PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Stereo wireless headset 7.1 surround sound (virtual)

sleeper341
01-09-2012, 11:08 AM
These were released at the back end of last year apparently. Has anyone got a set and if so how do they rate them?

I've bought a set on the 4th but they are shipping from Canada to the UK so I don't expect to see them for a week or so yet.

Here's a link, what do you think? http://us.playstation.com/ps3/accessories/wireless-stereo-headset-ps3.html

CB-40
01-09-2012, 03:26 PM
See this: viewtopic.php?f=102&t=3613&start=20 (http://teammp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=3613&start=20) . Some feedback by a couple of us.

Major Stains
01-09-2012, 03:31 PM
They look very nice.

On a side note, I drove through Battle last week. Love that place, many special memories.

Enjoy the headset sleeper :cheers:

Psalm
01-09-2012, 03:45 PM
I'd be interested to see how they stack up to TB's or Tritton's...I've had both. But, nothing as wire-free as these.

bigbaldbobby
01-09-2012, 04:14 PM
I've got em and I love em! Seem to be good so far. Just that annoying little blue light on the mic. Plug and play setup real easy.

CB-40
01-09-2012, 10:49 PM
I'd be interested to see how they stack up to TB's or Tritton's...I've had both. But, nothing as wire-free as these.
Not having had any other kind of full headset I can't really tell you how they would compare. I know for me, a casual gamer, they are pretty awesome. Nice features like turning surround on and off, master volume, and the two best parts for me which are controlling the volume between chat and game and the wireless. You can set it to what works for you. The surround works well, I can really hear the sounds "moving" from ear to ear as my player moves around. I'm hearing things like flies buzzing around, background sirens, etc that I never noticed when playing through my tv. I'm really enjoying them. :D

sleeper341
01-10-2012, 03:06 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll post my thoughts once I've got them and had a play with them.

sleeper341
01-13-2012, 04:14 AM
Help!!!

Ok, got headset, looks great. Used headset, sound is awesome. Plugged in to charge, turned in to heap of cr*p!

For some reason when i plug it in to charge the charge indicator comes on for 5 seconds before switching off again. Doesn't matter if I use the USB from the PS3, a Laptop, desktop or mains adaptor it only charges for 5 seconds.

Any ideas before i send them back?

Cheers

bigbaldbobby
01-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Have you sent them back yet or did you call Sony?

CB-40
01-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Wow, I'm not sure, haven't had that problem. I'm with Bobby, call Sony first?

sleeper341
01-16-2012, 06:02 AM
Cheers guys, called Sony for advice and they said there isn't anything they can do over the phone when it comes to accessories and that as they are new I should just take them back to the retailer as it sounds like a faulty battery (starting to charge then stopping). As they wouldn't agree to pay for my flights and accomodation to canada to take them back to the retailer, I have no choice but to post them back for an exchange.

I emailed the seller who has said an exchange is no issue so i'll be arranging a DHL courier today to get them back there asap. I'll let you know if the next set is any better.

FOCUSMAN
01-23-2012, 07:50 PM
I picked these up in September a week or two after they came out and i love them. i haven't had any problems with them and they sound great. it's nice being able to hear people coming from behind you. i hope your new pair works better for you sleeper.

sleeper341
01-30-2012, 06:53 AM
New Pair arrived this morning, seller kindly sent them Fedex priority so only 3 days from Canada to UK. And they are charging fine at the moment :)