PDA

View Full Version : Caspian Border

theczech99
10-20-2011, 08:50 AM
[attachment=0:19b2r541]caspian-border-layout-620x455.jpg[/attachment:19b2r541]
Caspian Border was the second Battlefield 3 multiplayer map to be revealed. Itís a large, open map centered around a border area. The Russian and US forces each start out from their main bases and advance towards the five capture points spread across the map.

Caspian Border unique features

Caspian Border is a large, open map with a lot of room for vehicle combat ó and the map features both Jets, Helicopters, Tanks and APCs. The capture points are relatively close together, meaning there will be some tight and tense combat for both infantry and vehicles.

xMisFitToyx
10-20-2011, 09:01 AM
I have read that the playable area of this map is about 3 times as large as the playable area of the largest BC2 map. @-)

theczech99
10-20-2011, 09:03 AM
I have read that the playable area of this map is about 3 times as large as the playable area of the largest BC2 map. @-)
and this is not the largest map of the game! :-o

xMisFitToyx
10-20-2011, 09:09 AM

Then the reference may have been about the largest map (I may be wrong about the map)

theczech99
10-20-2011, 09:25 AM

Then the reference may have been about the largest map (I may be wrong about the map)
I think this is one of the largest in BF3. There is also the one in the oil fields that says it's one of the largest in BF3 too. These are probably the 2 largest that will be released with the game.

Sup3rman
10-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Is this only for Conquest?

theczech99
10-20-2011, 10:46 AM
No, all modes will be on all 9 maps.

Sup3rman
10-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Hell yea!!! I can't wait..I think the first map I'll play though would be that base jumping map..imagine..a private match?? 5 more days!!!! \m/

Psalm
10-20-2011, 11:15 AM
Squad deathmatch will be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Borlaxx
10-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Didn't DICE say that the maps on the PS3 and 360 would have smaller playable areas since the consoles don't have the 64 player matches like PC does? Perhaps that statement was in relation to the PC version of the map. If this map or others are that much bigger than the biggest map in BC2, like Ed said, Squad death match is going to be a game of hide and seak and might be very boring (however, didn't they limit the playable area of the maps for SDM in BC2?). Then again, I don't think I would be spending much time playing squad DM or regular DM anyway. Rush and conquest are much more fun.

Sup3rman
10-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Didn't DICE say that the maps on the PS3 and 360 would have smaller playable areas since the consoles don't have the 64 player matches like PC does? Perhaps that statement was in relation to the PC version of the map. If this map or others are that much bigger than the biggest map in BC2, like Ed said, Squad death match is going to be a game of hide and seak and might be very boring (however, didn't they limit the playable area of the maps for SDM in BC2?). Then again, I don't think I would be spending much time playing squad DM or regular DM anyway. Rush and conquest are much more fun.

I think you're right. I'm pretty sure they'll minimize the maps base on your game mode especially if it's TDM, otherwise it wouldn't be fun at all.

theczech99
10-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Squad deathmatch will be like finding a needle in a haystack.
It will be just like BC2. Arica Harbor is a huge map but the conquest mode is only played on a fifth of the map. They did the same thing on all maps for squad death match and squad rush. They will pick the best section of each map and thatís where your TDM will take place.

Bongtoker A2
10-21-2011, 11:17 AM
Yes, I think they limit the play area for squad DM and regular DM. Only so much of the map is opened up for DM.