PDA

View Full Version : Servers

TonkaToys
11-24-2011, 04:25 AM
Thought it might be useful to have a discussion about servers.

First for anyone new to the game it is worth noting that you should try to pick a local server from the browser list as that reduces lag, so your game experience should improve. This can be tricky when you are joining on friends in other countries.

The browser is also useful if you want to pick the type of game you are playing - conquest/rush, normal/hardcore, etc.

Now a question from me: does the ranked server option do anything?

Gink
11-24-2011, 01:28 PM
I've gotten in the habit of almost always choosing games through the server browser rather than quickmatch, or selecting to join online friends. I always check the "friends" sections of servers first to see where folks are and if there's room in any of the games. For random games I've got filters set to only show me US games and then I try and pick games with the best ping.

It seems like some of the server options aren't really available to us, at least I haven't noticed any unranked servers, and I recently added "Infantry Only" to my filter as I was trying to level support/recon kits, but have yet to see an infantry only server going. I think some options are only available to people hosting servers, which I believe is primarily just for the PC folks.