PDA

View Full Version : MW3: wii freeze and corrupts save data

black powder
11-09-2011, 10:31 PM
This is a load of BS, it seems to be pretty wide spread after a day of play already and Ol' c5'er Mark-E has had it happen to him as well. Also others have had it happen to them while in special ops as well. This was brought up in our chat section by law, it's all in the cod:MW3 forums under wii. Hopefully it's fixable :-ss These are the video proof of this happening to the video maker.

Team Deathmatch Video with Freeze: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQYc598bdnI

Aftermath upon booting the game back up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKCvpcBQwjE

Law
11-10-2011, 09:42 AM
So, is it happening to the same frequency as BlOps was breaking disk drives?

That never happened to mine..and it took about a month before Wii's were breaking last December. I have to keep my fingers crossed that neither happens!

I may stick to Spec Ops survival mode (made it to the second wave of Juggernauts!!) and/or fire up some campaign for a week and keep on eye on the COD forums; see if there will be a patch soon.

Major Stains
11-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Mine froze a lot with BlOps. So this would be a Major Buzzkill for me. Let alone how the Euro/US servers work out.
Package dispatched from Amazon, come on postie get a wiggle on.
I've always completed SP 1st... What to do?

black powder
11-10-2011, 12:13 PM
I actually haven't touched the SP mode, I only completed the SP for reflex 6-7 times, before I knew that there was on-line play =)) I played MP last night again with no issues with freezing, as mine froze in reflex and bo. I'm a little hesitant to play but, I'll just start over. Prestige might have to wait till they can figure this out, though insin is gonna beat me to it I'm sure. If I can take my gun of choice I probably will prestige, since that is gonna be a huge advantage. :D

black powder
11-10-2011, 05:12 PM
Oh yeah, my wii fried during BO as well, maybe the newer refurbished wii isn't gonna be affected but I'm guessing it freezes my stats are gone. I've had host rage quit and no freezing, last night it was 3-4 matches in a row. Gonna go check for any updates

Iron67
11-12-2011, 03:18 AM
crap this has worried me now ,i really cant be doing with my Wii frying ,not this end of the yr at least

as for single player mode
this is the 1st time ever ive jumped straight in to MP mode without completing the game 1st

Iron67
11-12-2011, 04:52 AM
oh well i dont have to worry any more , just froze and lost the bloody lot ...back to square 1
if they dont sort this out im going back to Blops
got all the way to lvl 14 ,unlocked a shed load a stuff and now its all gone

i have a new allie code ,i'll post it when i can be bothered to load the game up again ...sorry guys but this has really p**sed me off

Law
11-12-2011, 06:41 AM
oh well i dont have to worry any more , just froze and lost the bloody lot ...back to square 1
if they dont sort this out im going back to Blops
got all the way to lvl 14 ,unlocked a shed load a stuff and now its all gone

i have a new allie code ,i'll post it when i can be bothered to load the game up again ...sorry guys but this has really p**sed me off

Well, it just happened to me this morning after that first game with Iron. :cuss: :cuss: :-? :-? :-o :-o :(( :((

Had to start all over again...but I a choice not to play multi yet knowing it could happen...and it did

black powder
11-12-2011, 09:54 AM
I'm thinking it has to due with host game freezing or maybe manually shuting down the wii, I don't think backing out or rage quiting would make it do that, at night always seems to be the worst for lost connection to host issues for me. Also I wonder what has changed between this game and the others to make such a dreaded problem with corrupted data and losing your profile, though law and irons are still there and in the barraks, so this might be able to get reversed somehow, not likely but I think I'd keep the profile for a bit to see.

johnboy
11-12-2011, 12:01 PM
It may be worth you guys doing what powder did and creating a couple of profiles, then we can add both codes to the list. Or at least until they get this fixed.

Iron67
11-12-2011, 12:43 PM
dont make any difference JB
i had an account and so did my son
we both had done a couple of missions on SP and the whole lot was gone , it was like id just got it out of the box for the first time

though law and irons are still there and in the barraks

really ,you can still see our old accounts

johnboy
11-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Sounds like they are working on a fix for it.

BirdDawg
11-15-2011, 11:13 AM
just happened to me also. Level 65 all gone. One thing I noticed that was different about the freeze is that this time I had a buzzing noise when I lost my data, versus the freezes with no buzzing noise where I didn't lose my data. Ughhhh

Iron67
11-15-2011, 01:37 PM
did you not try leaving it for a bit .
i cant find it now but im sure i read on here that some guy left his and it eventually kicked back in

but mate i really feel for ya , with me i was only lvl 15 , Law was a bit worse off than me with lvl 25 .. but lvl 65 that must have felt like a kick in the nuts

Iron67
11-16-2011, 02:21 AM
ive just had a thought , what if you have a SD card in your Wii and saved it to that ,would it still be on there if you got frozen
or you could save your data to it , then remove it while playing , then after every unfrozen game you could put it back in ,save and remove :pray:
when i get home i think im going to try it

Danbo
11-16-2011, 07:51 AM
ive just had a thought , what if you have a SD card in your Wii and saved it to that ,would it still be on there if you got frozen
or you could save your data to it , then remove it while playing , then after every unfrozen game you could put it back in ,save and remove :pray:

I think it will work, however, by default, the wii blocks this. I think you need Priiloader to have that work. I have been backing up my file for 2 days now...but I haven't frozen up a second time to test the restore...

Iron67
11-16-2011, 01:03 PM

I think it will work, however, by default, the wii blocks this. I think you need Priiloader to have that work. I have been backing up my file for 2 days now...but I haven't frozen up a second time to test the restore...

im not sure what a priiloader is but i thought thats what the idea of having an SD slot so you can save stuff
anyway i will give it a shot and see what happens

Danbo
11-16-2011, 02:02 PM

im not sure what a priiloader is but i thought thats what the idea of having an SD slot so you can save stuff

Yeah I know, but with online profiles...permitting such a backup would allow things that aren't wanted from a programming stand point. They make it so you can't back it up. With games which don't use the wifi connection, you can always back your stuff up.

Borlaxx
11-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Yeah I know, but with online profiles...permitting such a backup would allow things that aren't wanted from a programming stand point. They make it so you can't back it up. With games which don't use the wifi connection, you can always back your stuff up.
At least on the PS3, your online profile is not even saved on your system. It is saved on their servers, so you can't back it up because it isn't on your hard drive. The only info saved on your system are your options preferences and your single player game save data. Not sure about the wii.

Mutt
11-16-2011, 04:34 PM

The reason why Nintendo prevents moving your save data from the system to an SD card is so you cannot just give the save file to a friend. Priiloader sounds like Homebrew. I'm at work right now, but I think the only thing that you can move from the system to your SD card are channels?

Did the other 2 CoDs have such a severe issue when it was launched? Can Treyarch truly fixed this on the server side? There's no DLC or patches for Wii games, so it can't be fixed that way.

Is MW3 forever broken and is it worth picking up? Should I just get BOPS?

Iron67
11-16-2011, 06:28 PM
im not sure about reflex because i go that mths after its release
i dont think there was an issue with Blops though , i got that about a week after its release date and ive never had any problems with it

"There's no DLC or patches for Wii games, so it can't be fixed that way."

i heard people talking about patches for it on the wii
and i remember a couple of times on reflex the game was up-dated

regarding the SD card ,i see what you mean now ,i didnt think of that and if it is forever broken its going to fall the shelf real quick which is a shame because i actually think they have gone that extras mile for wii players .

@ Borlaxx i think you can safely say that the wii is still very much in the dark ages as far online gaming is concerned compared to the 360 and the PS3

BusySignal
11-16-2011, 06:32 PM
There have been updates to BOps as well so I would think that a fix can happen the question in my mind is how long until then.

black powder
11-16-2011, 06:34 PM
http://youtu.be/rBjmh5elxmE

A Dazran vid, about freezing and losing profiles. Some decent comments below the vid regarding conboys use of XP HACKER lobbies. I felt the same when he said he used the xp lobbies. Enough ranting about a good commentator and his tactics. Dazran is solid, no XP lobby :applause:

Iron67
11-16-2011, 06:55 PM
i agree with that guy on all that he said
and im seriously thinking about taking his advice and just go do the campaign first and hope for a fix before im finished like i said before , this is the first time on a COD game that ive jumped straight on line without completing the SP mode but saying that i never had you guys until blops :hug:
im still a big fan of Blops too so if this keeps happening and they dont fix it , Irons go back to the 60's :peace:

black powder
11-17-2011, 12:42 AM
I agree too iron, but you just missed some kick butt games with danbo, sheep dog, thumper and echo battery....I was about to shut her down for the night and definately glad I stayed on as I haven't gamed with MP's for a couple days :((

Iron67
11-19-2011, 08:04 AM
My game has just been up-dated , not sure if its the fix that we are all waiting for but i gingerly weny on line for a couple of rounds and it ran quite smooth
the only issue i seemed to keep having though was every time i spawned , i had real problems turning and aiming left for a few seconds
thought it might have been my sensor bar so i gave that a clean to no joy , also checked my batteries but that was not an issue either

does anyone have any intel on the up-date ?

Mutt
11-19-2011, 10:10 AM
Was turning left and right an issue for you throughout your games? I seem to have the same issue. I'll turn either way and it feels like it stalls for a second and I have to sway the controller a second time. I've calibrated everything and I thought it was the batteries too. It's frustrating as hell.

Iron67
11-19-2011, 11:17 AM
yep thats the one m8 , earlier it was just for a few seconds after i spawned but ive just finished a few games with some of the guy (GG'S chaps) and it got so bad i quit off :(

Mutt
11-19-2011, 11:30 AM
yep thats the one m8 , earlier it was just for a few seconds after i spawned but ive just finished a few games with some of the guy (GG'S chaps) and it got so bad i quit off :(

It's good to know I am not the only one. It's been driving me nuts since I got the game on Thursday! I hope they patch as well.

Iron67
11-19-2011, 12:36 PM
lol yeah its always reassuring when someone else is having the same issue or you sit there thinking .."oh crap is my system breaking down" :-ss

Mutt
11-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Agreed! I was pulling my hair! I just came off of MWR and the controls don't have an issue like that. I was kept going into the control options during MP to tweak the settings and could't fix it.

Iron67
11-19-2011, 01:23 PM
did you or have you had an automatic up-date in the last 24 hrs
i can find anywhere where it says if it was the fix or not

Mutt
11-19-2011, 03:19 PM
did you or have you had an automatic up-date in the last 24 hrs
i can find anywhere where it says if it was the fix or not

I downloaded the first update when I first started the game on Thursday and haven't been asked to download another update since. I did find a megathread over the COD Wii forums mentioning the gun movement though.

http://www.callofduty.com/thread/100570 ... 0&tstart=0 (http://www.callofduty.com/thread/100570650?start=90&tstart=0)

90. Nov 16, 2011 10:36 PM (in response to RustyMaggots)
Re: Mw3 Wii Glitch/Bug Report MEGATHREAD *UPDATED* 11/15/11

1. Lagshooting/Hit detection.

2. Framerate(if possible)

3. Grenade's and other explosives need to be bumped up in power, and radias. . There's times where my grenade kills no one, or only one person when it should of killed two.

4. Base movement, and sprint movement need to be nerfed a bit. People run away out of range of your bullets(Or completely out of the way making it almost impossible to hit a moving person.), and grenades way too fast. Or run away, and completely disappear.

5. Gun movement not following the Wiimotes glitch.

6. Why are there so many obsacles you can't climb over in obvious places, or have the action appear?

7.File Corruption.

8. Character animations and death animations. When you die, you fall or crumble in a glitchy looking way most of the time.

9. Hit detection sound. You can barely hear it!

10. The Knife's range needs to be amplified. Its like trying to hitting a moving target with a needle.

11. People shooting and not poping up on the radar(without silencer.)

That's what I think needs to be fixed so far.

Mutt
11-19-2011, 06:05 PM
@Iron67 I found a YouTube vid Aim/Gun glitch via this detailed BOPS thread. This is exactly what I'm experiencing on my controller. I was thinking of using my CCP, but it's slower than the Wii Remote and the it's inferior to be honest.

http://www.callofduty.com/thread/100417159?tstart=0

[yt:9ts1ej9y]8xtUKhntJpM[/yt:9ts1ej9y]

Has anyone else had there controls go wacky on them? This seems to have been happening to me a bit lately, but the last few matchs were unplayable.

This is what happened.

For the last week or so (possibly after the patch) I have noticed that my transition from hip to ADS has been resulting in my cursor going way off target. This also happens when throwing grenades (any type). I thought it might be a control setting issue, so for the last week I have been trying to tune them a little different. The last three matches I just played were way worse. It started off as if the cursor was pulling to one side or the other. The next game, it seemed to do it a little more (I was host these games, as well as 4 or 5 before) at which point, my Wii froze. (this is the third time since release that I have froze, first since the patch).

I restarted, got into another match with some clan mates, and about two minutes into the match, the controls were really really messed up. I try to go one way, and the curser would spaz out across the screen in the other direction. I try to run straight, I end up turning into a wall, Even if I left the controls alone without touching them, it would turn on its own all over the place.

I thought maybe the remote was bad, so I swapped it out with another, and it did the exact same thing. The game was virtually unplayable. Funny thing though, when I ADS, it seems I had proper control, it was only when at the hip that this was happening.

A clan mate said he had something similar happen to him last week. Does this sound like a problem you have experienced?

I have noticed since the patch I seem to be struggling to get the scores I normally get, but just assumed the players were getting better, or I was just off. I am starting to wonder now if there is in fact an issue with the controls...

Update #1

-------------------------------

Just to be clear, I have explained three different issues in this thread which may or may not all be related.

#1 Unstable controls, to the point where you cannot control which direction you move your pointer. This has only happened to me in the one time frame while hosting (on Grid) it only did it a couple times during the match, but it was noticeable. Again on Jungle (while hosting), again, not as noticeable, and in this match, my Wii froze. Then, after rebooting, the first match I got into on Havana (not hosting) shortly after the match started, the cursor would move so erratic that I could not control where I was aiming or turning. I am willing to put this down as a one time thing, as it has never happened to me before, and it has not happened to me since.

#2 Hip to ADS inaccuracies. This may very well just be in my head, but it does seem that When you ADS, your cursor does not go to the same place. It seems more so to present itself while tracking an enemy across the screen, and then going to ADS. It appears as though you do not ADS where you should. I am also willing to admit that it is just in my head, and that it is not a real issue. I am trying to get some kind of video evidence, or better yet, a way to show people how to reproduce what I am experiencing. I will continue to work on that.

#3 As shown in this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9tbWvyx82o , (which I admit is not the best example) the end of your gun does not always track right with your pointer on screen. When working properly, you should be able to move your cursor all the way to the right left top or bottom and the end of your gun should pretty much follow it. As you can see in the video, the end of the gun only moves slightly, and also, I notice the butt of the gun moves more. It is almost as if it is displaying the way it would with the CCP being used instead of the Wiimote. Anyone who has used both, knows there is a clear difference in how the gun moves on your screen between the two.

For those interested, I always use the Wii mote, with bravo controls, w@w sniping option, inventory button for weapon pickup, and gestures off. Control options are pretty much the default professional layout, with the sensitivity turned down to 12-16 for all options. dead zones, camera speeds, etc.. are all only one or two away from that default.

----------------------------------

UPDATE #2

I have a much better clip of Issue #3. It clearly shows the glitch happening beginning from spawn, and fixing itself at some point (around 1:30) throughout that spawn.

Heres the vid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xtUKhntJpM

Again, I realize this is more of a cosmetic thing, but it gets very distracting, as normally, I have a very small reticle, and use my gun position to judge where I am shooting.

-------------------------------

UPDATE #3

Got a new vid of issue #3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkR8zvuYoRU

It only stated for me after changing my deadzones (although normally it dont matter what my deadzones are). If you watch closely, you can see the framerate glitch as it happens about 4 times in under a minute.

--------------------------------

UPDATE #4

Well, I have not had alot of time to play recently, but I think I have figured out why I have been having trouble aiming lately. While I have not been experiencing the increased lag and framerate drops that some other people have been experiencing since the patch, what I have noticed since the patch is that I am experiencing very subtle, momentary freezing. I find this occurs quite often during the match, and the freeze only occurs for a split second at a time, but it is long enough for the reticle to not move when I expect it too.

For example, if the target is crossing my screen from left to right, and begin to track and ADS, from left to right, many times I will get this momentary freeze as I am moving the reticle to follow the target. The result is me always over shooting the target ( i assume because the movements are still being registered by the game, but take a split second to catch up after the freeze), and then having to track back to get on target.

As I said, the freeze is very subtle, but is there enough for cause just a slight hiccup in the control movement. It is pretty much the same hiccup that you could see int he video I posted above. Granted though, it is very difficult to see it int he vid, unless you were the one behind the controls. I have found the best was so far to compensate for this is to increase my ADS deadzones, and use the camera lock more when aiming. So far, it seems to be working for me.

------------------------------------------

UPDATE #5

Well, as some of you may know, I took a break from playing for a while to see if it was just me, or what. I stopped playing for 12 days, and picked the game back up tonight. It is just as bad as it was before. I really know know what the problem is, only that it was noticeable immediately after the last patch. So I dont know of something in the control scheme was adjusted, or if it was the improvements attempted for the frame rates, but one of those two things is what is throwing me off.

Pre patch, I could consistently get a 4.0 kdr, and now I am having trouble just breaking even. I may be putting the game down until the next patch, as no matter what I seem to do with my settings, it is just not right.

------------------------------------------

UPDATE #6

This will be my final update to this thread.

After speaking taking some advice, I tried playing MWR to see if the control issue showed up in that game as well. The controls in Reflex were fine, so I decided to copy my settings from that game and apply them to BO. Very first match I played, I went 30-15. It seemed that I had fixed whatever problem I had, and was good to go.

However, next day, I play again, and am back to the same aiming problems I had before. It is at this time I realize exactly what has been causing me the problems. I have mentioned before about the cursor being unsynchronized with the gun, and also about slight frame rate freezing/drops. Both of these things are something I did not experience at all in the first game I played after reseting my controls, but were very noticeable in games I played after that.

I know alot of people complained about lag being worse after the patch, but I dont believe it is lag they are talking about, rather, I believe it is this frame rate freezing/dropping that people have been describing. In the rare time I play a game that this does not happen at all, I have a great match. When I do experience this, which is most of the time, It takes all I can do just to go even.

I still have not seen a instance where I can say I see a correlation to the frame rate problem and anything else in the game, but I am now 100% certain that this is the reason I have been having trouble since the patch.

black powder
11-19-2011, 07:13 PM
I only watched a bit of that first vid and that is some messed up crap, I'd like to blame that on my mw3 play since the patch...kdr from 1.96 to 1.60- already both profiles were 1.9+ now 1.6 or worse now. I hate the patch, love not losing profiles though :((

Mutt
11-20-2011, 03:01 AM
Well I logged in tonight for 2 or 3 matches and didn't get the Wii Remote freezing so that was nice for a change. Didn't help my KDR though, lol.

Mutt
11-21-2011, 12:35 PM
I started a thread over at the Call of Duty forums in the hopes Treyarch sees it and fixes the remote issue in the next patch. http://community.callofduty.com/thread/100577449

Mutt
11-21-2011, 02:35 PM
@Iron67 Something just came to mind. I'm using the Wii motion plus. Are you using Wii motion plus? Maybe that's the reason not everyone is affected with the Wii remote sticking?

Iron67
11-21-2011, 06:34 PM
im not sure what the Wii motion plus is
ive never added anything so dont know ....what is it lol

Mutt
11-21-2011, 07:05 PM
It's supposed to be more dynamic and sensitive with motion controls. When it 1st came out, it was an attachment you added at the end of you Wii remote, where the nun-chuk plugs in. It's mostly used in games like Tiger Woods golf. The newer Wii remotes have it built in, they're lomger than the old Wii remoted. It will also say Wii Motion Plus by the bottom of the speaker. I'm going to pull my old controller and see if that makes a difference tonight.

black powder
11-22-2011, 01:06 AM
I'm using old almost 4 yr old wii mote and nunchcuks, no motion plus here but the nunchuck is in bad shape along with the zapper as when I can't run fast enough I just push harder on the nunchuck, but no LUCK yet, maybe tomorrow I'll run faster =))

Mutt
11-22-2011, 01:48 AM
I used my older one without Wii Motion Plus tonight and so far it hasn't stuck or froze. I'll give it a couple more nights and if it doesn't stick then that's the issue.

Iron67
11-22-2011, 10:04 AM
ahh i see well im using an old version .prolly about the same ages as BP's
ive just got a couple of things to do around the house and im going to try and load up and get a few rounds in ,see what happens

Mutt
11-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Check the very bottom of the remote and see if it says "with Wii Motion Plus" I used my non plus remote and it was fine in every match last night, knock on wood though.

Danbo
11-23-2011, 09:57 AM
Sorry I haven't been on in a few nights! I have this VMWare course in Montreal this week. But my gf came to see me last night with my daughter and brought the Wii along. I should be on for a few rounds tonight! I'm really grumpy without my MW3 fix these days!

Mutt
11-25-2011, 05:22 PM
My two cents on the Wii remote freezing. The issue is a lot more aggravating on my newer Wii Remote w/ Wii Motion Plus. It's happens in almost every match that I play. Playing with my older remote that doesn't have a Wii Motion Plus attachment or built in, it happens infrequently. I've had it happen in a couple of matches and that's it. When it happens I simply disconnect/connect the nunchuk and the it goes back to normal, meaning the camera is following the gun. Hopefully this gets fixed in a future patch.

black powder
11-25-2011, 06:24 PM
I too notice some issues usually looking straight up or down usually and am completely lost when I respawn, I'm using to old remote and nunchuk not wii motion plus, it is annoying, I am starting to get used to it, but don't like it, getting stuck in a room or a corner of the map just to get spawn killed instantly cause I can't and don't know how to get out is very frustrating, sometimes I spin around 3-4 times till I know where I'm at and even see a door to escape out of 8-}