PDA

View Full Version : DLC

Psalm
11-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Post any news about DLC here....
I saw an unfortunate rumor that the first map pack will be called "Nostalgia pack"
It is said to include Favela and terminal from MW2 and Shipment (made a bit bigger) and Crossfire from MW
This would be dissapointing.

Its only a rumor at this point.
Also, Elite members will get the first map out of the 4 in December...we will see.

CB-40
11-28-2011, 10:36 PM
No kidding! Hope this is rumor. Wouldn't you think the first pack out the door would be new maps, BIGGER maps??? Save the remiscing for down the road L-)

dinsdale1978
11-29-2011, 02:48 AM
PC gamers have already uncovered a bevy of files named after old maps. Frankly, some of those older maps would make the game more enjoyable. Still it's going to be hard to compete with Karkand and Wake Island DLC for BF3.

SmokeyCheese1
11-29-2011, 08:18 AM
PC gamers have already uncovered a bevy of files named after old maps. Frankly, some of those older maps would make the game more enjoyable. Still it's going to be hard to compete with Karkand and Wake Island DLC for BF3.

There is no competition as they are different games. BF3 is for relaxing and enjoying your gaming experience. MW3 is for running aruond like youre on crack and getting as many kills as possible.

I have no doubts the first map pack will be old maps. There are buildings reused from MW1 and MW2 in MW3 with different textures on them.

11-29-2011, 10:33 AM
I would love for them to put all of the MW 2 maps on this game. I have never played on shipment before but from what I have seen it is just a mess. I can't wait to get on Favela and Terminal and actually be able to kill more than two people in a row before the whole team spawns behind me.

RC-1136
11-29-2011, 11:00 AM
I would love for them to put all of the MW 2 maps on this game. I have never played on shipment before but from what I have seen it is just a mess. I can't wait to get on Favela and Terminal and actually be able to kill more than two people in a row before the whole team spawns behind me.

I do miss camping with scavenged claymores in the cockpit of the plane and picking people off coming out of bookstore. I enjoyed Favela as well with all of its different levels. I wouldn't even mind if they brought back Fuel. I think you could fit 4 Dome Maps in that 1.

SmokeyCheese1
11-29-2011, 11:09 AM

I do miss camping with scavenged claymores in the cockpit of the plane and picking people off coming out of bookstore. I enjoyed Favela as well with all of its different levels. I wouldn't even mind if they brought back Fuel. I think you could fit 4 Dome Maps in that 1.

I dont enjoy Fuel. I would like to see Terminal, Favela, Quarry, Overgrown, Pipeline (maybe?)

Psalm
11-29-2011, 11:10 AM
I hate that you can't scavenge claymores anymore either... oh well.
Although, I don't want MW2/MW maps. I have to say I liked all of those maps...probably terminal the most.

Psalm
11-29-2011, 11:11 AM
I dont enjoy Fuel. I would like to see Terminal, Favela, Quarry, Overgrown, Pipeline (maybe?)
Overgrown again...man I got enough of that between MW and MW2

I vote for Rust minus the noob toobs...lol

Borlaxx
11-29-2011, 11:18 AM
I still hold a special place in my heart for the maps from World at War, although I am sure those aren't coming. Really miss Asylum, Castle, Hanger, Makin and Upheaval.

Psalm
11-29-2011, 11:23 AM
I still hold a special place in my heart for the maps from World at War, although I am sure those aren't coming. Really miss Asylum, Castle, Hanger, Makin and Upheaval.
I thought it was cool that they redid Cliffside for Black Ops
Upheaval was one of the best COD maps of all time IMO.

SmokeyCheese1
11-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Please dont bring back wetwork.....it was a nade fest. Now it'll be some tool with an XM-25 launching nades from the pilot house on one side of the map.
Crossfire was too linear.....there werent many ways you go through that map.

Id like to add Creek and Ambush to my list.

CB-40
11-29-2011, 08:18 PM
Aaahhh, good times...

Psalm
11-30-2011, 03:32 PM
I have now heard 2 more separate rumors...one is that in a addition to the maps stated in the OP it will include 2 new maps called aftershock and fallout (I am beginning to doubt this rumor.)

But, the newest rumor over at Kotaku is the new maps will be named

Concrete
Park
Italy
Overwatch and wait for it....
Morning Wood

SmokeyCheese1
11-30-2011, 04:41 PM
I have now heard 2 more separate rumors...one is that in a addition to the maps stated in the OP it will include 2 new maps called aftershock and fallout (I am beginning to doubt this rumor.)

Concrete
Park
Italy
Morning Wood

The main feature of this map is a Redwood in the center of the map flanked by 2 giant steel earth globes.

CB-40
11-30-2011, 06:22 PM

Concrete
Park
Italy
Morning Wood
=)) =)) =)) :party:

johnboy
12-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Honestly, I don't know what you guys have against the original MW maps? Yes Wetwork was a nade fest, but that was part of the fun for me. I really enjoyed Wetwork and crossfire. James, how can you criticise a map you've never played on? Some of my hardest fought matches and best scores have come on Shipment. I did probably concede my highest amount of deaths also on that map and for that reason I hated it, but still played on it.

RC-1136
12-09-2011, 10:34 AM
I might be the only one who feels this way, but I wish the DLC would have some more Spec Ops missions in it. I had so much fun playing them with my kid.

Psalm
12-21-2011, 01:21 PM
Well Park was confirmed by 402 also, it will be released on Jan 24th for Elite Subscribers

https://twitter.com/#!/fourzerotwo/stat ... 48/photo/1 (https://twitter.com/#!/fourzerotwo/status/149551463037800448/photo/1)

cubizzle
12-21-2011, 01:53 PM
I don't think I played MW2 enough to even remember what these maps are without looking, but I sure remember rust. That would be awesome to have back!!!

I'm also not clamoring for bigger maps either. That can really make the game stale IMO. There isn't much I just can't stand more than snipers hiding in corners or in buildings that are hard to get to. This game is set up a certain way (run and gun) and for the most part that is exactly why I enjoy it as much as I do. based on the maps I really like in this current no DLC version of the game I would love to keep it the way it is size wise. But hey, that's just me.

OK so I went to find some of the maps to refresh my memory. Terminal was GREAT!!!! I would love to get that as DLC. Highrise was one of my favorites as well. I did really like Favella too. So with all of that said if this is the way the first DLC goes I'm ok with that. It might take some time to get the hang of them again, but not nearly as much time as learning brand spanking new maps. PLUS, if you have hardened (like I do) then this is all bought and paid for already anyway.

Psalm
12-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Looks like only Xbox360 elite members will get this in January....so, PS3 elite will have to wait..
I am guessing that it will look something like this...
Jan 24th Xbox Elite
Feb 24th PS3 Elite/ General Xbox
Mar 24th PS3

PS3 Elite subscriptions will take a dive after this year.

SmokeyCheese1
12-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Screenie of New DLC Map - Park
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa70/barthautala/ParkMap.jpg

Psalm
12-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Its central park in NYC

SmokeyCheese1
12-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Its central park in NYC

Stay away from the bathrooms............

Psalm
12-21-2011, 04:37 PM
Its central park in NYC

Stay away from the bathrooms............
I'm sure there will be some "gun polishing" going on.

johnboy
12-22-2011, 12:01 PM
Looks like only Xbox360 elite members will get this in January....so, PS3 elite will have to wait..
I am guessing that it will look something like this...
Jan 24th Xbox Elite
Feb 24th PS3 Elite/ General Xbox
Mar 24th PS3

PS3 Elite subscriptions will take a dive after this year.

I smell yet more Activision bs.

the0mahakid
12-22-2011, 12:16 PM
I am hoping for NukeTown. Also I am hoping they nerf sniper rifles as they are beast right now. Also hoping they bring back the multiple grenade option.

SmokeyCheese1
12-27-2011, 09:08 AM
I am hoping for NukeTown. Also I am hoping they nerf sniper rifles as they are beast right now. Also hoping they bring back the multiple grenade option.

I see no difference in sniper rifles in MW3 vs MW2............and the term "nerf" is for 12 year olds OR in other words your kids.

SmokeyCheese1
01-11-2012, 12:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_ ... aQdKJ2LMNI (http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=/watch%3Ffeature%3Dplayer_embedded%26v%3DiaQdKJ2LMN I)

Psalm
01-11-2012, 02:41 PM
I saw that...looks like they are going to be bringing "infected" game type into public lobbies as well. Saw a tweet from 402

RC-1136
01-11-2012, 03:21 PM
To me the new new Italy map looks like Favela with a new paint job.

johnboy
01-24-2012, 02:27 PM
I still can't work it out. Two maps to start off with. So if there are two maps every month, they will have enough for a map pack in March for non elite 360 users. But it would still work out shit for PS3 players who would get the 2nd lot of dlc at the same time as the 360 non elite. But if they release 2 maps a month for the next 9-10 months then you're going to end up with another 18-20 maps. Sounds like a total cluster fuck to me, why didn't they do this next year when the deal with Microsoft supposedly ends?

Psalm
01-24-2012, 03:18 PM
http://www.callofduty.com/contentcalendar#.Tx8Q6O81UbV.facebook
saw this link on Facebook to the call of duty content calender...

GB-James
01-24-2012, 10:42 PM
I wonder if that will cover PS3 Elite users as well

SouthtownSlayer
03-07-2012, 03:28 PM
http://mp1st.com/2012/03/07/modern-warf ... -missions/ (http://mp1st.com/2012/03/07/modern-warfare-3-march-trailer-black-box-map-and-two-special-ops-missions/)

A little look at the new drop for March. I used to be a die-hard COD player but for some reason (Elite let down) I really don't feel the game like I used to. I've downloaded the new maps for PS3 (Piazza & other) but still haven't played em. Maybe one day I'll get my COD fix back to what it used to be.

SmokeyCheese1
03-09-2012, 11:36 AM
Does anyone know when we'll be able to play the maps in HC mode?

Psalm
03-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Does anyone know when we'll be able to play the maps in HC mode?
I know on the PS3 there was an elite playlist with HC modes (mosh pit)