PDA

View Full Version : Homefront 2

RC-1136
01-31-2012, 02:07 PM
I'm traveling right now and I bout the Playstation Magazine. I saw an article that there will be a Homefront 2 in 2013. Since Kaos no longer excist the game is being made by Crytek, the company who made Crysis 2. I can't believe they are making another one. The first game was such a disaster I don't know why anyone would give it another go. Crysis 2 had an OK SP Campaign. It was very cliche but playable. It's MP was interesting, but laggy as hell. I don't know. I hope they don't rope me in again. The story still intrigues me if they get the gameplay right. I'm still sick of FPS's set in the Middle East and a game whree you have to liberate the US has great potential IMO. I can tell you this. I will not be getting day 1.

Madlob75
01-31-2012, 02:52 PM
I was also suckered in by Homefront. I was looking for something good after MoH died off. The whole concept was great, and I thought the way the did the battle points on the MP was interesting. Obviously the whole thing stunk. Even their version of Battlelog didn't work. I still see YT videos of people playing, so I guess there is still a core following.

Jackie R
01-31-2012, 03:32 PM
The original was very disappointing indeed. I thought the ability to earn battle points without having to maintain a killstreak would balance the game. Unfortunately, it had quite the opposite effect. Very hard to win when the other team is launching helicopters and tanks while your side is playing with the recon drones.

In any case, I am interested in seeing how Crytek improves the sequel but no way am I bitting until the game is released and the reviews are in.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/3/25/128824383830238030.jpg

Retro
01-31-2012, 03:56 PM
It going to be a day one ....RENTAL!

CELockwood
01-31-2012, 04:41 PM
The original was very disappointing indeed. I thought the ability to earn battle points without having to maintain a killstreak would balance the game. Unfortunately, it had quite the opposite effect. Very hard to win when the other team is launching helicopters and tanks while your side is playing with the recon drones.

In any case, I am interested in seeing how Crytek improves the sequel but no way am I bitting until the game is released and the reviews are in.

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/3/25/128824383830238030.jpg

Spot on.

Battlepoints seemed like such a good idea to me, until I played the game. It just to seem to accentuate any disparity between teams.

Anyway, the whole execution was so bad that i can't believe a second is on the way, though I guess they did make money, so from that standpoint, why not?

Psalm
01-31-2012, 06:05 PM
yeah...and I am sure that the MP will not be free.

Retro
01-31-2012, 06:28 PM
You can tell alot about a game as a whole by it's SP.

RC-1136
01-31-2012, 09:00 PM
You can tell alot about a game as a whole by it's SP.

I think I was more disapointed by the SP than I was the MP. The story line had so much potnetial, but it fell flat on its face. This game was truely a disgrace.

Ed, you're right about the MP not being free. I think this was one of the first games where you had to put in the code to get into the MP.

Retro
01-31-2012, 11:34 PM
I think I was more disapointed by the SP than I was the MP. The story line had so much potnetial, but it fell flat on its face. This game was truely a disgrace.

Ed, you're right about the MP not being free. I think this was one of the first games where you had to put in the code to get into the MP.
It let you play the MP without a code but you could not go past level 5. MoH required a code as well.

I just knew the MP was going to be bad after playing the SP because of all the glitches and bugs in the campaign. If you can't get the gameplay running smooth and clean on the SP side, usually the MP is going to be bad.

Borlaxx
02-01-2012, 08:43 AM
The first game had sooooo much potential, but because of that it ended up being the most dissipointing game I have ever bought. I have bought worse games, but none that squandered so many good ideas. I don't know who is going to buy the second game. I guess if the reviews come out and say it is fantastic and completely redeems itself after the first horrible game then I may check it out, but I have a feeling NOBODY who actually bought the first game is going to reserve this game. Pre-order sales are going to be absolutely horrible.

RC-1136
02-06-2012, 02:55 PM
The first game had sooooo much potential, but because of that it ended up being the most dissipointing game I have ever bought. I have bought worse games, but none that squandered so many good ideas. I don't know who is going to buy the second game. I guess if the reviews come out and say it is fantastic and completely redeems itself after the first horrible game then I may check it out, but I have a feeling NOBODY who actually bought the first game is going to reserve this game. Pre-order sales are going to be absolutely horrible.

I am going o have to see a ton of Positive Yotube videos by people who I trust before I even considered getting this.

DayliteMag
02-06-2012, 03:13 PM
For goodness sake, whatever you do don't tell Ustolemygmrtag that they are coming out with HF2. ;)

Retro
05-31-2012, 11:30 PM
http://mp1st.com/2012/05/31/thq-took-homefront-2-to-crytek-to-bring-it-up-to-the-level-of-cod-and-battlefield-says-former-vp/

Homefront 2 currently has a prospective FY2014 release date, and will be set in “different part of North America” compared to where the first title took place. Homefront 2 could be a next-gen title, and will be powered by Crytek’s CryEngine 3.

TrojanTeacher
06-01-2012, 03:14 PM
They can power it with whatever engine they choose to, it won't fix the damn game. They need to fix the "common sense" aspect of that game.

Retro
06-01-2012, 03:17 PM
I think Crytek can address the biggest issues with the game:
Shitty graphics and animation - Crytek speciality
Shitty controls
Craptastic single player campaign that makes CoD look like fresh genius material.

CELockwood
06-01-2012, 03:19 PM
I keep a banned merchant list. THQ got put on it after Homefront. Not buying it.

TrojanTeacher
06-01-2012, 03:20 PM
Yes, the animations were almost laughable. The idea of the game was great, but "Following Connor" got old.

As for THQ: They make awesome wrestling games...not that I would know... :-"

Retro
06-01-2012, 03:47 PM
THQ does make some great games, Saints Row series, UFC 3 was amazing and I have to admit the WWE games are pretty solid.

I tend to put the developers on a do not buy list rather than the publishers, so for Homefront KAOS went on that list. Of course they got shut down so no need to worry about them anymore.

Homefront had some great idea's behind it, KAOS just did not have the ability to make it happen. Crytek should have the experience to pull it off.