PDA

View Full Version : Please help. Having some major connection issues

bucksie
10-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Hey up Fellow MPs.

I received a shiney new PS3 saturday before last, and it took 4 days to download the PS3 update.
Once this update had finally completed, i managed to get online twice. Once to update some installs such as love film.

But now, after completing BC2 and being halfway through again. Am still unable to get online.
I keep following the "suggested actions", and its really starting to pii me off.

I just want to get online. I need to get online.

Please help a fellow MP out.

Borlaxx
10-04-2011, 03:25 PM
Hmmm, really have no idea. It shouldn't of taken near that long to upate to begin with. Are you hardwired or using wireless?

bucksie
10-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Hmmm, really have no idea. It shouldn't of taken near that long to upate to begin with. Are you hardwired or using wireless?
Sorry, consider me rude for not stating any details.

Wireless Broadband.
Have no problems with using the internet on the Wii or either laptop. My phone even connects with no issue.

I thought it might have just been since i updated the PS operating system. But i cant connect/sign in.

i might be missing something, but not sure what. It keeps telling me that it is having problems connecting to the network, and that my network passcode may be incorrect. i havent change it. it is the same as when i downloaded the updates.
Hence the need for some assistance

Psalm
10-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Have you gone thru all your network settings? I would start theere. As Borlax said...Yes the PS3 is a slow updater. But, not that slow. Any idea what your internet speed is?

mechatool
10-04-2011, 04:10 PM
It sounds like to me you have a weak signal to the PS3. Also if anybody is using the internet while you are connected will it slow down more. How strong is you signal on your laptop when you place it next to the PS3?

oreon87
10-04-2011, 04:18 PM
Can you go on playstation website to see if your login is correct on there.

Gink
10-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Have you gone to Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection Test to see if it shows what stage of things isn't working?

You may want to try disabling security on your wireless access point and see whether or not that effects it to rule out whether or not that is a problem.

bucksie
10-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Ive gone though the settings, and its not the speed thats the issue. I just cant seem to connect.

bucksie
10-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Have you gone to Settings > Network Settings > Internet Connection Test to see if it shows what stage of things isn't working?

You may want to try disabling security on your wireless access point and see whether or not that effects it to rule out whether or not that is a problem.
Is that easy to do, if so, could you briefly explain how i could do it?

bucksie
10-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Can you go on playstation website to see if your login is correct on there.
All present and correct here. just wont allow me to do it on the ps3

bucksie
10-04-2011, 05:09 PM
Ok, im on the signing on screen, and the message appears
"A connection to the network could not be established.
Go to Settings - network settings and check you settings." (theyre all ok, no change made)
Suggested actions. (this makes me laugh, cant i make a suggestion the the psn)
turn off system and network device. after time has pass, (say overnight, no joy there) turn on and try to connect to the internet.
connecting directly to the modem, please ensure the cable is plugged in (? ok then)

anyway, long to short of it, code i keep getting is 80130182.

Does this help....

Gink
10-04-2011, 05:18 PM

Do the first part on your PS3 it's easy and will give an idea of where the problem is. It will show success/fail for obtaining IP, internet connection, and psn connection. That info might be helpful. If you're not familiar with changing settings on your wireless network that part could be a chore as it usually involves accessing the IP of your access point through a browser and knowing both the IP and the admin login. So skip that for now.

bucksie
10-04-2011, 05:40 PM

Do the first part on your PS3 it's easy and will give an idea of where the problem is. It will show success/fail for obtaining IP, internet connection, and psn connection. That info might be helpful. If you're not familiar with changing settings on your wireless network that part could be a chore as it usually involves accessing the IP of your access point through a browser and knowing both the IP and the admin login. So skip that for now.

Connection test results.
Obtain IP, succeeded
internet con; succeeded
psn; failed

ok, 2nd time it got as far as speed tests, then failed
3rd attempt:
failed on the psn

Major Stains
10-04-2011, 05:52 PM
Sorry to hear this Bucks.
If it helps, I've been trying to register on PSN since Friday (don't ask) and it has been down due to maintainance.
Maybe its a UK PSN thing?

bucksie
10-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Sorry admin, could you merge this with
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=3403&start=0 (http://teammp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=3403&start=0)
i think i spammed without thinking..... :D :-"

johnboy
10-04-2011, 06:02 PM
I'll leave this one here and delete the one in bc2 if you want. It's probably better off in here, more PS3ers will look at it then.

bucksie
10-04-2011, 06:02 PM
I'll leave this one here and delete the one in bc2 if you want. It's probably better off in here, more PS3ers will look at it then.
Thanks JB

oreon87
10-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Go to Settings - network settings and check you settings." (theyre all ok, no change made)
turn off system and network device. after time has pass, (say overnight, no joy there) turn on and try to connect to the internet.
connecting directly to the modem, please ensure the cable is plugged in (? ok then)

Does this help....

turn off system and network device mean, turn off the ps3. unplug your router/modem. wait 1min. plug router/modem in turn on ps3. try to connect again.

if that doesn't work, take a ethernet cable from your modem/router and plug that in directly to your ps3 to see if its a wireless problem.

Gink
10-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Since it's passing the IP and internet tests it would seem like a psn issue, but that doesn't make a lot of sense unless it were happening to a bunch of people. I Google's the error number but didn't find anything especially helpful. Sorry :(

bucksie
10-05-2011, 02:27 AM

Does this help....

turn off system and network device mean, turn off the ps3. unplug your router/modem. wait 1min. plug router/modem in turn on ps3. try to connect again.

if that doesn't work, take a ethernet cable from your modem/router and plug that in directly to your ps3 to see if its a wireless problem.
Thanks 87, tried everything my PS3 has told me to, i know its not connection issues between modem and PS3, because my laptop can see the PS on the Home network.
This is why i am having some problems.

Psalm
10-05-2011, 07:41 AM
Bucksie. If you can connect to the internet but not the PSN then there has to be something with either your password or username. (IF other MP's are getting in from the UK)
I would try creating a new account on your PS3, not the computer.

johnboy
10-05-2011, 07:56 AM
Have you configured your PS3 to have it's own static IP address within your router settings?

I send Bucksie some info on doing that last night. I looked up the error code and that was one of the things to help resolve it. Interesting that there seemed to be no actual information from Sony on their own error code.

bucksie
10-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Ok, an update.

Managed to get the PS3 connected, and able to surf the net ok, i added some apps and shut it down for the night.
Yesterday, turned it on, signed in ok. Was online for 10mins or so to make sure i was able to stay connected. But when i choose to go online with BC2, it d'ced me. I couldnt get back online. So went on Black Ops on the Wii.

TonkaToys
10-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Bucksie

I think you said you've already tried plugging it in with a wire?

Can you take it around a friend's house and try?

bucksie
10-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Yah, its working now, not sure what i done, how i done it though........Holding breath........

Major Stains
10-10-2011, 02:20 PM
Yah, its working now, not sure what i done, how i done it though........Holding breath........

Hooray, enjoy the magic :applause: :party: :cheers:

bucksie
10-10-2011, 06:25 PM

Hooray, enjoy the magic :applause: :party: :cheers:

Still holding breath. had some good games. Very little lag. I must have been given a gift from the Lag Gods. =))

I wont forget my roots though. Esp friday night BlOps fest.