PDA

View Full Version : Player Profile Concern

HardlyCapable13
10-26-2011, 11:28 PM
This started happening to me last night. I login to BF3 and get an error message saying "Existing player profile data appears to be damaged and cannot be used." After that it tells to adjust screen, then that I've unlocked Physical Warfare Pack, activated my online pass and unlocked M1911 just like the first time I started it up. However, my profile is still there with same level and all unlocks. This happens everytime I start the game. I'm concerned because this same thing happened to me in Assassins Creed 2 (quite late in the game), except EVERYTHING was gone. I couldn't bring myself to start that game over, as I put sooooo much time into it. Anyone else having this issue or heard of it? Thoughts?

TonkaToys
10-27-2011, 02:57 AM
Can you back up your profile?

murphy
10-27-2011, 07:53 AM
Send a message to Dice or Xbox Support on twitter, Can also try the battlefield forums. At least it's not purging the data right now but that would scare me everytime I log in.

HardlyCapable13
10-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Can you back up your profile?
Yup, first thing I did after it happened was backup my profile onto a flash drive, but either way it gives me the same error.

Send a message to Dice or Xbox Support on twitter, Can also try the battlefield forums. At least it's not purging the data right now but that would scare me everytime I log in.

Your right, everytime I log in I'm biting my nails. :-ss
I guess I should send an email or something to get some help or at least let them know the problem exists. Would I contact EA or Dice, not sure who's responsible for this...

Borlaxx
10-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Would I contact EA or Dice, not sure who's responsible for this...
I would assume DICE. They are the dev who made the game. EA just publishes it.

HardlyCapable13
10-27-2011, 11:00 AM
I would assume DICE. They are the dev who made the game. EA just publishes it.

Okay, I'll give that a shot. I'll update when I find out more, hopefully this is a very secluded problem...

ustolemygmrtag
10-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Meg had the same error with BC2. you will loose all your single player progress, but you will never loose your MP progress. That is stored server side. What we did was we deleted everything Bc2 on her xbox, and reistalled it all. it worked she never got he error again.

HardlyCapable13
10-27-2011, 03:17 PM
Meg had the same error with BC2. you will loose all your single player progress, but you will never loose your MP progress. That is stored server side. What we did was we deleted everything Bc2 on her xbox, and reistalled it all. it worked she never got he error again.

Ooooh! So all my SP progress is gone? Haven't checked into that. But I will try deleting all the files and reinstalling. You sure that won't delete my MP progress? :-\

HardlyCapable13
10-31-2011, 01:16 PM
So after tons of research it appears this is happening to a lot of people, however EA/Dice have yet to recognize the problem. I finally deleted my save game and started over (after plenty of reassurance this wouldn't delete my multiplayer profile). Just sucks to have to start over on the SP side...kind of scared to give it another go in case it happens again. :-s

HardlyCapable13
07-13-2012, 01:56 PM
Ughh....this is happening again. Only this time I've lost some of the guns I've unlocked. What the hell is going on?

CELockwood
07-13-2012, 06:12 PM
Strange that you've lost unlocks. This has happened to me 3 times, which is why I never finished the SP, but I've never lost MP stats.

donhardeone
07-15-2012, 07:07 PM
Like Lockwood, I had this happen multiple times to me a couple of months back, which is why I have yet to finish the SP campaign...tired of havign to start over so many times. Never lost any of my multiplayer guns or awards...only thing MP I have "lost" is my gun setups after I clear everything off. If you have specific setups with your weapons that you like, may be worth writing some of it down.

HardlyCapable13
07-16-2012, 10:13 AM
You guys are right, didn't lose any weapons, just setups. I jumped to the conclusion too quickly.