.

Madlob75
10-05-2011, 08:28 AM
Of course this is a moot point until I replace my PS3 that blew up last night.

jacknighttamer
10-21-2011, 10:31 AM

Madlob75, I'm in the same boat as you, I need to be able to listen for my youngest, I have a set of turtle beach and I just slide one of side of the head set off my ear and have my monitor right beside me. Our monitor lights up when ever there is a noice so this helps as well.

xMisFitToyx
10-21-2011, 11:10 AM

Madlob75, I'm in the same boat as you, I need to be able to listen for my youngest, I have a set of turtle beach and I just slide one of side of the head set off my ear and have my monitor right beside me. Our monitor lights up when ever there is a noice so this helps as well.

I use the Over 1 ear Headbanger Headset that I used for my Wii.