PDA

View Full Version : IPAD PROBLEM

Red Dog 13
10-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Hope one of you awesomely clever people can help?

My wife was using the ipad last night to do some college work with, she fell asleep at some point with the ipad on her lap she thinks, she woke with a bit of a start and kinda grabbed the ipad as she was subconciously aware not to drop it!

When she went back to the work she found that the Safari page had the grey shading all over it and she was unable to get it to do anything, I have had a look at it and cannot figure it out, I don't generally use it so don't really know my way around, all the other functions are working fine, just Safari has the kinda highlight/select all grey shading, can anybody suggest how we can unlock Safari please?

johnboy
10-05-2011, 07:04 PM
Found this answer, hope it helps bud.

I found a similar query to mine on another forum. Apparantly this issue is becoming quite common and is related to specific software version.

I was advised to hold the on / off button and the "home" button at the same time for at least 10 secs or until the Apple logo appeared on the screen.

I did and it worked.

Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.

Trez
10-05-2011, 07:05 PM
Go to your home screen then double click the home button. Close all applications by touching the red icon. Restart your device by holding down home and lock buttons until it restarts. I'd say go to a backup but that's a last resort.

Red Dog 13
10-06-2011, 02:54 AM
:applause: :applause: :applause: Well done guys, I just knew you clever lot would come up with something, yep the holding the home and on/off button worked, it eventually brings up the silver apple on a black screen, then you hold the on/off until it clears the apple that then puts you back to the usual start up/unlock screen, I lurve TeamMP :hug:

johnboy
10-06-2011, 05:54 AM
I am the Google search master!

Red Dog 13
10-06-2011, 02:44 PM
I am the Google search master!

TOP MAN :applause: I just don't have the time these days, looking forward to a couple of weeks off after next Friday! (-|