PDA

View Full Version : Headsets

freegunner2010
11-02-2011, 08:16 AM
i am going to have to buy a new headset over the next week i was wondering if any one had suggestions on a good headset.

THX Free

XXXSteelheadXXX
11-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Turtle Beach has a nice selection. I prefer the wireless x4's

sam007
11-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Turtle Beach, also purchase some crazy glue at the same time. Very light and comfortable. Can be used with PC as well.

Tritton AX Pro, built like a tank, heavy, hurts your head after long hours wearing them. Cannot be used with PC.

I've got them both as with many other MP's, hope they can comment as well.

mechatool
11-02-2011, 11:09 AM
What price range are you looking to spend towards your headseat? I have the wireless Astro A30. They are some of the best sounding and quality built headphones. They will set you back around $230. You can only buy them through their website no retail stores carry them. Here is a review of the A40 http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/12/18/ ... tem-review (http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/12/18/astro-a40-audio-system-review) this was before they offered the Astro A30.

Raider
11-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Turtle Beach PX21's = awesome. Only downside is they are not wireless....but they do come with like a 16' chord. I've had mine for a good 6 months and they are holding up perfectly. I found mine on Amazon for $59 w/FREE shipping. I likie em because the sound is awesome....I've never had to turn them all the way up...well, maybe in Netflix viewing. They are compatible for PS3, Xbox, PC and Mac. For the money, I don't think they can be beat.

http://reviews.cnet.com/sc/34057883-2-1333-OVR-1.jpg

SlapLaB
11-02-2011, 11:18 AM
I was actually looking at the P11 from Turtle Beach... a bit cheaper than the PX21, but I'm not sure exactly what the difference is.
Wired may actually be a good thing IMHO (no batteries to recharge!)
Anybody has those?

Sup3rman
11-02-2011, 11:21 AM
If you're getting it specifically for BF3..you might as well just wait and find a good deal during Thanksgiving..cause the comm system on BF3 right suck ass!!!

mechatool
11-02-2011, 11:41 AM
What price range are you looking to spend towards your headseat? I have the wireless Astro A30. They are some of the best sounding and quality built headphones. They will set you back around $230. You can only buy them through their website no retail stores carry them. Here is a review of the A40 http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/12/18/ ... tem-review (http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/12/18/astro-a40-audio-system-review) this was before they offered the Astro A30.
Not only are they wireless you can also plug them in straight into any system (PS3, XBox, PC, MP3 players) to make them wired. They are true dolbly digtal 5.1 surround sound headsets.

theczech99
11-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Turtle Beach, also purchase some crazy glue at the same time. Very light and comfortable. Can be used with PC as well.

Tritton AX Pro, built like a tank, heavy, hurts your head after long hours wearing them. Cannot be used with PC.

I've got them both as with many other MP's, hope they can comment as well.
I've got both too and only use the Tritton HS. :cheers:

BusySignal
11-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Turtle Beach PX21's = awesome.

I too have this set and agree.

rottsko
11-02-2011, 03:12 PM
i've had my turtle beach hpa2 headset for a couple of years w/o any problems.

Gink
11-02-2011, 07:33 PM
I love my turtle beach PX5s, wireless with optical audio in and USB for power to the base, lots of audio presets for everything from booming sound to listening for footsteps, also has tools to make custom presets. They also sync with any other Bluetooth so I use em a lot for music or watching Netflix on my tablet, supposedly they sync with 2 devices at once, so you could answer your phone with em while gaming, but I haven't found that too work real well. For the price you could probably find more durable cans, and probably better sound, but would be hard to find a more versatile headset.

bigbaldbobby
11-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Well that pretty much answered my questions. all I have know is a PoS bluetooth ear thingy. Great for my smarty pants phone,not so good for BF3. Plus the wife will be happy that I wont have to turn on the surround anymore :D Plus she is getting the Amazon Kindle Fire for Christmas so I should be able to sneak the TB headphones in on the order. :cheers:

georgiatexan85
11-07-2011, 07:55 PM
I use the wireless headset that Sony just came out with for ps3. It's only 99 bucks and they work.just as good or better than any headset I've ever used. Also very comfortable. Battery life is very good as well. These are a good set

CB-40
11-07-2011, 10:04 PM
I use the wireless headset that Sony just came out with for ps3. It's only 99 bucks and they work.just as good or better than any headset I've ever used. Also very comfortable. Battery life is very good as well. These are a good set
Been waiting for someone to give these a try :D . I may track down a pair of these for Christmas. They definitely have to beat the $30 bluetooth I use now #-o .

georgiatexan85
11-07-2011, 10:48 PM
Yes I've been more than happy with em

ellison81
11-08-2011, 12:55 PM
I have been using the sony wireless ones for about a week now. I love them. The only issue I have encountered is the incoming voices from your squad can be very quiet. And to turn up the volume on the voice you have to turn down the game sound. Also, you can't hear your own voice in the headphones like I could with my turtle beach px21's. So sometimes the wife shhhhhssss me because I don't realize how load I am talking. The best thing is the sound quality. WOW!!! You can hear footsteps next to you and that pesky sniper bullet whizing by your head.....

My 2 cents..

Ty

roadrnr
11-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Well I just got my Turtle Beach PX21's in the mail today! I'm stoked and can't wait to try them out (hopefully) tonight in some BF3 action!

freegunner2010
11-14-2011, 08:53 AM
THANKS FOR THE INFO EVERYONE TIME TO GO SHOPING :cheers:

bigbaldbobby
12-12-2011, 09:13 PM
I have been using the sony wireless ones for about a week now. I love them. The only issue I have encountered is the incoming voices from your squad can be very quiet. And to turn up the volume on the voice you have to turn down the game sound. Also, you can't hear your own voice in the headphones like I could with my turtle beach px21's. So sometimes the wife shhhhhssss me because I don't realize how load I am talking. The best thing is the sound quality. WOW!!! You can hear footsteps next to you and that pesky sniper bullet whizing by your head.....

My 2 cents..

Ty

So its been awhile, how do you like the Sony wireless? I think the wifey told Santa to bring a pair of those for me. :-)

johnnyh1976
12-13-2011, 08:57 AM
Gamestop has the Turtle Beach PX 21's on for $79 this week. Naturally I had to email the details to wifey to let Santa know....hopefully I'm on his good list.

Can they also be used for the other PS3 functions? Netflix, Blu-Ray...etc? If so she is going to be happy because I like things loud....too many years playing guitar in bands in tiny rehersal spaces have done some damage to the ears over the years.

theczech99
12-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Gamestop has the Turtle Beach PX 21's on for $79 this week. Naturally I had to email the details to wifey to let Santa know....hopefully I'm on his good list.

Can they also be used for the other PS3 functions? Netflix, Blu-Ray...etc? If so she is going to be happy because I like things loud....too many years playing guitar in bands in tiny rehersal spaces have done some damage to the ears over the years.
Yes they will work for other things than just games. They will also work for skype if you have a laptop or computer near your PS3 so you can be connected to both at the same time.

dinsdale1978
12-13-2011, 09:33 AM
BTW I tried using my Trittons for both PS3 and Skype at the same time, but that just doesn't work. The Trittons have an Xbox output on the volume control that is basically a regular mic output. So I plugged that into my laptop and kept the USB to the PS3 but I could only output to the laptop. Fail.

theczech99
12-13-2011, 09:41 AM
BTW I tried using my Trittons for both PS3 and Skype at the same time, but that just doesn't work. The Trittons have an Xbox output on the volume control that is basically a regular mic output. So I plugged that into my laptop and kept the USB to the PS3 but I could only output to the laptop. Fail.
I use my Trittons for skype! That's the only HS I've used since we've been running skype. Plug the USB on your Tritton HS into your laptop and leave the other plug the same.

johnnyh1976
12-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Yes they will work for other things than just games. They will also work for skype if you have a laptop or computer near your PS3 so you can be connected to both at the same time.

Yeah was going to set up a skype account over the weekend.....our laptop was dropped and the LCD screen is screwed. It wasn't that great anyway used it mostly for internet and emails while travelling...but hey it was free.

Our computer is in our dining room area about 60 feet from the PS3 and we have a wireless internet connection. Don't know if that would work. Thanks for the tips though.....Man I am so behind the times tech-wise L-)

dinsdale1978
12-13-2011, 10:37 AM
I use my Trittons for skype! That's the only HS I've used since we've been running skype. Plug the USB on your Tritton HS into your laptop and leave the other plug the same.

That's what I normally do but I was experimenting with being able to talk to you guys and anyone not on skype, without using my bluetooth PS3 mic.

bigbaldbobby
12-30-2011, 07:41 PM
So the wife gave me PS3 h3eadset for christmas. Love it. Didn't know that birds chirped at the spawn in.Seine crossing. Can tellwhere all the firefights are and can hear people walking upstairs. Best part is the wife can pluck her kindle and not hear my game. Bad part is you can't hear yourself on chat so I tend to get a litle loud. And I can't hear the girls beating eachother up. Or doorbells,or cellphones etc. Etc.

shawnf1980
01-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Got me some Tritton AXPRO's for Christmas for myself. OMG they are great got them from gamestop for 180$

CB-40
01-03-2012, 09:39 PM
So the wife gave me PS3 h3eadset for christmas. Love it. Didn't know that birds chirped at the spawn in.Seine crossing. Can tellwhere all the firefights are and can hear people walking upstairs. Best part is the wife can pluck her kindle and not hear my game. Bad part is you can't hear yourself on chat so I tend to get a litle loud. And I can't hear the girls beating eachother up. Or doorbells,or cellphones etc. Etc.
Me too and I'm really liking them so far. Of course the only other thing I have to compare them too is my little bt earpiece from my phone but they still impress me :D . Especially getting a bt wireless, rechargeable surround sound headset for less than $100 (found these on sale at amazon for $80). They are also pretty comfortable and my wife was stoked about not having to hear the game so that was a major selling point. So for a middle of the road gamer like myself, or maybe low road L-) , they are just right.

RadioPlay7
01-06-2012, 01:55 PM
I just use a motorola bt for voice...that way I can use the apple handsfree in the other ear if there are people on both skype and BF chat...boom

Spike Forehand
01-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Turtle Beach PX21's = awesome. Only downside is they are not wireless....but they do come with like a 16' chord. I've had mine for a good 6 months and they are holding up perfectly. I found mine on Amazon for $59 w/FREE shipping. I likie em because the sound is awesome....I've never had to turn them all the way up...well, maybe in Netflix viewing. They are compatible for PS3, Xbox, PC and Mac. For the money, I don't think they can be beat.

That's what I got. They work great, but are kind of fragile. Don't leave them in stomping range and like someone said get some super glue.

One tip with these - when raising or lowering the mike grab it on the round center and rotate it - don't push it up and down by the flexible part. Mine broke off there. The other break was where the ear piece attaches to the head band piece.

Fixed both breaks with super glue/duct tape.