PDA

View Full Version : Clear up that friends list

XXXSteelheadXXX
11-09-2011, 11:07 AM
If you accept the friend request sent from "MATUREPLYR BF3" you should then be able to clear out space on your own friends list. Details are at this forum post.

http://teammp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3603

Enjoy!

xxxSteelheadxxx

roadrnr
11-09-2011, 12:04 PM
What's the difference between this list (MATUREPLYR BF3) and the other one MP BF3 List1?

XXXSteelheadXXX
11-09-2011, 12:14 PM
If (MATUREPLYR BF3) gets 100 members, a second account could be setup. (MATUREPLYR2 BF3). If that account gets 100 more members then (MATUREPLYR3 BF3) could then be setup. I don't forsee that happening though.

There is no difference between List1 and this account. I just didn't name it list 1

LandShark
11-09-2011, 08:55 PM
What's the difference between this list (MATUREPLYR BF3) and the other one MP BF3 List1?

the mp bf3 list1 was created by gmrtag to see if steelheads idea will work. Maybe this will help.

LandShark
12-04-2011, 11:23 AM
we need to get this account out to everyone because i and several others are full or close to full.

Retro
12-04-2011, 11:38 AM
I know Borlaxx said in another thread, it's probably time to close recruiting for awhile.

LandShark
12-04-2011, 11:40 AM
I know Borlaxx said in another thread, it's probably time to close recruiting for awhile.
actively recruiting needs to be closed, but i bet there are still going to be people find this clan. what do we do about them?

cronam
12-04-2011, 11:49 AM
tell them no vacancies

Retro
12-04-2011, 11:52 AM
actively recruiting needs to be closed, but i bet there are still going to be people find this clan. what do we do about them?
"Sorry no hablo?"

Sckrapps
12-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Definitely close the active recruiting, but if a friend of a MP wanted in I wouldn't say no. And if someone randomly found us I wouldn't say no either - can't happen that much.

jbcal
12-04-2011, 06:54 PM
I randomly found the clan - unfortunately for you :)

So, how do I go about adding the [MP] to my name for the xbox? Am I ok to add it?

I've played with a bunch of you, but I don't get the Party feature versus the in-game chat, so I don't talk much.

Anyway, it's tons of fun and thanks for the invites over the past few days. I totally enjoy hooking up with the group!

donhardeone
12-04-2011, 07:52 PM
I randomly found the clan - unfortunately for you :)

So, how do I go about adding the [MP] to my name for the xbox? Am I ok to add it?

I've played with a bunch of you, but I don't get the Party feature versus the in-game chat, so I don't talk much.

Anyway, it's tons of fun and thanks for the invites over the past few days. I totally enjoy hooking up with the group!

It was great to finally get in a few games with you the other night. As for the [MP] clan tag in BF3, you can do that from within Battlelog. When you log into Battlelog, click on 'Edit Profile' while viewing your profile and then under the "Soldier Settings" section there is a blank for you to type in your clan tag: MP.

Never hesitate to jump into a party with any of us...if the party is full just shoot one of us an invite and some of us will hop out and join in a party with you. Team chat you can't talk between games, and party allows us to plan attacks/defenses across multiple squads in a team instead of being limited to just a single squad. We've tried using team chat on some games before, but I found it to be problematic since it seemed to break up a lot.

sniperella
12-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Saw you in the party, jbcal, but you never would talk to us :( We won't bite, I promise! Just feel free to jump right in whenever, we don't always stay on task, but we have a lot of fun! We can get sort of crazy every now and then, but don't be afraid! ;)

As for recruiting, we probably should close it off, and like Sckrapps said, allow friends/family of MP to join, and if someone does randomly find us, allow them to join too. We can always just squeeze in a few here and there! ;)

jbcal
12-05-2011, 11:41 AM
So, when joining a Party, everyone in the party can talk whenever, but in game chat you can only talk to your team (or is it squad?) in between games. Is that correct?

I'll add the MP today :)

Toxic Avenger72
12-05-2011, 12:23 PM
So, when joining a Party, everyone in the party can talk whenever, but in game chat you can only talk to your team (or is it squad?) in between games. Is that correct?

Yep, for both. Just join in the party. We've tried the in-game VOIP before but it doesn't work as well as the XBL party. By default the BF3 VOIP is set to squad. You can change this to the entire team one of the loadout menus while you are playing.

Sckrapps
12-07-2011, 01:58 PM
So I've got admit, I haven't figured out how to use this list, or at least how its supposed to be easier than just looking at my friends list. I'm usually pretty technologically adept but this one escapes me.

Suggestions? How do *you* guys and gals use it?

XXXSteelheadXXX
12-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Xbox allows you to look at the friends list of your friends. So for example you can look at xxxSteelheadxxx friend list and see who is online on my list.

Setting up an account specifically for Team MP would allow you to search that friend list to see who is online. If you still have space availabe on your own friends list, then this method doesnt really benefit you, but like 20% of the MP BF3 players, your friends list is full, and new recruits cant send you a friend request.

This method is only beneficial if you have ran out of space on your own personal friends list.

If someone needs clarification, just hit me up online and I can walk you through it.

This was just a test run to see if it would be beneficial. If not, no biggie.

Sckrapps
12-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Got it - this does explain it. When I hit 97 friends or so I cleaned out a ton of deadwood. There were a lot of MPs who I had added when I joined way back in the day who aren't active in the clan anymore, so I cleared a bunch of them out. I don't have that many "real-life" friends who are gamers, so its not as hard for me to manage my friend list, especially now that recruiting is over.

Thanks, Steelhead.