PDA

View Full Version : SPACE MARINES !!

=T4NUKI=
12-22-2011, 08:04 PM
I just got myself Warhammer 4000 Space Marines even if the critics were crap...it was only 29$ and I'm a sucker for Games workshop stuff...
So far I like the game, it's a nice hack'n'slash-shoot'em up kinda game, but there's some pretty cool online stuff in it ! Like create your marine (chaos and imperial) I spent about 2 hours creating my own character. There's co-op online play, deathmatches, CTF...you can unlock armor parts,guns,perks.... so far, it's a decent 29$ well spent...if you like the franchise !

=T4NUKI=
12-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Who else has it ?! Who's gonna join my MP Chapter ?!

xMisFitToyx
12-23-2011, 10:23 PM
I just got myself Warhammer 4000 Space Marines even if the critics were crap...it was only 29$ and I'm a sucker for Games workshop stuff...
So far I like the game, it's a nice hack'n'slash-shoot'em up kinda game, but there's some pretty cool online stuff in it ! Like create your marine (chaos and imperial) I spent about 2 hours creating my own character. There's co-op online play, deathmatches, CTF...you can unlock armor parts,guns,perks.... so far, it's a decent 29$ well spent...if you like the franchise !

My son has a bunch of these characters. We used to take him to the mall every weekend for about a year to paint and build sets at the games workshop (the guys that work there are some of the nerdiest guys in the world =)) ) He has a couple of cases of these characters.

=T4NUKI=
12-24-2011, 04:28 PM
lol.... I used to be like that, once upon a time !!

TonkaToys
12-24-2011, 04:29 PM
I've got to admit that I too have a couple of cases of these figures - stashed in my garage at the moment! Loved playing wargames with them when I was young... I admit I'm a nerd.

My friend has got this game and loves it - he's also a (recent) dad, so I'll see if I can get him to join Team MP and join your chapter.

=T4NUKI=
12-24-2011, 04:33 PM
I've designed some nifty-looking MP colored armors ! Cant wait to expand my MP Chapter !

Phantom
01-29-2012, 06:59 AM
I now have this and played for the first time last night! What a wicked game! Online is frigging hard though!

=T4NUKI=
02-02-2012, 12:06 PM
I now have this and played for the first time last night! What a wicked game! Online is frigging hard though!
Give yourself 2 or 3 days of intense dying and rage-quitting envies, but once you unlock some guns and perks, you'll be hooked !
It does takes a while to get used to the multiplayer, every weapon class (tactical,devastator and assault) have their own style of tactics... here's my 2 cents to help you out a bit...

Tactical: Bolter,plasma gun, etc... This is the standard space marine layout. The Bolter is the weapon of choice all trough the game, it's accurate, deadly and once you get the Kraken Bolt challenge done, it's awesome. With the tactical class, I usually try to flank my ennemies, or better, to get them from behind. It does involve a lot of moving around and about so you get to memorise the maps. I try to shoot at the assault marines (the jumpers) from a good distance, they have poor armor but terrific movement ability...dont let them charge you !!! (the meltagun is awesome against them....let'em charge you, roll back and melt them at close range). Do not try to take on Devastators head on (the heavy guys)....try the stalker bolter (the sniper gun) against them. This weapon you'll love, it's great against big guys from very far (go for the headshot!)

Devastator: Heavy bolter, heavy plasma gun, Lascannon...
Firepower, firepower, firepower ! Big, heavy, clumbersome, this class is hard to play with at first, it takes a while to get used to avoid direct contact, especially from the assault marines who are your greatest foes ! Try to find a good shooting spot where you can cover a good area , a balcony, a doorway... you get on braced mode when you press R2, this enables you from moving but it incresses your rate of fire !! So move, spot at a good distance, brace up, shoot, un-brace and move again....avoid close combat at all cost ! If you cannot, the triangle button is a big foot stomp that stuns your ennemy, giving you time and space to finish him up ! The lascannon is like a heavy sniper riffle that shoots through walls and crates... great in very open maps where cover is limited because one headshot does the trick !

Assault: Jump pack and close combat !!! The trickiest class of all but also, i think, the more fun to play with ! Poor armor, pistols and chain sword, axe or warhammer, leaping from the sky on your ennemy ! Try avoiding fire at all cost... the assault marine cant take much damage. The best thing to do is trying to surprise your ennemies by creeping on them undetected ( mostly by foot) and when you spot them, jump on them and hack them up ! Some will say that blind grenades are the assault marine's best friend, but I really hate them because it affects everyone on the field, including yourself ! Beware of meltaguns, they will vaporise you in one shot at very close range.

Hope this'll help you Phantom... I'll see you one the battleground !

xMisFitToyx
08-14-2012, 09:09 AM
I have been playing this (along with other PS+ games) over the last week ... It is a pretty good SP campain so far. I'm playing on "Normal" and the combat is fairly easy.
I'm sure I'll give the MP a go at some point ... but, only after I finish the SP campain.

Jackie R
08-14-2012, 10:58 AM
I have been playing this (along with other PS+ games) over the last week ... It is a pretty good SP campain so far. I'm playing on "Normal" and the combat is fairly easy.
I'm sure I'll give the MP a go at some point ... but, only after I finish the SP campain.
I was intrigued when I noticed that this was free with PS+. Once I finish Infamous 2, I'll give it a try. Would love to try co-op but competitive multiplayer just isn't for me.

xMisFitToyx
08-14-2012, 11:06 AM
I was intrigued when I noticed that this was free with PS+. Once I finish Infamous 2, I'll give it a try. Would love to try co-op but competitive multiplayer just isn't for me.

I'll be happy to give it a go with you.I need to replace my headset though .... my old one is broken.

Did you try Gotham City Imposters? ... Damn, what a stupid game .... Mildly entertaining at best, and glitchy/laggy.

Jackie R
08-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Did you try Gotham City Imposters? ... Damn, what a stupid game .... Mildly entertaining at best, and glitchy/laggy.
Nope...trying to stay away from competitive multiplayer games. Just too frustrating.