PDA

View Full Version : Weapons, attachments and proficiencies...what works for you?

Psalm
11-16-2011, 12:09 PM
Due to the huge choices you have with weapons and attachments and proficiencies, it thought it a good idea to start a thread discussing what works and what doesn't
Feel free to discuss perks that help as well

A few thoughts that I had...
The PP90M1 seems to be the best Subby in the bunch ( I haven't unlocked the MP-7 yet) but, throw on a silencer, kick and a steady aim. and it can't miss hip firing.. I have tried dual attachments with extended mags (138 rounds before reloading!!!!) and silencer and you can get 4 to 5 kills before reloading.
I think that hip firing is the best that its been in game since W@W
Also, I went thru and did all challenges for this weapon and found that the Thermal scope is oddly a good attachment when coupled with Kick.
it has almost no recoil and works very well
Overall. I think the thermal scopes are better in MW3 then in previous COD games.

more later...

SmokeyCheese1
11-16-2011, 12:35 PM
For sniping I like to use Overkill with the G36c as my second primary with Sleight of Hand and Marksman for locating enemies at long distances. I usually defend my position with a betty or claymore but it seems like people just run through them all the time.

For small map (hardhat) running and gunning I usually rock the UMP or P90 with Kick and red dots. Then I'll use sleight of hand, quick draw, and steady aim.
For medium map running and gunning I'll go with Scar, M4, ACR with ACOG and either kick or impact. Blind Eye, Assassin, and Markman.

I still havent quite figured out my strike package set ups yet. So far though for TDM using assault I like to string up IMS, Attack Copter, and Strafe Run if the map is pretty open. And for support I'll use UAV, Airdrop trap, and stealth bomber.
If Im doing objective based games (rarely) I'll usually rock support and set it up with the recon drone. YOu can score big points with the recon drone.

dldale85
11-16-2011, 05:40 PM
I usually defend my position with a betty or claymore but it seems like people just run through them all the time.

Stalker Pro is prob the cause of this. It delays the trigger and is really easy to get pro. This is what I use most of the time for tier 3. Tier 2 is Assassin or Hardline for my support classes if I have a silencer. Tier 1 I use Slight of Hand because it seams like you bump elbows so much that if you stop long enough to reload you are dead. I will bring the G36C and Assassin back for my first prestige and on the second I will bring the MP7.

SmokeyCheese1
11-17-2011, 08:50 AM
I think everyone must use stalker pro. I dont like that. Almost makes those betties worthless.
Im torn between using assassin and quick draw because of the bumping elbow thing. I find on the smaller maps like hardhat that I dont care if the enemy gets a UAV because we're likely to run into each other anyways.

Psalm
11-17-2011, 09:01 AM
Unlocked the MP7 and FAD last night...not impressed with the FAD..But, the MP7 may be the best Subby in the game..amazing with rapid fire and kick.

devilsadvoc8
12-15-2011, 12:51 PM
MP-7 is the best sub in the game IMO. Kick and red dot or range and silencer both work very well for me. the MP-9 is a great machine pistol

I prefer the AS50 as a sniper rifle.

As for the assualt rifles: I still have the most success with the scar usually with kick and silencer or attachments with silencer and extra mags.

With my prestige points I've unlocked the MP-7 and assassin. Debating using my last one to open up another custom class as nothing else seems overly useful at this point.

SmokeyCheese1
12-15-2011, 01:22 PM
MP-7 is the best sub in the game IMO. Kick and red dot or range and silencer both work very well for me. the MP-9 is a great machine pistol

As for the assualt rifles: I still have the most success with the scar usually with kick and silencer or attachments with silencer and extra mags.

With my prestige points I've unlocked the MP-7 and assassin. Debating using my last one to open up another custom class as nothing else seems overly useful at this point.

Or just dont prestige..........then you have everything all the time except for the emblem.

devilsadvoc8
12-17-2011, 08:44 AM

Or just dont prestige..........then you have everything all the time except for the emblem.

True, but for the moment, I want to see how far I can prestige.

GB-James
01-25-2012, 11:01 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b63/musicman0404/Demotivators/Hardware.jpg

This will be in my next care package!!!!!

devilsadvoc8
01-27-2012, 08:52 AM
The striker dominates in hardcore with the smaller maps with limited long sight lines e.g. hardhat. Extreme conditioning plus the striker means a crap load of kills. Grip or extended mags.

dinsdale1978
01-27-2012, 10:48 AM
The little I have played I really like:

Ak47 - kick - silencer
sleight of hand - assassin - marksman
uav - counter - sam turret

I just roll around staying off radar by jamming it and mowing them down.

Though the ACR is just OP. The Type 95 only works for me on a 4 bar connection. Anything else just has me missing.

xMisFitToyx
01-27-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm only @ lvl 44 ATM and I have really only used 1 gun (SCAR). I run with the Scar/silencer/hybrid sights, bouncing betty, flash or stun, stinger, UAV, UAV Jammer, Sam Turret, Sleight of Hand, Assasin, Sitrep and REVENGE :devil:

I seem to do pretty well with this setup B-)

GB-James
01-27-2012, 06:54 PM
I have been spying on ps3 mps with my elite program on my phone and I have to say I am impressed by the variety I see in everyones classes. I personally have 3 custom classes that work well for me.

Assault:
ACR 6.8 w/kick
attachments Red dot, ACOG, or extended mags
Stinger a Machine Pistol
Claymore
Concusion Grenade
Slieght of Hand
Quick Draw
Stalker
Support Package

Assault 2:
MP7 w/2 attachments
Attachments Red Dot and Rapid Fire
FMG9 Akimbo
Semtex
Concusion Grenade
Slieght of Hand
Assasin
Stalker
Assault package

Snips:
MSR w/kick(didnt unlock all of the perks before prestige so I might use another later)
Attachments whatever gets me more xp
FMG9 Akimbo
Claymore
Tactical Insertion
Blind Eye
Assasin
Marksman
Support Package

johnboy
01-29-2012, 03:52 AM
I wish i could say what works but no matter what i run around with i get my ass handed to me.... :((

Maybe it's the running around bit, just a thought. There are three ways to do this, run 'n gun solo (which isn't for everyone), run 'n gun as a mob (have done this on the Wii quite successfully a few times) or defend a position (pick a building or area of the map which only has a couple of access points and take people out as they come towards or into it.)

FOCUSMAN
01-29-2012, 05:37 PM
My main class set up is
Type 95 with impact and a red dot
Dual FMG9
Frag Stun
Blind Eye Pro Assassin Pro Marksman
Predator missile
Reaper
AC-130

I've got a few other classes for just trying other stuff out, the striker is fun to run around with once in a while.

Retro
05-11-2012, 01:36 PM
ACR - Stability - Double Mag
Desert Eagle
Semtex - Concussion
Blindeye - Hardline Pro - Steady Aim
*Support w/ UAV - SAM - EMP
Last Stand

*Assault w/UAV - Predator - Reaper

Scar - Stability - Double Mag
USAS - Grip
Semtex - Concussion