PDA

View Full Version : don't stress the large crowd of MPeeps.

Wildbill
11-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Ok my friends list is huge.
I can't join everybody.
I can't get everyone in one xbox live party.

This is what I'm hearing from peeps playing battlefield and it's stressing some folks out big time. :-?

I just want to say "Don't worry, be happy" :hug:

Noone should feel it's there responsability to get every MP in evary game or party. That's too much presurre for any person to deal with while trying to have fun playing a game.

Ok new Mpeeps... start speaking up... if you are alone join on a party and let someone or everyone know. We will drop out of squads and form new ones. :cheers:

also maybe limiting the Xbox party to the game were playing. So join someone in the game your currently in. or the squad your in. :D

This game is great and I like playing with My Mpeeps, I just don't want everyone stressing about leaving someone out. Do your best to be helpful.(more than Joe Peterno) and everyone will feel welcome.

This is new to all of us(having a million Mp's playing the same game) I think were doing a good job including everyone we can. :cheers:

No More stressing plaese :D

See ya on the battlefield :applause:

Harshfence
11-11-2011, 10:37 AM
I agree Wildbill.
When I start up BF3, I join a game on another MP in my friend's list.
If I am in a game, I try to find a squad with another MP.
If I cannot, I will just keep playing and eventually I will get into a squad with some MPs. :)

It is not a big deal. Just play the game and have fun as Wildbill says. But, if you need a squad, join the MP party containing some members in your game and ask to squad up. That should be sufficient to at least get someone to join with you.

Heck, I am getting into games with MPs that I didn't know were MPs. LOL
I am seeing up to 30+ friends online at a time which is crazy!

Have fun...

Wildbill
11-11-2011, 10:49 AM
I agree Wildbill.
If I cannot, I will just keep playing and eventually I will get into a squad with some MPs. :)

It is not a big deal. Just play the game and have fun as Wildbill says. But, if you need a squad, join the MP party containing some members in your game and ask to squad up. That should be sufficient to at least get someone to join with you.

Have fun...

Yea I have 1 friend on my list who isn't MP and the games are full. this is awesome!!! :cheers: :cheers:

Oh and the new people are really cool and good players. i'd say we got really lucky with our new recuits. :applause: :applause: :applause:

Harshfence
11-11-2011, 11:25 AM
I agree Wildbill.

Have fun...

Yea I have 1 friend on my list who isn't MP and the games are full. this is awesome!!! :cheers: :cheers:

Oh and the new people are really cool and good players. i'd say we got really lucky with our new recuits. :applause: :applause: :applause:

I agree 100%. They are cool and very good. :D

sniperella
11-11-2011, 02:02 PM
Okay, one extra thing that WildBill didn't mention, don't be afraid to send out party invites if it appears no one is in a party or the party is full. start a new party, send out some invites, someone will join you, even if it is just to say, hey the other party is full, but I'll run with you so you have someone to chat with. Or even send out a message asking if everyone is in a party or has room. We don't want anyone feeling left out, but my friend list is also full, so I can't add anyone else! This way you can at least join up with us somehow. I don't have my stuff set to private, so you can find me! I'm usually the party whore and will jump from party to party just to make sure everyone has a buddy! If no one responds to your invite, send out a couple of messages and say, hey, I'm all by myself (it helps if you sing this line in your most nasal and whiny voice) and ask if someone will join you! Trust me, someone will join you just to make you stop singing, or at least, that has been my experience. If this fails, ask Daylite, my all time best strategy was when Drunkerella basically joined the party and demanded that someone join her effing squad immediately!! ;)

DayliteMag
11-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Yeah that was my all time fav Drunkerella moment. She was in fine form.

I will throw out another suggestion for consideration. And its just a suggestion. When we have a night with lots of MPs in the same game it might be an idea to have separate parties for each squad. The reason I say this is that I have noticed that we seem to win more games when there are fewer of us playing. When there's 8 or more for whatever reason we seem to do worse. The only reason I can think of is that when we have 8 people in a XBL party it can get confusing, so maybe if we had squad specific parties it might help. Of course, when its DFM (Drunken Fat MPeeps) then all bets are off cuz at that point its more about the laughs than winning.

CELockwood
11-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Yeah that was my all time fav Drunkerella moment. She was in fine form.

I will throw out another suggestion for consideration. And its just a suggestion. When we have a night with lots of MPs in the same game it might be an idea to have separate parties for each squad. The reason I say this is that I have noticed that we seem to win more games when there are fewer of us playing. When there's 8 or more for whatever reason we seem to do worse. The only reason I can think of is that when we have 8 people in a XBL party it can get confusing, so maybe if we had squad specific parties it might help. Of course, when its DFM (Drunken Fat MPeeps) then all bets are off cuz at that point its more about the laughs than winning.

I think this is probably true, though it's just not as much fun, especially on the weekends. When I want to chat squad only, I typically just stay out of a party.

Now that BF3 has brought us squad names, perhaps we could start using those when in an 8 party chat when wanting to talk only to our squad (i.e. echo squad, two guys on the left behind the container next to Lockwood's dead body).

sam007
11-11-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only feeling like this.

With all this BS going on lately on the PS3 side, its ruined the fun, making sure no one is running solo. I've always viewed it as if you're the 5th wheel, tough, wait it out, either more MP's will show up or run solo on the same team.

Heck I even sent an invite to a couple and one replied, "don't want to leave XXX alone" Next thing you know XXX is in the same squad as me and glad that X made it over as well.

Wildbill
11-11-2011, 04:55 PM
I love to audio spy when I'm on the op4 :D

I like the 4 nan or team chat idea. no spying here. :D

kingroadkiller
11-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Sorry im late to the party but here my .02 in a perfect world wherr all have joined battlelog mp platoon. We are hurting our stats playing mp vs mp games. From now own if i ever get out of th e.hospital im gonna start a party. And limit it to 4. hopefully runtwo medics assault and engineer that an awesome setup.

Retro
11-12-2011, 12:30 AM
Stats mean nothing. I also don't think limiting people in a party will go over very well around here, people will start to feel excluded.

That said I'm done with the game until they put in an actual HC mode.

Back to the race track, Forza 4 baby, G.O.T.Y!!!

Wildbill
11-12-2011, 07:22 AM
Stats mean nothing. I also don't think limiting people in a party will go over very well around here, people will start to feel excluded.

That said I'm done with the game until they put in an actual HC mode.

Back to the race track, Forza 4 baby, G.O.T.Y!!!

There are good hardcore servers retro....You just have to find them.

Check the servers and check out the rules of the server. we have found some "real" hardcore servers and some that still have killcams. :(

LandShark
11-12-2011, 08:45 AM
What i love about Team MP is that we are afraid and get stressed that we are excluding or possibly making someone, especially FNGs, feel left out. As long as we dont go out of our way to exclude anyone, dont worry about it. Join on games/parties you wanna join in on and relax have a great time! :cheers:

If anyone feels slighted, let me know and i will try and make it right if i can.

@Alpha, the best part is when you say "Alpha is going down" then hear"uh, noone is at alpha :-" "

@retro, some of the HC servers dont have the mini map and killcams enabled. I dont know how, but they can be "customized".

@ KIng, Most MPs dont bother with their stats and actually enjoy, not all the time, playing against other MPs. For one, you know your going to get an honest game vs MPs. Two, some love hearing, "you and your damn claymores". Theres nothing wrong with wanting and trying to get good stats, just know its not priority to most.

Retro
11-12-2011, 08:47 AM
I've played on some of the servers that don't have killcams. I have not found any that play HC like BC2. They all seem worse than "Normal" when it comes to how many shots it takes to bring someone down.

The game overall is excellent, I'm just not enjoying it. Something just seems "off". Think I might try jumping back into some BC2 tonight although it might be I'm just sick of shooters.

LandShark
11-12-2011, 08:55 AM
I've played on some of the servers that don't have killcams. I have not found any that play HC like BC2. They all seem worse than "Normal" when it comes to how many shots it takes to bring someone down.

The game overall is excellent, I'm just not enjoying it. Something just seems "off". Think I might try jumping back into some BC2 tonight although it might be I'm just sick of shooters.
i hear what your sayin, a true hardcore with more damage, less health, no cams, and no maps would be preferred

ProfUnderDog
11-12-2011, 09:10 AM

I understand what you are saying Retro. I like the game a lot, and last night we were on a server that allowed squad spawning so that was better. But, I would say that it just doesn't feel fresh. Obviously, it offers new challenges in the game itself, but it is still the same game. That being said, I'll play whatever game my friends are playing, and retro if we can race in forza, I'll pick that up as well.

dustin
11-12-2011, 09:13 AM
did someone say BC2.... :-? ... man i miss that game for some reason. Don't get me wrong, I love the new game with new unlocks and such, it's like retro said there is something off about it idk just what it is.

kingroadkiller
11-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Def not trying to exclude people but its way easier if u only have.three other squad mates. Example operation metro. Playing rush. Four man team one medic up front engineer medic assault. Medic enters first sees contact left shoot hits but gets killed. Engineer finishes the job. Second medic revives assault refills ammo. Some sets mcom and both teamd watch doors. Squads like these dominate.

kingroadkiller
11-12-2011, 10:46 AM
Ive played against teams like this. They are killers. Another reason for four man squads is learning to work togeather. If possible two mp 4 man squads would work but confusion could happen. this is just how me and my friends pkayed bc2 and we where un stopable.

MrBlitzer72
11-12-2011, 11:11 AM
did someone say BC2.... :-? ... man i miss that game for some reason. Don't get me wrong, I love the new game with new unlocks and such, it's like retro said there is something off about it idk just what it is.

I miss BC2 as well. I think that DICE tried to make a few of these new maps more appealing to the "run and gunners". I personally have been playing all the Battlefield series games for as long as I can remember, and the one thing I always loved about DICE, is that his maps were freaken huge! From a marketing standpoint, its more lucrative for DICE if they make a game that brings both sides of gameplay. It takes some getting used to for sure, but I think overall, its a good product. Sniping is much more difficult, which forces everyone into action. Im sure DICE has much more to come as far as BF3 is concerned. And based on the initial reviews i've heard about MW3, i think he's done a good job, and proven his point about who makes the best FPS! See you all on the field!

~Blitz :cheers:

MrBlitzer72
11-12-2011, 11:18 AM
What i love about Team MP is that we are afraid and get stressed that we are excluding or possibly making someone, especially FNGs, feel left out. As long as we dont go out of our way to exclude anyone, dont worry about it. Join on games/parties you wanna join in on and relax have a great time! :cheers:

If anyone feels slighted, let me know and i will try and make it right if i can.

@Alpha, the best part is when you say "Alpha is going down" then hear"uh, noone is at alpha :-" "

@retro, some of the HC servers dont have the mini map and killcams enabled. I dont know how, but they can be "customized".

@ KIng, Most MPs dont bother with their stats and actually enjoy, not all the time, playing against other MPs. For one, you know your going to get an honest game vs MPs. Two, some love hearing, "you and your damn claymores". Theres nothing wrong with wanting and trying to get good stats, just know its not priority to most.

Very good points Landshark! I personally think that if there are MP's on the other side, they should definately make their own party IF they plan on staying on the other side. One of the best aspects of the game is being able to use tactical approaches to take objectives, and if one side is trying to plan out tactics, and you have 3 or four on the other side that are in the party listening, then chances are, you will have some MP's waiting for ya when ya get there! I've seen in happen :p . I know we all strive to get onto one side, but some like to play MP on MP as well. Just my thoughts...

~Blitz

Compact_SEAL
11-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Uh, just want to say I have had great times with everyone so far and see many hours of great times to come. I think even though some of us have been on OpFor yet still on party chat, it is okay because like killcam, I have to keep moving around. Not neccessarily running and gunning, but moving around. I also like that the MP players seem to spawn on the squad regularly and work together fairly well.

Sckrapps
11-12-2011, 06:08 PM
I hear what Retro is saying - somehow BF3 doesn't have the same feel as BFBC2. Maybe it never will since they are two "different" lines of the Battlefield family, idk. I'm not enjoying it as much, but its still fun.

I'm also trying to remember back to when I got BFBC2 and was still learning all the new maps, new weapons, and constantly getting pwned. I'm still there with BF3 - I've logged 12 hours of MP now and still ran into some brand new maps last night. The learning curve is pretty steep, and hopefully once it starts to flatten out a little the game will become a little more fun.

ProfUnderDog
11-12-2011, 06:44 PM
I was talking about this with Lockwood today. Since we have been playing BC2 for so long, most of us have forgotten many of the initial frustrations with that game as well; learning new maps, being pwned by people who have unlocked a more deadly assortment of weapons; game play issues. By the end, we had all unlocked everything and knew the maps like the back of our hand which meant we could just focus on playing, and EA had fixed the game play issues. Anyway, to tell you all the truth the best part of the new game for me is the fact that so many people are playing it again. In addition to playing with the steady MP crew, it's been great playing with Blitzer, Skrapps, BigDaddy, folks who got tired of BC2, and it's been great playing with all of the new folks.

LandShark
11-12-2011, 06:53 PM
yup, its as much gaming with a great group than the game itself.

sniperella
11-13-2011, 09:41 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only feeling like this.

With all this BS going on lately on the PS3 side, its ruined the fun, making sure no one is running solo. I've always viewed it as if you're the 5th wheel, tough, wait it out, either more MP's will show up or run solo on the same team.

Heck I even sent an invite to a couple and one replied, "don't want to leave XXX alone" Next thing you know XXX is in the same squad as me and glad that X made it over as well.

We still never let anyone run solo. I just disagree with doing that at all. Especially if it is because of stats, no one on our side worries more about their stats, than everyone having a teammate or squad mate and having fun. We have fun win or lose, live or die. It isn't about the points to me, it is about the friendships and having fun. I also don't pick and chose who joins my squad based on skill level or k/d ratios. Sometimes I luck out and get into a squad with Blitz or UnderDog, other nights I get in with Dustin (you know I love you, Dustin), and we have a good ole drunken time! Either way, I have fun!

I don't mind being in parties of 4, I don't like the squad chat because it tends to be flaky at best. I want to be able to coordinate and play the game and win, and it is hard to do with MPs listening in on the other side! However, sometimes that can make it more fun. If we want to play more serious rounds, just say it, and we will break the party up by squad. Just don't leave anyone out, that's all I worry about! ;)

CELockwood
11-13-2011, 10:39 AM
I hear what Retro is saying - somehow BF3 doesn't have the same feel as BFBC2. Maybe it never will since they are two "different" lines of the Battlefield family, idk. I'm not enjoying it as much, but its still fun.

I'm also trying to remember back to when I got BFBC2 and was still learning all the new maps, new weapons, and constantly getting pwned. I'm still there with BF3 - I've logged 12 hours of MP now and still ran into some brand new maps last night. The learning curve is pretty steep, and hopefully once it starts to flatten out a little the game will become a little more fun.

I've been trying to put my finger on this lately as well. I like the game and it's growing on me, but it hasn't grabbed me yet the way BC2 did. Part of it may be my memory, like Underdog said, I've forgotten the early frustrations of BC2.

I do wish there were more destruction. It's just not there in this game like it was in BC2. Yes they've added some of the falling rubble, but in general the environment isn't nearly as interactive as BC2, which seems weird to me, like they took a step backwards. Heck, I was just trying to mow some trees down (to improve my view) with the AA gun yesterday and they wouldn't budge. I think I've seen one collapsed building. I haven't tried any deforestation like we used to use in BC2 rush, but I'm guessing it won't work.

The other thing that's really bugging me right now is HC mode. Only spawning on the squad leader is really, really annoying. Squad leader decides to fly a jet, or even gets in a tank with someone else and your stuck spawning in the base or a captured flag, even if you've got squadmates somewhere else.

On the plus side, the depth of the unlocks and some of the teamwork required to use them effectively is amazing. That could keep me occupied for long time.

MrBlitzer72
11-13-2011, 12:15 PM
@Lockwood...it was great playin on the field with you yesterday again man, seems like you are having no problem getting the hang of it. I remember you at the top of the leaderboards more than once last night! :applause:

As far as the difference in BC2 and BF3, there are goods and bads to both I guess. Like i posted before, I think that DICE made these close quarters maps to try to appeal to the MW peeps, and I think its good marketing strategy. BUT, it also brings a whole new run and gun atmosphere to the game. BC2 definately has the market cornered on map sizes. Thats what i miss the most, the huge maps that made that game huge!

I've played alot of DICE games like BF2, Battlefield 2142 on the PC, and I have to honestly say that this is the first DICE game that has close quarters maps like Grand Bazaar and Seine Crossing. Even Tehran Highway is a little close. We will all get used to it, and to be honest, when we have a whole side of mostly mp's...we are unstoppable! Good Times! :cheers:

~Blitz

ProfUnderDog
11-13-2011, 03:13 PM
My guess is the new map pack will add a lot of larger maps. @Lockwood: I agree with you on the destructibility. You can't even blow open the garage doors!

CELockwood
11-13-2011, 06:32 PM
@Lockwood...it was great playin on the field with you yesterday again man, seems like you are having no problem getting the hang of it. I remember you at the top of the leaderboards more than once last night! :applause:

~Blitz

Thanks for that, though I think I'm at the bottom as much as the top. Never in the middle. :-?

Don't get me wrong, I like some of the close quarters combat and run-n-gun. Heck, Toxic, Skrapps, and I got tired of being rolled by the MP"s last night and switched over to TDM for a while. Didn't think I'd like that mode, but it's a nice change of pace sometimes (especially when the MP's are killing you every 30 seconds).

Toxic Avenger72
11-13-2011, 08:28 PM
Heck, Toxic, Skrapps, and I got tired of being rolled by the MP"s last night and switched over to TDM for a while. Didn't think I'd like that mode, but it's a nice change of pace sometimes (especially when the MP's are killing you every 30 seconds).

yep, the only annoying thing about tdm is that you have to spawn in a random spot and not on your squad.

Wildbill
11-14-2011, 08:15 AM
Heck, Toxic, Skrapps, and I got tired of being rolled by the MP"s last night and switched over to TDM for a while. Didn't think I'd like that mode, but it's a nice change of pace sometimes (especially when the MP's are killing you every 30 seconds).

yep, the only annoying thing about tdm is that you have to spawn in a random spot and not on your squad.
Squad death match you can spawn on your squad.

Just sayin. :D

CELockwood
11-14-2011, 08:58 AM

Squad death match you can spawn on your squad.

Just sayin. :D

Yeah, but we didn't have a tdm mode in BC2, so this is something new (for me at least). It plays a little different than sdm. I don't quite understand the rationale for not spawning on your squad in tdm, either.

Sckrapps
11-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like some of the close quarters combat and run-n-gun. Heck, Toxic, Skrapps, and I got tired of being rolled by the MP"s last night and switched over to TDM for a while. Didn't think I'd like that mode, but it's a nice change of pace sometimes (especially when the MP's are killing you every 30 seconds).

Yep, I really enjoyed playing TDM with you guys. Tried it again last night with some randoms and it wasn't the same. Even if you can't spawn on each other you can still say "hey, just saw an enemy in your neighborhood" etc. But yeah, the spawning system is more than a little weird. It will spawn enemies so close to you that its made me really paranoid. You basically just have to sprint everywhere, because stopping means dying.

I think the thing I liked about it was just a change of pace. #1 from not getting massacred by other MPs, but more importantly, #2 you could play a whole game in 6 or 7 minutes. When you suck air like I've been doing lately some of these 20 minute conquest matches hurt a little. You go 5-10 with 1100 points and it takes 20 minutes and you feel like you're treading water. With TDM you can go 5-10 with your 1000 points in like 5 minutes and you're on to the next. L-) It also helps rank up more quickly, which was nice since I've been trying to unlock some more advanced weapons.

I definitely wouldn't want it all the time, but it seems like a nice change of pace.