PDA

View Full Version : Specializations

sam007
10-04-2011, 11:50 PM
I noticed this when GetGot actually was physically in the same squad, he had the >> (aka squad sprint) beside his name. Not sure what that means if he picked that perk or got the benefits from me cause I had it picked. But if we co-ordinate everything once everyone has them unlocked, we can create a powerful squad.

Sprint, Ammo, Suppression and Cover are huge at the squad level.

Psalm
10-05-2011, 07:42 AM
What do all these specializations mean anyway...like CVR?

sam007
10-05-2011, 10:49 AM
My understanding is Cover counters the Suppression perk so it basically nullifies the effects.

Suppression makes their screen even more blurry or for a prolonged time.

dinsdale1978
10-05-2011, 11:18 AM
I tend to run Squad sprint when attacking and suppr when defending. I think that if one of your squad has a second tier ability like "squad sprint" it doesn't let you choose it in the selection menu. If we all have the squad perks unlocked, we would be a beastly team.

sam007
10-05-2011, 11:21 AM
I'll keep that in mind next time we're physically in the same squad and if we don't have comms working, I'll pick a different specialization. Maybe ammo or suppression at the squad level that is. Be sure you do the same. ;)

jacknighttamer
10-05-2011, 04:16 PM
For those "perks" to work don't you have to be the squad leader? :-?

sam007
11-04-2011, 05:16 PM
No Jack, anyone who picks those specializations at the squad level, everyone benefits so its best not to double up. If you do not have any squad level specs. pick other one to help your character out.

Its freaking amazing when they are stacked up.

Gink
11-04-2011, 07:46 PM
I noticed the icons by names sometimes this week when playing with higher level MPs, and tried to adjust my perks accordingly. I got a little confused though as I also saw icons that looked like explosives and flak, which I wasn't sure there was a squad version for? So then I wasn't sure if it just shows whatever perk squadmates have chosen, or if it only shows ones that effect the whole squad.

Kid_Bananas
11-05-2011, 10:49 AM
for every perk there is a squad version.

I have the sprint and ammo perks at the moment unlocked

Ullrsdog
11-07-2011, 04:37 PM
I noticed the icons by names sometimes this week when playing with higher level MPs, and tried to adjust my perks accordingly. I got a little confused though as I also saw icons that looked like explosives and flak, which I wasn't sure there was a squad version for? So then I wasn't sure if it just shows whatever perk squadmates have chosen, or if it only shows ones that effect the whole squad.

All perks have a squad unlock...so sprint = fast runners, Suppression = the longer blury screen, cover = less blury screen, flak = less explosive damage, explosive = more granade and rocket damage, ammo = well more ammo, Frag = more nades or 40mm shells.

I think that's all of them...if not go to battlelog and look at stats, then weapons and perks...all the 4 1 1 you need...

Gink
11-07-2011, 09:11 PM
The squad specialties are pretty sweet, have started to see them in use more and pay more attention to them. I like how when you are choosing your own any squad ones in effect show small in the specialties selection box. I have noticed at times multiple people running the same perk, so there's apparently no restriction, we just have to pay attention not to be redundant. I only have sprint so far, levelling slooowly.