PDA

View Full Version : Operation Metro

theczech99
10-20-2011, 08:49 AM
[attachment=0:1o9in1a5]operation-metro-620x348.jpg[/attachment:1o9in1a5]
Operation Metro was the first map ever showcased for Battlefield 3, and was the map used in the Alpha and Beta testing of the game. The map is set in Paris, France, where Russian forces have taken control of a portion of the city and the US Marines attack in the Rush mode. The map also supports Conquest, Conquest 64 on PC, Squad Rush and Team Deathmatch.

Operation Metro Unique features

The map is divided into three main sections: An outside area centered around a park, a large, underground metro area, and another open, Urban environment. The map offers a lot of tense combat and tight sections, particularly in the Subway section.

TonkaToys
10-20-2011, 10:57 AM
I don't want to play this one again for a while.

theczech99
10-20-2011, 11:04 AM
I can only imagine how bad conquest will be on this map. Trying to get from one end to the other is going to be a real bitch.

Borlaxx
10-20-2011, 11:08 AM
I can only imagine how bad conquest will be on this map. Trying to get from one end to the other is going to be a real bitch.
Hopefully the increased destruction versus the beta will help

theczech99
10-20-2011, 11:50 AM
I take back what I said. Knowing what DICE has done in the past I doubt conquest will take place in any of the subway. It will probably be in the first or last section of the map and 3 flags max.

Borlaxx
10-20-2011, 12:15 PM
I take back what I said. Knowing what DICE has done in the past I doubt conquest will take place in any of the subway. It will probably be in the first or last section of the map and 3 flags max.
Both those sections seems pretty small from what I remember to contain three flags.

REMEC87
10-20-2011, 12:23 PM
They will probably open up additional areas... the map at the top refers to the rush map. I wouldn't be surprised if they open the stuff above the subway portion.

theczech99
10-20-2011, 12:25 PM
They will probably open up additional areas... the map at the top refers to the rush map. I wouldn't be surprised if they open the stuff above the subway portion.
True, if they fill in the hole that appears after the base is lost you would have a lot more room to play. They could always add a flag on dumbass island or whatever it was called.

barrylevon
10-20-2011, 06:19 PM

Yeah, but imagine how chaotic it would be fighting for the middle flag. That would be pretty fun.

Kid_Bananas
10-21-2011, 09:48 PM
This map was fun I never really got tired of it and conquest could be intense especially since alot of people will be familiar with it from the get-go.

Gink
10-22-2011, 10:35 AM
I thought I'd seen some conquests video from PC and while all the action in the video seemed to be taking place in the ticket booth / escalators area it seemed like that was the last flag of 3, like maybe conquest ran the length of the subway and didn't use the outside areas. I guess we will know soon.

sam007
03-24-2012, 07:31 PM
[yt:2liu9ona]9RDaivdHql8[/yt:2liu9ona]

Here's a REALLY good break down of the hot spots for Conquest by a professional BF3 player who's won many titles.

One of the biggest tips from him that I picked up is knowing the "burn" area. You DON'T have to be right at the base of the flag to cap it, which many people are expecting you to be. This WILL help in surviving when capping a flag.

sam007
01-07-2013, 03:15 PM
I just jumped on a couple of empty servers to check out some angles IGN were playing. All I have to say is those who are gonna bipod up and watch a lane, its not as simple as that. You have to be aware of angles and your position you take up to cover that lane.

We have our work cut out for us just on one map!

When defending B Flag, depending on the side, we all know where players like to congregate and make a push from. These are the things everyone needs to be aware of. The lane watchers need to know where and when to shift.

Whats the best way to defend back stairs? at the top of the platform or the bottom? What the best way to defend a side stairs push, or front stairs push? Whats the best way to attack those defensive positions?

See what I mean, its more than just individual skill involved. Rambo is a fictional character that would not survive any battlefield. :lol:

sam007
01-08-2013, 11:04 AM
I played some more last night on this map and all I have to say is the turnstiles is key, that pillar behind back stairs, key, store 1, key. I did not really spend much time by the ATM's but I assume that spot is key as well.

This is defending from the RU side. The same holds true when defending from the US side.

One of the "easiest" positions to play is ATM, watching Lockers and Metro Doors, bipod up with extended mag and a magnified optic and you should be good, just be ready to fill in when needed.

EPIC50CAL
01-08-2013, 11:31 AM
I played some more last night on this map and all I have to say is the turnstiles is key, that pillar behind back stairs, key, store 1, key. I did not really spend much time by the ATM's but I assume that spot is key as well.

This is defending from the RU side. The same holds true when defending from the US side.

One of the "easiest" positions to play is ATM, watching Lockers and Metro Doors, bipod up with extended mag and a magnified optic and you should be good, just be ready to fill in when needed.

Yea that is a good spot. While I had the bipod set up in the ticket booth hitting the middle.

sam007
01-08-2013, 12:09 PM
http://screencast.com/t/iLhywJfrdJkZ

sam007
01-08-2013, 12:15 PM
http://screencast.com/t/MJbLDvpx5y

sam007
01-08-2013, 03:36 PM
very interesting, you can 320 store 1 from side stairs and not be exposed!

Ullrsdog
01-08-2013, 03:38 PM
http://screencast.com/t/MJbLDvpx5y

I think we may need to look at what worked well against us too on this map. Some of the positions that I kept finding guys aren't on here.

sam007
01-08-2013, 04:08 PM
I think we may need to look at what worked well against us too on this map. Some of the positions that I kept finding guys aren't on here.

OK, these were the positions I noticed and tend to go to in pub games.

Ullrsdog
01-08-2013, 04:46 PM
OK, these were the positions I noticed and tend to go to in pub games.

I'm with you but I noticed them laying in front of the planters by back escaltor from both the American and the Russian side. When deploying from A this seems reasonable but when deploying from C I think the turnstiles will get in the way...but is a spot to consider for the burn. the other one seems to be the sand bags opposite the Meat grinder right by the elevators. other than that I think the spots are good...but agree with Czech that we should have spots designated like B1 B2 B3 B4 or we can use callouts...and say meatgrinder bipod or something...we need to get on a server tonight and start fooling around.

mechatool
01-08-2013, 05:19 PM
I'm with you but I noticed them laying in front of the planters by back escaltor from both the American and the Russian side. When deploying from A this seems reasonable but when deploying from C I think the turnstiles will get in the way...but is a spot to consider for the burn. the other one seems to be the sand bags opposite the Meat grinder right by the elevators. other than that I think the spots are good...but agree with Czech that we should have spots designated like B1 B2 B3 B4 or we can use callouts...and say meatgrinder bipod or something...we need to get on a server tonight and start fooling around.

We also need a couple of people watching the front escalator at the top sitting in the 2 corners, because I think you can burn B from the elevators located at the top.

sam007
01-09-2013, 01:11 AM
This is what I had in mind for squad load outs.

when I say medic, i mean their gadget will be health pack.

Alpha, 1 recon, 1 support, 2 assault
Bravo, 3 assault, 1 support
Charlie, 2 support, 2 assault

The guys playing by the turnstiles are the "last man" standing, the slayers will be separated so a squad wipe does not happen to give the team any info.

The slayers I had in mind are: Joe, Chief, Snowman (if he continues), Badger/Dog and Epic, these guys need to follow the flow of the game and put up front line resistance. 3 Assault, 1 support, if revives are made, you guys will run out of ammo and need support with you guys at all times.

Recon will park his ass in designated spot and fly a mav, he must be sitting on an ammo bag so no time is wasted if they shoot the mav down.

The rest of the team are in the set positions as a second line defense if the slayers get wiped.

I personally feel, putting two below B flag will slow an attack on back stairs down, give the slayers enough time to reinforce back stairs. thats what they did. Also provide eyes on side stairs attack as well. If these guys get wiped, back stairs needs to be watched.

the initial break out from the spawn is very important, one person must have squad sprint on and if and when we two cap, change the perk to something else. But ammo, frags are a must for every squad.

the planters is a burn spot, if the US side manages to get behind the elevators and into side lockers, aka meat grinder, its also a burn area, they will cap that flag if atm and store 1 are still standing.

RC-1136
01-09-2013, 07:52 AM
When I was getting raped by you guys alone on Canals Rush last night I decided to go Bi-Pod Pro. It is pretty much easy mode. It easy to cover lanes with it. The trick will be to have some one cover your position while you reload. That is where I ran into trouble last night.

Ullrsdog
01-09-2013, 10:26 AM
When I was getting raped by you guys alone on Canals Rush last night I decided to go Bi-Pod Pro. It is pretty much easy mode. It easy to cover lanes with it. The trick will be to have some one cover your position while you reload. That is where I ran into trouble last night.

that's the flying squad RC...5 set bi-pod pros 4 slayers and 3 flying. the 3 flying guys will need to run around and pick up fallen bi-pods and cover various areas when needed.

SouthtownSlayer
01-09-2013, 12:53 PM
For the record this thread is viewable by non-members! That is all....

Ullrsdog
01-09-2013, 12:58 PM
For the record this thread is viewable by non-members! That is all....

all strats should be listed on clan battle thread if that's the case...or ADMIN can we lock this up for MP's only?

TonkaToys
01-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Moved under the Battlefield 3 Strategy Forum which is MP only

Ullrsdog
01-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Moved under the Battlefield 3 Strategy Forum which is MP only

WOOT!!! thanks again!!!

sam007
01-09-2013, 02:17 PM
RU defensive positions

http://screencast.com/t/jHGxjdL6Es

US defensive positions

http://screencast.com/t/0CthpqZl9D8

Some of the roles need to be changed when defending from the US side, a bipod pro needs to be in BANK, the POP MACHINES support needs to switch weapons.

FYI, these rough maps are not to scale, we know the responsibilites at hand for each set position

RC-1136
01-10-2013, 08:15 AM
Went 25-1 covering the Right Turn last night.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/77871200/4/318695242/

Posted up on one of the turn styles and had a great view down the right hallway. I noticed that the enemy has a tough angle to shoot through. Your angle is wide open. Beans found a good spot to drop ammo behind the pillar in the middle of the turn styles. It gives good cover to get ammo.

Madlob75
01-10-2013, 08:33 AM
From an attackers standpoint, I noticed a couple of things. I stayed mainly in store 3 and from there, everything was hazy. I could barley see heads poking out of certain spots in the ticket booth and was able to get hit markers, but couldn't see to track. Much easier to see at distance from the US side. It was a good spot though because I was able to cover people trying to back rage out team on the left. Decided to try the MAV out and tried three times to get RC and was finally successful on my last attempt. Was the MAV at least a annoying?

RC-1136
01-10-2013, 08:50 AM
From an attackers standpoint, I noticed a couple of things. I stayed mainly in store 3 and from there, everything was hazy. I could barley see heads poking out of certain spots in the ticket booth and was able to get hit markers, but couldn't see to track. Much easier to see at distance from the US side. It was a good spot though because I was able to cover people trying to back rage out team on the left. Decided to try the MAV out and tried three times to get RC and was finally successful on my last attempt. Was the MAV at least a annoying?

You were able to knock me off my bi-pod a couple of times. That was about it. Beans picked me up before I was finished calling you an asshole for MAV killing me. lol. I was pretty much standing in one place putting rounds down range with an unsilenced weapon. I was showing up on the mini-map the whole game, so the MAV wasn't an issue.

Ullrsdog
01-10-2013, 08:58 AM
You were able to knock me off my bi-pod a couple of times. That was about it. Beans picked me up before I was finished calling you an asshole for MAV killing me. lol. I was pretty much standing in one place putting rounds down range with an unsilenced weapon. I was showing up on the mini-map the whole game, so the MAV wasn't an issue.

I really wanted to try and pick you off of there but with the nades exploding and the 320's going off it was hard to get a steady view. Also if we ever have to try that we can't let folks walk in front of the sniper I got pushed, and blocked and everything which adds to the difficulty of clearing that spot. I really should of given up on the sniping after the 6th time you killed me. I think a well placed 320 round is a better plan than the sniping.

I couldn't kill anyone with the damn pp19!!

RC-1136
01-10-2013, 09:20 AM
I really wanted to try and pick you off of there but with the nades exploding and the 320's going off it was hard to get a steady view. Also if we ever have to try that we can't let folks walk in front of the sniper I got pushed, and blocked and everything which adds to the difficulty of clearing that spot. I really should of given up on the sniping after the 6th time you killed me. I think a well placed 320 round is a better plan than the sniping.

I couldn't kill anyone with the damn pp19!!

That reminded me of something. Once we hopefully get dug in, should the person running Squad Sprint switch to Squad Flak to make nades and 320's a little less effective?

theczech99
01-10-2013, 11:08 AM
I wanted to join everyone last night but was watching Netflix with the wife and running some tests on my router.

I'll be on for sure tonight.

Ullrsdog
01-10-2013, 11:24 AM
That reminded me of something. Once we hopefully get dug in, should the person running Squad Sprint switch to Squad Flak to make nades and 320's a little less effective?

yes we'll need to switch perks. Ammo and Frags will be very important and we'll want to figure out if we want supression and cover or supression and flak or cover and flak...just using those as examples, but I also think they may be the most important to consider. Sprint will be for the initial rush...I also want to think about the easy cap strat on the first push. I assume it would be Mav Man (me with the current assignments) that hangs out on the easy cap and EVERYONE ELSE (11 players) rush Bravo.

theczech99
01-10-2013, 11:41 AM
yes we'll need to switch perks. Ammo and Frags will be very important and we'll want to figure out if we want supression and cover or supression and flak or cover and flak...just using those as examples, but I also think they may be the most important to consider. Sprint will be for the initial rush...I also want to think about the easy cap strat on the first push. I assume it would be Mav Man (me with the current assignments) that hangs out on the easy cap and EVERYONE ELSE (11 players) rush Bravo.

Can you start a new thread with Practice/Match assignments to keep them from getting buried?

xMisFitToyx
01-10-2013, 11:50 AM
I wanted to join everyone last night but was watching Netflix with the wife and running some tests on my router.

I'll be on for sure tonight.

I'm calling Bullshit!!! Hahahahahaha

Your Trophy card busts you .... You were playing The Walking Dead ..... Awesome game!! How do you like it so far?

mechatool
01-10-2013, 12:09 PM

Your Trophy card busts you .... You were playing The Walking Dead ..... Awesome game!! How do you like it so far?

I have been playing it on the iPad, and it is a good story driven game. I am about to start playing the last episode.

theczech99
01-10-2013, 12:16 PM

Like I tell my kids ďYou need to get your facts straight!Ē Iím a plus member so my trophies update automatically. I did play Walking Dead on Tuesday for a few hours but never powered up the PS3 yesterday. I did a manual trophy update on Tuesday then the plus member update on Wed added a few more I received before jumping onto the BF Tuesday night. Any trophies that hit from the auto update were from Tuesday.

So far I've really enjoyed The Walking Dead. Last I played I had just made it back to the pharmacy after going to the motel. Too many good games to play and not enough time to play them all and too bad my dumb ass got my wife into watching Breaking Bad. Iíll make her watch the Punky Brewster collection I bought her for Christmas tonight with the kids. My girls really love that show!

xMisFitToyx
01-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Like I tell my kids “You need to get your facts straight!” I’m a plus member so my trophies update automatically. I did play Walking Dead on Tuesday for a few hours but never powered up the PS3 yesterday.

Just trying to bust your chops ... Its all good .... even if you did play. (and I know you didn't) :tongue:

theczech99
01-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Just trying to bust your chops ... Its all good .... even if you did play. (and I know you didn't) :tongue:

I know you were!

I wanted to play but my poor internet connection has to come to an end soon. My biggest problem is that where I live AT&T is my only option unless I want to run some type of wireless or dish system.

sam007
01-10-2013, 01:15 PM

Good to know, the one angle that I do know about store 3 is it has a shot on ATM turns, the one closest to the wall, so a sniper can take you out, but only if ticket booth has all the walls blown out.

xMisFitToyx
01-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Good to know, the one angle that I do know about store 3 is it has a shot on ATM turns, the one closest to the wall, so a sniper can take you out, but only if ticket booth has all the walls blown out.

I was playing Metro the other day ... defending B. There was a guy on the Op4 (Cafe Spawn) running the EOD Bot, and being very successful. It was very disruptive to us ... and he probably had at least 10 kills with it ... and if you blew it up .... 20 seconds later, it was back.

SouthtownSlayer
01-10-2013, 02:01 PM

I've noticed Store 3 seems to be a big pain in the ass if they get someone back there, I've noticed that normally a sniper will stand behind the ice machine and pick people off that are at bank / atm turn / ticket booth. That spot is a nice spawn beacon area and once cleared out it seems to be a nice spot to keep OP4 in check that come through right and center doors.

mechatool
01-10-2013, 03:22 PM
I've noticed Store 3 seems to be a big pain in the ass if they get someone back there, I've noticed that normally a sniper will stand behind the ice machine and pick people off that are at bank / atm turn / ticket booth. That spot is a nice spawn beacon area and once cleared out it seems to be a nice spot to keep OP4 in check that come through right and center doors.

When I was playing Store Turns on Metro last night I was able to keep most of the Op4 from entering Store 3. When someone made it into Store 1 I would call it out for the slayers. If they tried to advance to Store 2, they were toast.

xMisFitToyx
01-10-2013, 03:27 PM
How well do the Scan Bolts for the XBOW work. Could someone on either side shoot a Scan Bolt downrange to mark the OP4?

mechatool
01-10-2013, 05:38 PM
How well do the Scan Bolts for the XBOW work. Could someone on either side shoot a Scan Bolt downrange to mark the OP4?
the scan bolt only marks the Op4 if they are in the scan area when deployed. If the Op4 enter the scan area after you have deployed the arrow they will not show up.

xMisFitToyx
01-10-2013, 05:43 PM
the scan bolt only marks the Op4 if they are in the scan area when deployed. If the Op4 enter the scan area after you have deployed the arrow they will not show up.

Ahhh ..... I did not know that.

Ullrsdog
01-10-2013, 05:43 PM

on top of what Mech said the bolt only scan 10 meters I think meaning it's around half the area of the Mav and a third the area of the tugs...obviously you can t throw a tugs down a hall, but you can fly a Mav there...

RC-1136
01-11-2013, 09:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i04y0-TblUA&feature=share&list=UUXN76fKLJUFeMK12fAN5Gug

Here is Rival X-Factors Vid on how to break a Spawn Trap from the RU side. Hopefully we won't get spawn trapped, but it could help us bust through.

RC-1136
01-11-2013, 09:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IS8eZBvPJyI&feature=share&list=UUXN76fKLJUFeMK12fAN5Gug

Here is from the US side.

SouthtownSlayer
01-11-2013, 10:13 AM
Taken from battlelog, original post by RC...
"Southtown and I had a good thing going at the store turnstyles. There were OP4 in store 2. I would suppress them with my bipod while he shot 320's in there. He also revived my ass a bunch of times too. It work really well. I think we need to work on a break out strategy if we lose Bravo again."

We may need to have our slayers escort people to there positions so they can get set up and once they are locked down and then commence to running around as a group killing OP4.
A few things I noticed we did last night (and yes, I know that we didn't have everyone so I factored that in)
1. Squads - we had enough people on to ensure we had 4 MP people in a squad, some groups had 3 MP some had 2 with randoms, make sure you're in the same group with MP's and your not double stacked.
2. (Comms) K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid - This will come natural in time, so if you are at a position and you get killed, utilize the kill cam to communicate what happened. For example, if I'm in Store 1 watching Side Stairs and get killed by M320, I would probably say something like, "4 at Side stairs using 320". Another thing to keep in mind is comms aren't there to communicate how bad we suck or any other negative remarks.
3. Red Triangles - Don't swarm to them if you are at a position, stay there and watch your lanes.

sam007
01-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Taken from battlelog, original post by RC...
"Southtown and I had a good thing going at the store turnstyles. There were OP4 in store 2. I would suppress them with my bipod while he shot 320's in there. He also revived my ass a bunch of times too. It work really well. I think we need to work on a break out strategy if we lose Bravo again."

We may need to have our slayers escort people to there positions so they can get set up and once they are locked down and then commence to running around as a group killing OP4.
A few things I noticed we did last night (and yes, I know that we didn't have everyone so I factored that in)
1. Squads - we had enough people on to ensure we had 4 MP people in a squad, some groups had 3 MP some had 2 with randoms, make sure you're in the same group with MP's and your not double stacked.
2. (Comms) K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid - This will come natural in time, so if you are at a position and you get killed, utilize the kill cam to communicate what happened. For example, if I'm in Store 1 watching Side Stairs and get killed by M320, I would probably say something like, "4 at Side stairs using 320". Another thing to keep in mind is comms aren't there to communicate how bad we suck or any other negative remarks.
3. Red Triangles - Don't swarm to them if you are at a position, stay there and watch your lanes.

All good points, these are fundamentals, not super skills needed to do well. Like any "profession" its keeping to the fundamentals.

The one thing we did not do after we started to burn Bravo when we got behind the elevator, no one or group went into front lockers to cut down the angles, ie to cover pop machines (expect them to have people there) and store 1 and the "meat grinder" lane. Also, someone from the side stairs and front stairs push (you physically need to move down to the lower level to create distance) needs to watch the back rage since back stairs is not covered.

This is what I noticed on what we can work on.

And its gonna be running around until we clear B flag to get into position.

theczech99
01-11-2013, 12:18 PM
The one thing we did not do after we started to burn Bravo when we got behind the elevator, no one or group went into front lockers to cut down the angles, ie to cover pop machines (expect them to have people there) and store 1 and the "meat grinder" lane. Also, someone from the side stairs and front stairs push (you physically need to move down to the lower level to create distance) needs to watch the back rage since back stairs is not covered.

We got back raged once on the elevators. When we were retaking B and stacked on the back side of the elevator I dropped down to the ground floor and was able to cut another attempt at a back rage. I think we need to stick with trying to take front and side stairs first with two guys at ground floor front stairs watching for the back rage. Two guys in this location should be able to cover front and side stairs or at least let the team know in advance a back rage is coming. If we notice guys pushed forward away from ticket booth then we push back stairs. All it takes is getting one or two guys through their defense and on A to lighten the load on B. That one break through to A was what turned the game back in our favor. We didnít cap A but we at least pulled enough off of B to recapture it.