PDA

View Full Version : Squad - Teaming up with Mps

Sup3rman
11-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Squad - A good rule of thumb

I was in a game yesterday with about 4 - 5 mps and I noticed that there were squad of just 2 mps and randoms, squad of 1 mp and randoms, etc. Let's make a conscious effort to just leave your squad (unless you are in a squad full of Mps)..jump into an empty squad (echo, delta, etc) and if everyone on your team is on the same page (meaning everyone check the squads and who's in it they will join in and thus we have Mps playing with each others). I know that most of the time when I died or first join in a game, I always check out the different squads and see who's in it. I know it's a pain to leave and sent invites so hopefully this will make it easier to join in with Mps. See you all on the battlefield!! :cheers:

Madlob75
11-22-2011, 03:57 PM

I was in a game yesterday with about 4 - 5 mps and I noticed that there were squad of just 2 mps and randoms, squad of 1 mp and randoms, etc. Let's make a conscious effort to just leave your squad (unless you are in a squad full of Mps)..jump into an empty squad (echo, delta, etc) and if everyone on your team is on the same page (meaning everyone check the squads and who's in it they will join in and thus we have Mps playing with each others). I know that most of the time when I died or first join in a game, I always check out the different squads and see who's in it. I know it's a pain to leave and sent invites so hopefully this will make it easier to join in with Mps. See you all on the battlefield!! :cheers:

I was with you, and backed out of our squad when you did. Problem was, it wouldn't let me start a new squad. I kept trying to add myself to an empty squad, but it wouldn't let me. Do we have to join together?

RC-1136
11-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Sounds good to me. If you are on the same team it is easy to send invites to start a squad. Usually, I will leave the squad and then send invites. When people join then it automatically starts a new squad. We should always try to squad up. It helps a lot.

Sup3rman
11-22-2011, 04:04 PM

I was with you, and backed out of our squad when you did. Problem was, it wouldn't let me start a new squad. I kept trying to add myself to an empty squad, but it wouldn't let me. Do we have to join together?

I'm glad we were on the same page. Didn't want you to think I left you on purpose.. =)) But you were right about having difficulty starting a new squad though..I don't know what was going on. I usually have an easier time joining an empty squad. But that's what we should do from now on if we have randoms. :cheers:

mechatool
11-22-2011, 04:25 PM

I'm glad we were on the same page. Didn't want you to think I left you on purpose.. =)) But you were right about having difficulty starting a new squad though..I don't know what was going on. I usually have an easier time joining an empty squad. But that's what we should do from now on if we have randoms. :cheers:
+1 I always try to do the same.

Vainn2000
11-23-2011, 09:17 AM
will try and do the same, forgot that squads are smaller, and don;t include all team members. thanks for the reminder

TonkaToys
11-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Good to hook up with you last night Vainn.

Beano
11-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Yeah we should for sure do this. I also noticed the same thing. However with comms/squad management the way they are, it's hard to coordinate for now. That is why I never tried to change up. It takes forever to send messages and with voice not working it's hard. Right now it doesnt let you be in a one man squad to start a new one and that's why it's so hard to get into a squad of friends sometimes. This is changing however with the upcoming patch allowing people to sit in a squad solo and wait for friends.

Wildbill
11-23-2011, 10:45 PM
I think changing squads is easier after you die. FYI

Hi Guys :cheers:

bigbaldbobby
12-03-2011, 10:24 PM
Gotta bitch a little hear. How the hell am I supposed to know who my fellow MP's are if 1. They are not flying an [MP] clan tag and 2. None of the new members are adding anyone above their name on the active player list. I played 12 games in the last 2 days and as far as I know,I only played with one MP. To me this is unacceptable. Let's get it together guys and gals and keep this the best clan in thegaming universe. :-D

Madlob75
12-03-2011, 10:43 PM
Gotta bitch a little hear. How the hell am I supposed to know who my fellow MP's are if 1. They are not flying an [MP] clan tag and 2. None of the new members are adding anyone above their name on the active player list. I played 12 games in the last 2 days and as far as I know,I only played with one MP. To me this is unacceptable. Let's get it together guys and gals and keep this the best clan in thegaming universe. :-D

There are Pros and Cons to everyone bearing the MP tag. I agree with you that its hard to keep track of everyone, especially when you see someone with an MP tag that is not on your friend list. It takes 2 seconds to friend someone on the fly when you see them. We all need to be doing this.
This is my first time being in a clan. Beforehand, if I were in a game that had a lot of the same clan members on OP4, I would leave the game. It is very hard for a team of randoms to compete with a bunch of guys that "know" each other and are communicating. So there is some benefit to kind of hiding the fact that we are all in the same clan.

bigbaldbobby
12-03-2011, 11:12 PM

There are Pros and Cons to everyone bearing the MP tag. I agree with you that its hard to keep track of everyone, especially when you see someone with an MP tag that is not on your friend list. It takes 2 seconds to friend someone on the fly when you see them. We all need to be doing this.
This is my first time being in a clan. Beforehand, if I were in a game that had a lot of the same clan members on OP4, I would leave the game. It is very hard for a team of randoms to compete with a bunch of guys that "know" each other and are communicating. So there is some benefit to kind of hiding the fact that we are all in the same clan.

Good point.

Beano
12-04-2011, 05:41 PM
I do hide the the clan tag just for the reason madlob just said. When there are a ton of MP tags people always leave. Then the game autobalances and we play against each other which I don't really like.

oreon87
12-04-2011, 10:48 PM
It is a good idea to hide the clan tag but i think the newest members should fly it so i know and the veteran MPs should hide it. It seems to me every week i have Sniperella or Landshark telling me to add this person even tho i had already been playing with him for a few hours and never even knew he was an MP.

theczech99
12-05-2011, 10:22 AM
I do hide the the clan tag just for the reason madlob just said. When there are a ton of MP tags people always leave. Then the game autobalances and we play against each other which I don't really like.
That's why I changed mine to [FuQ]. I know itís probably not appropriate or kid friendly but itís more related to being frustrated with the lag that seems to stick around now.

I generally like to run and gun but Iíve had to slow it down a lot lately. Playing at a slower pace is killing me because it makes it harder for me to have a good score. By the time I can make it to a flag in conquest to help capture it, everyone is already moving to the next one. I still end most games with a positive kdr but only because I have to play with extremely fast reaction times and slow down on my attacking which is not how I like to play. Seeing other peopleís videos has really shown me how bad Iím lagging. The latest video of Beans t-bagging me really pissed me off. Not the T-bagging but the lag. Before I ran to the middle of the hallway to place a claymore I checked to make sure it was clear before moving. After seeing his video from his side, he was standing in the doorway before I ever moved. On my end he didnít come around the corner of the door until after I set the claymore down. What was really stupid is that my first claymore took him down to 3% and somehow he made it past the one that was next to my dead body. Then the next poor bastard that either spawned on Beans or came in the doorway after him was killed by the claymore Beans was sitting on. WTF is up with that crap?

I miss the days when I could take out two or more people with one ammo clip. Now it seems I can only bring someone down by unloading my primary weapon, pistol and finishing them off with a RPG if they are at 100%. Iíve lost track of how many times Iíve shot guys in the back only to have them turn around and kill me while Iím having to switch to my pistol.

wilmh
12-05-2011, 12:40 PM
I've played with you....and sent you a friend invite.....that you haven't accepted as of last night.

I usually fly the MP tag unless there are alot of us and then I'll change to something like kaMP or guMP...or whatever.

Also, my friends list is full or almost full due to playing BF3 and MW3.....others have the same problem.

RC-1136
12-05-2011, 03:35 PM
I just changed ine, too. Why not. We can be asecret society. This way I also won't embarrass team mp withmy mediocre play.

Kid_Bananas
12-05-2011, 06:56 PM
I think I have only gotten maybe two adds from newer than me MPs playing BF3.

TonkaToys
12-07-2011, 08:50 AM
I usually fly the MP tag unless there are alot of us and then I'll change to something like kaMP or guMP...or whatever.

Ha, I used to do that in MW2 and BOps; it's easier there because you do it in game not through battlelog. Here are some more for your delectation.
uMP, MP5k, piMP, eMP, laMP, luMP, raMP, giMP, etc etc. :))

johnnyh1976
12-07-2011, 12:33 PM
I've been flying the MP tag as well. Since I see many of you guys are changing your tags....

I guess I'll go back to my original tag which is also the name of our bowling team... WAFU(which stands for We're All_____UP!) and we usually are due to the copious amounts of beer consumed at the lanes.

But I can agree to the new MPeeps not being able to join up with anyone and that sucks because I love squadding up with all that I have added to my friends list. I can also agree from playing BC2 that people tend to leave games after a good ol' Team MP steamrollin'

My friend list is getting a little full and there are some MP members that I have added and have never played with but I popped in MW3 the other night just to meet up with some of my new adds.

TonkaToys
12-07-2011, 12:43 PM
I ain't changing mine... says so in the rulez (http://teammp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=346)!