PDA

View Full Version : My New Strategy

RC-1136
11-01-2011, 08:56 AM
If viewtifuljoe is on the Opfor and in a tank, leave the server. He kicked my ass last night in his tank defending the objecting.

Borlaxx
11-01-2011, 09:07 AM
If viewtifuljoe is on the Opfor and in a tank, leave the server. He kicked my ass last night in his tank defending the objecting.
+1

I don't mind losing, but last night was so bad I wasn't even having fun. I will never get better and rank up if I just keep getting killed without a chance in hell against much better players who play a hell of a lot more than I do.

Sup3rman
11-01-2011, 10:17 AM
=)) =)) =))

Once you've unlocked some toys it shouldn't be a problem taking him out. Either that or just keep spam him with messages and hope that it distracts him long enough for you to c4 him. lol

sam007
11-01-2011, 10:22 AM
+1

I don't mind losing, but last night was so bad I wasn't even having fun. I will never get better and rank up if I just keep getting killed without a chance in hell against much better players who play a hell of a lot more than I do.

Now you see why MP vs. MP can lead to bad feelings. Sure Joe is just playing the game but its not like he's taking it easy on us.

sam007
11-01-2011, 10:23 AM
=)) =)) =))

Once you've unlocked some toys it shouldn't be a problem taking him out. Either that or just keep spam him with messages and hope that it distracts him long enough for you to c4 him. lol

Good idea. =))

RC-1136
11-01-2011, 10:27 AM
I have no hard feelings against him. I've been on his side plenty of times. This is more of a compliment. That guy is really good at this game.

Borlaxx
11-01-2011, 10:32 AM
I don't have hard feeling against joe or anyone else for being better than me, but getting my ass kicked by MPs that I had hoped would teach me to get better isn't very fun. From now on I am going to play with randoms if people are playing MP vs MP. I will learn more that way than just getting killed over and over.

TrojanTeacher
11-01-2011, 10:52 AM
When I join a server and see the MP's on the other side...I start salivating. TAGS!!!!

TheFreak75
11-01-2011, 12:05 PM
When I join a server and see the MP's on the other side...I start salivating. TAGS!!!!
ME TOO!!!!!! :devil:

Kid_Bananas
11-02-2011, 04:31 AM
lol this is definitely the consensus. I usually try to make sure somebody icovering my back or I got my back to the wall.

Sckrapps
11-12-2011, 06:16 PM
From now on I am going to play with randoms if people are playing MP vs MP. I will learn more that way than just getting killed over and over.

Yeah, I've been frustrated by this too, although I don't take it personally. I had a game last week where I went 8-8 (which is pretty good for me). Unfortunately, I went 8-2 against everyone else and 0-6 against Underdog! :(( Obviously I would've had a much better game against some randoms.

But more to the point, the new team balancing implemented by Dice is cutting both ways. There were times in BFBC2 where a team full of MPs would run the table so often we could never get enough randoms to stick around and play against us. Dice's balancing has done away with this. But one new problem is that inevitably if a bunch of MPs are playing, than a couple of them will randomly get switched to the other side, and now you're fighting against your clan instead of with them, which can lead to some weird Party moments when no one is cooperating because the teams are mixed and you don't want to yell "I'm taking Alpha!" only to get shot in the back by a fellow MP on the other side. I wish there were a way to lock a squad together.

DayliteMag
11-13-2011, 09:09 AM
I really hope they make some changes to this element of the game. To my understanding BF3 is meant to be a team game. If I can't play with my team mates (i.e. you guys) then what's the point? Look at the convo that's taking place in this thread and others here on our forums. There are already people saying they will leave games b/c of the balancing issues. It's not a long shot to go from there to leaving the game out of your console altogether. Recently, I've had some extremely frustrating games against MPs where I'm not having fun and basically just waiting for the match to be over so I can drop out without looking like a rage-quitter. To me, this is a bad sign for the longevity of this game.

sniperella
11-13-2011, 09:20 AM
I really hope they make some changes to this element of the game. To my understanding BF3 is meant to be a team game. If I can't play with my team mates (i.e. you guys) then what's the point? Look at the convo that's taking place in this thread and others here on our forums. There are already people saying they will leave games b/c of the balancing issues. It's not a long shot to go from there to leaving the game out of your console altogether. Recently, I've had some extremely frustrating games against MPs where I'm not having fun and basically just waiting for the match to be over so I can drop out without looking like a rage-quitter. To me, this is a bad sign for the longevity of this game.

You're nicer than I am, I don't wait, I just look like a crazy rage-driven quitter!!

I do not like this balancing deal either, and there are quite a few MPs that really don't like playing against other MPs, not because of K/D ratios, but b/c they don't like opposing their "team-mates", which I completely understand. It really isn't fun if you are one against several other MPs, especially like UnderDog, Blitz, and Teach! Oh, and Freak, cause then you know you might as well just meet him in the middle somewhere and give him your tags and get it over with! :))

That said, as far as the party deal goes, when this happened Friday night, and more and more MPs joined and we didn't have room for everyone, and we had opposing team members in one party, we made some changes. I got kinda bossy (sorry Toxic and DopeTitan), but I basically told those two to leave the party or else! :-w Actually, I knew that there were at that point 5 or 6 others on the other team with them, and they would do better if they were in a party with them, and not being spies!! Last night we had two parties on one side going, because our party was full, and my whole squad wasn't able to coordinate because they weren't all in the party. I instructed everyone not to get their panties in a wad, but that I was going to start a new party and only invite my squad mates. Then more MPs had a party once they joined in, and it worked out nicely I thought. We just have to take the initiative and coordinate better ourselves. We can't all be omnipotent like Dustin is in his warnings that I will die (had to be there I guess), but we have to sort of try to pay attention to who is on our team and in our squad to avoid awkward moments, like no one giving call outs and enemy positions b/c the enemy is in the party! Now, the only exception I think is if it is just one or two people on the other side, in which case, just keep trying to switch over if you can, but then you should be allowed to stay in the party, just don't take advantage of it! Ok, now I'm done composing a mini-strategy guide to BF3 and XBOX parties! ;)

jkodrigues
11-13-2011, 01:07 PM
i had one night that i was up against mps and i lost about 10 games straight :cuss:
i didnt rage quit but i was almost there :))
i dont understand the balance of the servers and the fact that it wont let you change teams even if there are spots available on the other team
i think some aspects of this game need some work
spwan tag raping is easy there are some maps that people always spawn in the same place

Sckrapps
11-14-2011, 04:59 PM
We just have to take the initiative and coordinate better ourselves... we have to sort of try to pay attention to who is on our team and in our squad to avoid awkward moments, like no one giving call outs and enemy positions b/c the enemy is in the party!

@ Daylite and Sniperella. After Sniperella's new strat guide I'm going to pile on and add my two bits. I'm actually heartened to know that other people are having some of the same frustrations I am, cause it seemed like I was the only one.

I think this is probably the answer right here with what Sniperella said above, although I know its not always easy to do in practice. Every MP is pretty nice and no one wants to step on anyone else's toes, but maybe someone just needs to pipe up and say "Hey, this sucks. I'm going to jump out and start a new game. Anyone want to join?" Lockwood, Toxic and I did this on Sat night, and it ended up saving the night for me. I was having no fun getting pounded, mostly by other MPs, so we jumped out and started a new game. Sniperel, urm, I mean *Drunkerella*, then gave us a little good natured grief for it later but it was totally worth it. I still had fun with my MPs, and I was in danger of just dropping the controller and walking away for the night if I hadn't.

Regardless, I see two main problems. BF3's balancing system and chat system isn't working out , and we have a ton of new recruits. Its actually *harder* to find a good game now than it used to be with BC2. X( Since the FNGs are our peeps & just as much part of the clan as the old farts, and we have no control over what Dice does or does not do, we probably just need to communicate a little bit more clearly. Start new parties, start new games, and just make sure we're inclusive in doing so.

Not all MPs can fit under one umbrella anymore. I think the trick will be to find a way of making sure that everyone is under "a" MP umbrella, squadded up, and having fun, because its impossible for all the BF3 clan to be in one game and on one side anymore. Like I said, just my two bits.

XXXSteelheadXXX
11-14-2011, 05:39 PM
I am guilty of a rage quit. It was either that or blow a vessle in my eyeball.

barrylevon
11-14-2011, 07:29 PM
I'll say this, I've been in a few matches where most of my party was on one side and I was on the other. It usually happens when I join a server after getting in a party, but I do attempt to switch teams every chance I get. Whenever, I hear chatter about taking an objective I usually just go somewhere else, unless I'm already there in which case the chatter doesn't help me. Most MP's don't describe in detail their exact location, they just say, I'm at X. I've even actively avoided a spawn beacon that Toxic placed so that I wouldn't feel like I was cheating. I will say that it's pretty fun when you kill someone in the party, though. I remember Sniperella saying that I sucked b/c I kept killing her, and Wildbill going nuts in BC2. Woodronius (spelling) was my most recent victim. It didn't seem to matter where I was he was always in my sights. Not that I haven't been on the receiving end of the slaughter. That said, I'm down with leaving the party if I'm running against other Mp's.

donhardeone
11-14-2011, 07:39 PM
I agree with Sniperella and Sckrapps above...I have found myself frequently the sole MP against a slew of MPs when I first join in on games and sometimes it takes 2-3 games of being dominated like Verne Troyer taking on Michael Jordan in 1v1 Bball before I can finally switch sides or other MPs start joining on. Even when on a team with even numbers of MPs we all know there are those among us that are better at killing peeps than some of us...I have wanted to rage quit myself from time to time. I definitely play this for fun first, but being killed every 5 seconds in any game makes me want to leave the lobby. When playing with MPs I try to stay in games regardless since I am new to the group and still trying to meet people and such, but there are times I have to leave and play TDM or find something else to play to keep from having to explain to my wife why the window beside my couch has a controller-sized hole in it!

Sckrapps
11-14-2011, 08:04 PM
When playing with MPs I try to stay in games regardless since I am new to the group and still trying to meet people and such, but there are times I have to leave and play TDM or find something else to play to keep from having to explain to my wife why the window beside my couch has a controller-sized hole in it!

Exactly! I try to stay with MPs too, but when it stops being fun... No one should ever feel guilty about trying to find a new game just because getting pwned is no fun. If I'm on and this happens to you just send me an invite, and I'll jump out and play some TDM or SDM with you. Or Co-Op, I seriously need to get on the Co-Op campaign and unlock some weapons.

CELockwood
11-14-2011, 08:42 PM
When playing with MPs I try to stay in games regardless since I am new to the group and still trying to meet people and such, but there are times I have to leave and play TDM or find something else to play to keep from having to explain to my wife why the window beside my couch has a controller-sized hole in it!

Exactly! I try to stay with MPs too, but when it stops being fun... No one should ever feel guilty about trying to find a new game just because getting pwned is no fun. If I'm on and this happens to you just send me an invite, and I'll jump out and play some TDM or SDM with you. Or Co-Op, I seriously need to get on the Co-Op campaign and unlock some weapons.

ditto

ProfUnderDog
11-15-2011, 01:00 PM

+1

donhardeone
11-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Thanks guys. I may hit some of you up for Co-Op or SDM...I haven't played either to this point and would love to. Squad deathmatch, I want no part in playing with randoms on it.

Compact_SEAL
11-23-2011, 07:30 PM
I too hope they get the team and squadding issues worked out as last night I played against 10 MP's and 2 blueberries and myself and one other MP were on the OpFor and it just wasn't even fun for me. I suck bad at games to begin with but to just spawn in to die repeatedly within 1 minute or instantly rapidly sponged all the fun out. I had to move along and look for another game where I may have a better chance, but that rapidly turned into another horror story in itself. Dice should fill all slots based on clan tag first then leave choice of team open to player if possible. that way, for me, if I was going to have to go against my team/clan I would just have the option to move along. I will say that I learned some things about better use of objects in game for cover and better use of in game shadows to be more invisible. I also hope they work out the invincibility thing as it happend to me and made me uncomfortable as I have no intention to cheat and so many people were steam rolling me at point blank range I couldn't suicide out of it fast enough. :sick: