PDA

View Full Version : T-UGS

sam007
10-30-2011, 02:09 PM
This gadget is useful when there are multiple levels as it detects motion above and below its placement.

It emits a sound just like the radio beacon and one round Joe and I both heard the sound and were looking for it and gave up after. It does not emit any visuals, ie lights.

Any motion will be displayed in the mini map and if you don't get a visual of the movement, chances are they are above or below on your position depending on the placement in the map.

sam007
11-08-2011, 11:22 PM
SureMoe asked this question through battlelog and I figure I might as well give an answer to all who may be curious.

Hey, how do you get motion spot assists? I but down the T-UGs thing, but I never seem to get that many spots. Can you have more than 1 down at a time?

You get spot assists when a kill is made within the TUGS sensor by a teammate.

You can only have 1 TUGS deployed at any given time and if a new one is placed, the old one is destroyed.

How I found this gadget useful is using it like a wookie ball from BC2, but instead of throwing it, you stay within its radius and any motion is detected will be displayed in the mini map giving you a directional advantage over the unknowing victim. I tried that for TDM and it worked better than not having one.

Another use for the TUGS is multilevel parts of a map, preferably out of sight as it will detect motion above and below.

sam007
06-21-2012, 11:15 AM
I've been using this gadget like I did with the "wookie" ball from BC2. Works pretty good for CQ maps, just make sure you stay near the TUGs and keep your eye on the mini map to get the jump on the baddie :cheers:

mechatool
06-21-2012, 11:33 AM
I've been using this gadget like I did with the "wookie" ball from BC2. Works pretty good for CQ maps, just make sure you stay near the TUGs and keep your eye on the mini map to get the jump on the baddie :cheers:

Using this tactic on Close Quarters Dom holding two flags as a team works great! :cheers:

sam007
06-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Not even as a team but you can solo certain parts of maps like on Scrap Metal, I think its A flag where you have 3 ways in, but one can defend A on their own, cause A will start to burn if you're watching that side stairs with the two rooms.

But yes, its always better to work in pairs. ;)

mechatool
06-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Not even as a team but you can solo certain parts of maps like on Scrap Metal, I think its A flag where you have 3 ways in, but one can defend A on their own, cause A will start to burn if you're watching that side stairs with the two rooms.

But yes, its always better to work in pairs. ;)

On Scrap Metal I find it is better to hold B and C. They are very close together and in the same building. If a whole team holds and protects only 2 flags it forces the OP to come to you.