PDA

View Full Version : 1000 Gamer FPS Fragfest!

TonkaToys
01-19-2012, 12:18 PM
Anyone interested in trying to join this 1000 person FPS record breaking attempt?

The Register Article (http://www.reghardware.com/2012/01/19/thousand_first_person_shooter_players_set_to_battl e_simultaneously/)

A Swedish tech outfit is to pit no fewer than one thousand first-person shooter players against each other simultaneously in a bid to set a world record.
spaces will be available free on a first come, first served basis, with links provided publicly 15 minutes prior to kick off.

Man vs. Machine Site (http://www.muchdifferent.com/1000PlayerFPS/index.php)

What is Man vs. Machine?
It is a game that demonstrates the possibilities of a new kind of technology, developed by MuchDifferent, for creating massive online games. The secret behind being able to handle a much larger amount of players in one First Person Shooter (FPS) battlefield lays in having several (in this case 8) single-threaded servers working together as one, thanks to PikkoServer. Want to know more? Check out the “Technology” section below.

When can I play the game?
The game will be available on the front page of this website on the day of world record attempt, 29 Jan. 2012, 16.00 CET. Please check the count down clock on the front page to see the exact time of day in your local time zone.

How do I join?
When the clock on the front page runs out, the game will be available on the front page. Just be there before the 1000 spots are cleaned out and you will be a part of history. You can stay tuned by signing up, on the front page, and receive an email before it all starts.

Will the game be free to play?
Yes, the game is completely free of charge. All we ask from you is to take your time and play the game! However, space is limited, and to secure your place in the game you CAN buy a ticket.

BeefShankz
01-19-2012, 02:09 PM
I think I'm gonna check this out. 1000 man fragfest is right up my alley.

TonkaToys
01-20-2012, 09:26 AM
It's worth a go, as it is free.

TonkaToys
01-26-2012, 11:59 AM
THIS WEEKEND PEEPS.