dinsdale1978#1492 - dinsdale1978
Badgerute#1114 - BadgerUte
MoreCowBell8#1122 - MoreCowBell87
theczech99#1675 - theczech99
Taboo#1706 - SouthtownSlayer
BeansTwoNine#1242 - sam007

Gink
02-26-2012, 01:47 PM
The wife and I continued to play DII & expansions over LAN up until a year or so ago. I think she's more upset than I am that we don't have a modern enough computer for DIII. Once it comes out I'm sure I'll be pressured to sell my soul or the children or whatever it takes to get the $ to build a system for her to play it on.

dinsdale1978
05-15-2012, 08:27 AM
I am ready to take on the demon spawn if anyone else is up for a challenge. :devil:

Borlaxx
05-15-2012, 08:31 AM
I would get this in a second if my computer could actually run it :(

Badgerute
05-15-2012, 09:07 AM
very tempted to get this

dinsdale1978
05-15-2012, 10:33 AM
very tempted to get this

You know you want to... :applause:

Beano
05-15-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm in.

Borlaxx
05-15-2012, 12:27 PM
There aren't any "professional" reviews on Metacritic yet, but the user reviews are overwhelmingly negative at this point, but could just be an influx of trolls. Metacritic User Score Average of 3.7 as of this post.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii

EDIT: don't read the user comments. Some fucking little bitch decided to be a piece of shit and post a sentence spoiling the entire plot line of the Game of Thrones books X( :cuss: X( :cuss: X( :cuss:

dinsdale1978
05-15-2012, 12:40 PM
There aren't any "professional" reviews on Metacritic yet, but the user reviews are overwhelmingly negative at this point, but could just be an influx of trolls. Metacritic User Score Average of 3.7 as of this post.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii

EDIT: don't read the user comments. Some fucking little bitch decided to be a piece of shit and post a sentence spoiling the entire plot line of the Game of Thrones books X( :cuss: X( :cuss: X( :cuss:

The only thing the masses are good for is causing unrest and bumping bad ideas. I have been a fan of Diablo since the first release. Most of the complaints I am seeing with 0's are about connection errors, how they changed the game, how it's targeted at the casual gamer, and how paying for items is cheating. All typical entitled gamer whining. I will let you know a real reaction from some long time fans by tomorrow.

Borlaxx
05-15-2012, 01:44 PM
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/15/diabl ... t-happens/ (http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/15/diablo-3-review-as-it-happens/)

Borlaxx
05-15-2012, 02:10 PM
A good friend of mine who is a Diablo fanatic (and RPG fanatic in general) posted something about this game on FB, and I asked him about it. He said that the people complaining that D3 is dumbed down compared to D2 don't know what they are talking about and that he thinks there is at least twice as much customization compared to D2, but you don't really see it until the second act and that it does start out slow compared to D2. Unfortunately, he said the DRM requirement that you always be connected online to play at all is bullshit, and that several times he has lost his progress in an area after being kicked from the servers. He said he hopes they get it fixed soon (and is confident that they will) because right now it is just about game breaking.

dinsdale1978
05-15-2012, 02:11 PM
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/15/diablo-3-review-as-it-happens/

I don't take criticisms of the writing being weak as holding much sway. I wouldn't go see the Expendables and bitch about a thin plot or unrealistic gunplay. Somethings are meant to be corny, gory, and just fun.

Borlaxx
05-15-2012, 02:14 PM
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/15/diablo-3-review-as-it-happens/

I don't take criticisms of the writing being weak as holding much sway. I wouldn't go see the Expendables and bitch about a thin plot or unrealistic gunplay. Somethings are meant to be corny, gory, and just fun.
Agreed. The writing and voice acting was nothing special in Skyrim compared to say, Dragon Age Origins (in which both were superb) but I still loved it.

dinsdale1978
05-15-2012, 02:18 PM
I'm in.

What class are you going to roll?

theczech99
05-15-2012, 02:23 PM
I'm in.

I may have to make this one my starting point for PC gaming. I would be totally lost and may need some help on what the heck to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HardlyCapable13
05-15-2012, 02:34 PM

Well said. Just wish my computer could handle this game... :((

Beano
05-15-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm in.

Not to sure yet. Haven't done much research on this one. I may wait at least a week to get it and get in after the release patch.

dinsdale1978
05-16-2012, 01:38 AM
[yt:3b0aq4bo]4QWZh84a90k[/yt:3b0aq4bo]

SouthtownSlayer
05-16-2012, 08:16 AM
Picked it up this morning and well though I'm not a "die hard" Diablo fanatic, I really do enjoy the game!
Level 7 Monk named Taboo!

Borlaxx
05-16-2012, 08:21 AM
Is this one of those games that requires a bad ass gaming rig to play it at all?

dinsdale1978
05-16-2012, 08:28 AM
Is this one of those games that requires a bad ass gaming rig to play it at all?

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-iii-system-requirements

WINDOWS
Windows® XP/Vista/7 (latest service packs) with DX 9.0c
Intel Pentium® D 2.8 GHz or AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 4400+
NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better
1 GB RAM (XP), 1.5 GB (Vista/7)
12 GB available HD space
DVD-ROM (required for retail disc versions only)
Broadband** Internet connection
1024x768 minimum resolution

Borlaxx
05-16-2012, 08:39 AM

WINDOWS
12 GB available HD space
This is what I have:

Processor: Intel® Pentium®

Processor Speed: 3.0GHz

System Bus: 800MHz

Cache Memory: 2MB

System Memory (RAM): 4GB

System Memory (RAM) Expandable To: 8GB

Type of Memory (RAM): DDR3 SDRAM

Hard Drive Type: SATA (7200 rpm)

Hard Drive Size: 500GB

Graphics: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD

Audio: Integrated (7.1-channel)

Network Card: Built-in 10/100/1000 interface

Recordable DVD Drive: Yes, DVD±RW/CD-RW drive

Digital Media Reader or Slots: Yes, digital media card reader

Available Expansion Bays: External: 1 (3.5"), 1 (5.25")

Available Expansion Slots: 1 PCI, 1 PCI Express x1, 1 PCI Express x16

USB 2.0 Ports: 6 (2 front, 4 rear)

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

HDMI Output: Yes

Looks like my graphics card probably isn't good enough :(

dinsdale1978
05-16-2012, 09:29 AM
Yeah it is a pretty graphics intensive game. Though you will probably be good to go for Guild Wars 2 if you are looking for a good PC game this summer.

dinsdale1978
05-16-2012, 09:41 AM
http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/i-tc6sjLQ/0/L/i-tc6sjLQ-X3.jpg

sam007
05-16-2012, 10:54 AM
I'm sitting on the fence for this one at the moment, I did however ask a friend which server he is on so we have a larger pool of players to game with.

MoreCowBell87
05-17-2012, 08:14 AM
Installed it last night! :-)

dinsdale1978
05-17-2012, 09:04 AM
I will make the first post a placeholder for battlenet names.

Badgerute
05-17-2012, 09:12 AM
I will make the first post a placeholder for battlenet names.

I bought and installed last night, but only got a second to play. My name is "Toast", a mighty witchdoctor.

MoreCowBell87
05-17-2012, 11:19 AM

WINDOWS
12 GB available HD space
This is what I have:

Processor: Intel® Pentium®

Processor Speed: 3.0GHz

System Bus: 800MHz

Cache Memory: 2MB

System Memory (RAM): 4GB

System Memory (RAM) Expandable To: 8GB

Type of Memory (RAM): DDR3 SDRAM

Hard Drive Type: SATA (7200 rpm)

Hard Drive Size: 500GB

Graphics: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD

Audio: Integrated (7.1-channel)

Network Card: Built-in 10/100/1000 interface

Recordable DVD Drive: Yes, DVD±RW/CD-RW drive

Digital Media Reader or Slots: Yes, digital media card reader

Available Expansion Bays: External: 1 (3.5"), 1 (5.25")

Available Expansion Slots: 1 PCI, 1 PCI Express x1, 1 PCI Express x16

USB 2.0 Ports: 6 (2 front, 4 rear)

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

HDMI Output: Yes

Looks like my graphics card probably isn't good enough :(

The only issue might have is integrated chipset (Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator X4500HD), I am running on

Windows 7 64x

Intell i3 2.5GHz processor

4gb ram

Intell HD3000

and I run smooth on low grafics settings. The HD3000 is the step up from the 4500 that you are using. I get to the post from work (blocked) but google supported graphics cards for Diablo 3 and look for forum posts. The list on the site does not have everything, there are a coule posts that are updated to include the Intel integrated chipsets, I'm not sure which ones though.

SouthtownSlayer
05-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Yesterday morning I jumped on and the game was running smooth; I then noticed when I logged on around 1600 EST my latency went to crap and I got kicked once while trying to finish up a quest. I'm enjoying the game so far and hope it doesn't get old like EQ2/SWtOR, though they are much more different than D3! I don't remember my battlenet name, it's something like Taboo#"numbers", I currently have a 13 Monk named Taboo.

MoreCowBell87
05-17-2012, 11:30 AM
OK so I never played Diablo II... how does the online play work? Can we group up as MPs? It doesn't seem like you get a server selection...

SouthtownSlayer
05-17-2012, 11:43 AM
OK so I never played Diablo II... how does the online play work? Can we group up as MPs? It doesn't seem like you get a server selection...

If you have someone as your friend it will show up in the bottom right corner that they are online and you should be able to join them that way, though I think if they are playing they have to make the game open to public but not sure if it bypasses that measure if they are on your "friends list".

MoreCowBell87
05-17-2012, 11:59 AM

If you have someone as your friend it will show up in the bottom right corner that they are online and you should be able to join them that way, though I think if they are playing they have to make the game open to public but not sure if it bypasses that measure if they are on your "friends list".

Sweet I'm hoping grind out some levels tonight.

dinsdale1978
05-17-2012, 02:18 PM
To find your BattleTag, go to http://www.battlenet.com and log in to your account. On the Account page you can find your BattleTag and make sure you include the # portion.

BattleTags - Forum Name

Badgerute
05-17-2012, 02:46 PM
To find your BattleTag, go to http://www.battlenet.com and log in to your account. On the Account page you can find your BattleTag and make sure you include the # portion.

BattleTags - Forum Name

my battletag is Badgerute#1114 -- I take it my forum name is Toast

dinsdale1978
05-17-2012, 03:08 PM

BattleTags - Forum Name

my battletag is Badgerute#1114 -- I take it my forum name is Toast

It may be your character name. Not sure.

MoreCowBell87
05-17-2012, 04:03 PM
My battle tag is MoreCowBell8#1122

theczech99
05-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Mine is theczech99#1675

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this one.

SouthtownSlayer
05-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Taboo#1706 is my battletag

SouthtownSlayer
05-17-2012, 08:39 PM
The freaking cut scene for Act II is pretty bad a$$!!! 16 monk finally!!

theczech99
05-18-2012, 12:50 AM
Just got done with a 5hr gaming secession. It was all co-op with dinsdale. I'm not sure if that follows the main storyline or not. I did manage to make it to level 15 with my demon hunter Isaac.

SouthtownSlayer
05-18-2012, 06:55 AM
Just got done with a 5hr gaming secession. It was all co-op with dinsdale. I'm not sure if that follows the main storyline or not. I did manage to make it to level 15 with my demon hunter Isaac.

Nice!!! We're definitely going to have to group up! I'm loving the monk class, have you guys started working on the trade skills? I'm currently lvl 2 and able to make lvl 19 armor / weapons, kind of leveling it up with conjunction with my adventure level. I'll tell you one thing though, it get's pretty expensive!

theczech99
05-18-2012, 08:05 AM

Nice!!! We're definitely going to have to group up! I'm loving the monk class, have you guys started working on the trade skills? I'm currently lvl 2 and able to make lvl 19 armor / weapons, kind of leveling it up with conjunction with my adventure level. I'll tell you one thing though, it get's pretty expensive!
I saw you were on this morn. I'm off today so I can attend my girls' field day. As I opened up the game I noticed it never fully downloaded. I guess it works like the ps3, if you play a game with a DL running the DL is paused until you shut he game off. I only had about %70 DL last night and the game still ran very smooth on the new PC with everything set on high. At one point there were 3 of us playing together an thought you might join us.

I used my Tritton headset last night and it seemed to work well. I need to check the settings because the sound was coming through the USB instead of the optical cable.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?f5ut1n

SouthtownSlayer
05-18-2012, 09:08 AM

I saw you were on this morn. I'm off today so I can attend my girls' field day. As I opened up the game I noticed it never fully downloaded. I guess it works like the ps3, if you play a game with a DL running the DL is paused until you shut he game off. I only had about %70 DL last night and the game still ran very smooth on the new PC with everything set on high. At one point there were 3 of us playing together an thought you might join us.

I used my Tritton headset last night and it seemed to work well. I need to check the settings because the sound was coming through the USB instead of the optical cable.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?f5ut1n

I noticed that as well when I first installed the game, I was so anxious to play the game so when it said "play" I clicked it thinking it would download in the background. This morning I jumped on to see what level you guys got to last night and damn you really pushed through to level 15!! I was going to join you guys but didn't know if the level difference would matter or not and well I was so caught up into finishing Act I that I didn't look into it. I have some Trittons I think I'm going to start using with my PC, kinda interested in how they might sound!

Badgerute
05-18-2012, 09:19 AM
I'm very bad when it comes to figuring out tech, so maybe you know -- the turtlebeach headphones I have, will they work on the computer. I run an optical line from the ps3 to them with a usb plugged into the ps3 for power. does it work the same way with my computer? I don't even know if there's a slot for the optical to plug into on the computer.

Badgerute
05-18-2012, 09:21 AM
Czech, I've got a night like you had a while back. Wife is taking the kids to nieces birthday and said I didn't have to go. So I'm not. She's probably staying over at her folks, so for a large part of saturday and sunday, im free. there's going to be an obscene amount of diablo, bf3, and sniper elite being played.

dinsdale1978
05-18-2012, 10:11 AM
I'm very bad when it comes to figuring out tech, so maybe you know -- the turtlebeach headphones I have, will they work on the computer. I run an optical line from the ps3 to them with a usb plugged into the ps3 for power. does it work the same way with my computer? I don't even know if there's a slot for the optical to plug into on the computer.

All you need is the USB cable and it should work. The optical to the PS3 gives you the 5.1 Dolby and the USB works the mic on the PS3. It will be both output and input for the PC.

theczech99
05-18-2012, 10:36 AM

All you need is the USB cable and it should work. The optical to the PS3 gives you the 5.1 Dolby and the USB works the mic on the PS3. It will be both output and input for the PC.
I may just hook my TB headset to the PC and leave the Tritton on the ps3. I don't want to keep switching them around as I change systems.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5ocgmf

dinsdale1978
05-18-2012, 11:00 AM
I bought a pair of Sony MDR-V6 for editing videos and listening to music. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00001WRSJ/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00 The bass is very satisfying in these compared to my Tritton's. They don't have a mic so I end up using my Shure recording mic through my mixing board for my audio input. Since I use that mic for audio commentaries it is always ready to go for PC action.

theczech99
05-19-2012, 02:04 PM
It took me a few tries but I finally got my tritton headset properly hooked up to the PC. All game sounds come through the optical and chat through the USB. This game sounds really good in 5.1!

theczech99
05-19-2012, 06:28 PM
I played some of ACT II with southtown last night. I didn't know where my story would pick up but it continued right where we ended last night. I continued on until I had to go meet the emperor which I haven't finished yet. I made it to him but couldn't pass the boss fight it triggers. If I don't drink too much at our friends' house tonight I'll try again when I get back home.

This game is a good break from BF3 but still not sure i could see myself falling in love with something like this. When the Elder Scrolls MMO comes out I will for sure give it a try too.

SouthtownSlayer
05-20-2012, 10:14 AM
I played some of ACT II with southtown last night. I didn't know where my story would pick up but it continued right where we ended last night. I continued on until I had to go meet the emperor which I haven't finished yet. I made it to him but couldn't pass the boss fight it triggers. If I don't drink too much at our friends' house tonight I'll try again when I get back home.

This game is a good break from BF3 but still not sure i could see myself falling in love with something like this. When the Elder Scrolls MMO comes out I will for sure give it a try too.

Just finished ACT II last night and stopped at the beginning of ACT III, I was freaking dragging a$$ the next day at work from the run we made the night before! I ended up getting to bed about 0130 and waking up at 0530 to head into work, was definitely a fun evening though!! Last night I finally unlocked the jeweler dood and can now make a variety of stones to mount into gear!

theczech99
05-21-2012, 07:15 AM
I can't get past the freaking little Emperor! After my PS3 froze as the last game of the clan battle ended I fired up D3. I played for about 45 minutes and got nowhere except leveling up again. This boss battle reminds me of some of the ones in GoW3.

I'm not playing anything else until I get past this boss.

dinsdale1978
05-21-2012, 08:06 AM
I can't get past the freaking little Emperor! After my PS3 froze as the last game of the clan battle ended I fired up D3. I played for about 45 minutes and got nowhere except leveling up again. This boss battle reminds me of some of the ones in GoW3.

I guess I need to power level to help you out.

theczech99
05-21-2012, 08:54 AM

I guess I need to power level to help you out.
I just talked to a friend at work and he gave me some advice on this boss fight. He said he already has two characters in the 40s :-o working on act 4 so he should know what he's talking about. My friend suggested I use the Templar. He said he can heal you when injured. I tried using him a few times but never was healed, probably because I didn’t realize you had to assign their skills too. #-o I’ll be all over this ASAP when I get home today. :!!

Are any other PC gamers still planning on picking this up?

SouthtownSlayer
05-21-2012, 02:31 PM
Congratulation :party: you have defeated Diablo III more adventure and epic items await you in Nightmare mode! :devil: :devil:

theczech99
05-22-2012, 07:28 AM
Last night I jumped right into playing D3 at the first chance I had to play games. With the help my friend at work offered and now knowing how to skip all the little cut scenes I finally finished ActII. I played for a little while longer until I decided to play some of my gamefly games that I received Saturday. So far I really like ActIII, it’s full of action!

sam007
05-22-2012, 02:09 PM
So how many MP's are playing this and which server are you guys on?

Anyway of having all active players names listed on the first page like the rest of the games we play online? So much easier to scan the first page than dig through the pages to find active players. Just a suggestions as I counted 4-5 MP's playing this.

dinsdale1978
05-22-2012, 02:19 PM

Anyway of having all active players names listed on the first page like the rest of the games we play online? So much easier to scan the first page than dig through the pages to find active players. Just a suggestions as I counted 4-5 MP's playing this.

I can't make posts sticky at my level but we can use your original post for it. There aren't servers like in SWTOR. Basically there are US servers and you join games with your friends. I don't think they have turned on all the features yet either. So now is a good time to get in and start gathering loot.

sam007
05-22-2012, 02:22 PM

I can't make posts sticky at my level but we can use your original post for it. There aren't servers like in SWTOR. Basically there are US servers and you join games with your friends. I don't think they have turned on all the features yet either. So now is a good time to get in and start gathering loot.

Ah that makes LIFE so much easier since there are not dedicated servers for the characters created, so we should see Dins level up to 20 and then vanish like a bad smell. =)) =)) =))

Fine, I'll edit my first post to make everyone's life easier. 8-| JK

sam007
05-22-2012, 02:29 PM
If I have missed anyone, PM me to get your name added.

theczech99
05-22-2012, 02:30 PM
Any MP's interested in this game?

Active Player's List

Battlenet ID - Forum ID

Badgerute#1114 - BadgerUte
MoreCowBell8#1122 - MoreCowBell87
theczech99#1675 - theczech99
Taboo#1706 - SouthtownSlayer
where is your name? :-w

sam007
05-22-2012, 02:35 PM
Still have not gotten it yet. I'm pondering getting a Weber One Touch Gold charcoal grill. :-?

dinsdale1978
05-25-2012, 10:02 AM
I just found that hitting the auction house for +exp gear makes a ton of difference in getting levels fast. My Barbarian now has 98% exp from all the stacked gear.

sam007
05-25-2012, 10:57 AM
I still don't have a copy but what would be a good class to play? Ranged or melee? My reaction skills not so great and my understanding is this game at tougher levels can get really chaotic correct?

For SWTOR, it was hard for me to play a melee character so I went with ranged and found that easier to play, gave me a little more time to think and react.

dinsdale1978
05-25-2012, 11:19 AM
I still don't have a copy but what would be a good class to play? Ranged or melee? My reaction skills not so great and my understanding is this game at tougher levels can get really chaotic correct?

For SWTOR, it was hard for me to play a melee character so I went with ranged and found that easier to play, gave me a little more time to think and react.

Barbarian is the tank/melee/crowd control. Demon Hunter sets area of effect traps, fires projectiles, and can be more mobile. Witch Doctor has minions, causes status effects (fear, poison, etc), and shoots darts. Monks do melee to gain spirit, has some buff spells, and can heal the party. Wizard does massive damage after level 25, can freeze crowds, and is predominantly ranged with spells.

Demon Hunter might be good for you. All the classes are fun and destroying huge groups of demons is just so rewarding.

sam007
05-25-2012, 11:24 AM
The Witch Doctor and Demon Hunter sound like a cool class with their abilities.

dinsdale1978
05-25-2012, 11:44 AM
The Witch Doctor and Demon Hunter sound like a cool class with their abilities.

Witch Doctor throws jars of spiders. I was giddy when I saw it for the first time. There are tons of cool abilities that you don't see until your second playthrough.

sam007
05-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Yeah, I saw some game play video on youtube, kinda "horrifying" if you have arachnophobia.

The Monk looks cool too, you guys made more than one character as well?

dinsdale1978
05-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Yeah, I saw some game play video on youtube, kinda "horrifying" if you have arachnophobia.

The Monk looks cool too, you guys made more than one character as well?

I have one of each at this point.

theczech99
05-25-2012, 12:47 PM
.The Monk looks cool too, you guys made more than one character as well?
I only have 2, a demon hunter at level 29? and a very low level witch doctor.

sam007
05-25-2012, 02:39 PM
You guys gonna post some game play?

dinsdale1978
05-25-2012, 03:13 PM
You guys gonna post some game play?

I may do some boss battles but recording PC takes up a huge amount of space and I am running out at the moment.

sam007
05-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Downloading right now! I decided to go with the digital version, those pesky CD cases lying around clutters the house.

theczech99
05-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Downloading right now! I decided to go with the digital version, those pesky CD cases lying around clutters the house.
I sent a friend request to you.

sam007
05-25-2012, 05:49 PM
70% done as of right now, I'll log in when I get a chance.

sam007
05-25-2012, 06:36 PM
OK, what am I missing or doing wrong that's preventing me from logging in?

sam007
05-25-2012, 06:44 PM
I am retarded! :blush:

theczech99
05-25-2012, 06:46 PM
OK, what am I missing or doing wrong that's preventing me from logging in?
Not sure. Maybe check your PW and account name on the battle net site. :-? I'm taking the kids out to play for a few mins, I will be back to see if you got in later. I'll join you with my low level character if you're on.

sam007
05-26-2012, 07:53 AM
Thanks Dins for the invite, really helped with my characters leveling up, but what about Act 1, I have yet to complete it and I'm onto Act 2. I can't even remember where I left Act 1. :-\

Should I go back or just grind forward with Act 2?

Just like SWTOR, I'm sure there are many features I am missing out on.

SouthtownSlayer
05-26-2012, 10:07 AM
38 Monk and really enjoy it, the monk is sort of a healer class who can dps. Lately I've been hitting up th Nightmare mode solo or if I get bored I jump into a public game. There has been only one time I've run into a doucher who was AFK the whole time. The group ended up kicking him from the game.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

dinsdale1978
05-26-2012, 10:58 AM
I am making my way to nightmare. I have been buying stuff from the auction house about every five levels. Enemies can't touch me.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

theczech99
05-27-2012, 08:19 AM
I finished on normal last night and went right into nightmare. :party:

sam007
05-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Nice, I got your message last night, was killing mobs with Dins and our low level characters.

We gonna get into a 4 man group and do it up sometime?

SouthtownSlayer
05-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Ill be on today bout 7pm est, currently sitting in the atlanta airport waiting for my flight back to baltimore.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

theczech99
05-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Nice, I got your message last night, was killing mobs with Dins and our low level characters.

We gonna get into a 4 man group and do it up sometime?
Sounds good to me! I wanted to join one of you once i finished the game but it was getting late so I just went to bed.

sam007
05-27-2012, 01:44 PM
Auction house, how does it work? I did a BUYOUT purchase but have no clue where the item is, does it take time like SWTOR to show up in your "inbox"?

theczech99
05-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Auction house, how does it work? I did a BUYOUT purchase but have no clue where the item is, does it take time like SWTOR to show up in your "inbox"?
you have to send the item from the auction house to your in game storage chest. You just need to make sure the chest has room for what you're adding.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?jmvykm

sam007
05-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Thanks dude, its just like SWTOR, it takes time to receive the item once you purchase it.

The more I learn about all the features about this game, the more its sucking me in! :cuss: The fact its "free" to play unlike SWTOR is a real plus.

Beano is falling behind if he does not get on his horse!

But I am looking forward to killing some MOBS with you guys when I get through the acts in normal mode. I hope I made the right choice with the Witch Doctor cause I have a Mage as well in the works.

Just like SWTOR, I'm installing a copy on my laptop so I can spend time in bed with the wife and shop the auction house at the same time. :cheers:

theczech99
05-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Thanks dude, its just like SWTOR, it takes time to receive the item once you purchase it.

The more I learn about all the features about this game, the more its sucking me in! :cuss: The fact its "free" to play unlike SWTOR is a real plus.

Beano is falling behind if he does not get on his horse!

But I am looking forward to killing some MOBS with you guys when I get through the acts in normal mode. I hope I made the right choice with the Witch Doctor cause I have a Mage as well in the works.

Just like SWTOR, I'm installing a copy on my laptop so I can spend time in bed with the wife and shop the auction house at the same time. :cheers:
I've really enjoyed Diablo 3 for my first PC game. I like that there is very little loading time when starting the game. It make jumping on and off a breeze!

I just got Alan Wake to try out too. Amazon and Origin have the PC collection on sale this weekend.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?sqzq1m

sam007
05-28-2012, 02:04 AM
Fun times tonight with Dins and Czech, just like BF3, sans la rage. :-B

The laptop is no dice, unsupported video card wont even get the game to start.

It's gonna suck for you Dins, having to redo that last stage in Act 2 from what Czech told me with your monk. "We'll be right there", when the phone rings. =)) =)) =))

I've moved onto Act 3, lvl 25, so it will be time to hit the auction house tomorrow. We had out holiday last weekend.

theczech99
05-29-2012, 08:44 AM
How far did everyone make it in nightmare last night after I left?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5k4fkk

SouthtownSlayer
05-29-2012, 09:51 AM

---

I logged off when you did, but originally on ACT III of nightmare almost into ACT IV (I think). Sorry I didn't jump into Skype with you guys, was watching Hatfields & McCoys on History channel and didn't want the show to play over my mic and annoy you guys. Is there a push-to-talk option in Skype? I've always used Ventrilo so not very tech savvy with Skype.

dinsdale1978
05-29-2012, 10:08 AM

---

We all kinda logged at that point. I went back and levelled a lower toon a bit. I need to evaluate my Auctions a bit more. I have been trashing some good things and need to get some cash to buy items.

theczech99
05-29-2012, 12:38 PM
Check out #3. A friend at work told me about this one.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog% ... Diablo_III (http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog%3AMarkvA/10_Things_You_Didn%27t_Know_about_Diablo_III)

sam007
05-29-2012, 01:51 PM
@Dins, I go by a "sell value" of 300+ worth considering to sell on the market.

< 100, I salvage for parts, between 100-200 I sell for credits.

Some of those crafting items need lots of material so its finding the right balance of getting resources and gold.

I don;t know how players can level up to 60 in 2 days, I spent all day yesterday from morning till night just to complete normal mode.

dinsdale1978
05-29-2012, 01:59 PM
@Dins, I go by a "sell value" of 300+ worth considering to sell on the market.

< 100, I salvage for parts, between 100-200 I sell for credits.

Some of those crafting items need lots of material so its finding the right balance of getting resources and gold.

I don;t know how players can level up to 60 in 2 days, I spent all day yesterday from morning till night just to complete normal mode.

From what I have been seeing and reading, you need to pay attention to stats and less about value. People are selling Nightmare blues for millions if the stats are good. Like a +Strength sword or a +Vitality shield.

sam007
05-29-2012, 02:04 PM
I hardly think lvl 30 gear will sell for millions. :-\ I assume it the higher level gear.

But has anyone else had an issue loading D3 after the patch?

My program is stuck on "updating tools 0%"

I've tried rebooting the computer, same issue. :cuss:

sam007
05-29-2012, 02:10 PM
:cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

BLZAPPBTS0000F
Failed to open a required file. Please check your internet connection and try again.
There may be corrupt or damaged files on your game disc or in your previous game client download. Try downloading the installer again. Check that no security programs are blocking the game from accessing the servers. See: Firewall, Router, Proxy, and Ports and Game Downloads.

dinsdale1978
05-29-2012, 02:23 PM
The servers are down.

Borlaxx
05-29-2012, 02:50 PM
The servers are down.
Welcome to "always-on DRM," where the gamer who paid for the game is required to have a constant network connection......but the developer is under no such requirement.

dinsdale1978
05-29-2012, 03:15 PM
The servers are down.
Welcome to "always-on DRM," where the gamer who paid for the game is required to have a constant network connection......but the developer is under no such requirement.

To be fair, they are fixing an auction house issue and the game is smooth to jump in and out of games. Plus this reduces hackers and maintains an up to date security authentication. So yeah, that sucks to not have it ready when I am but that is the future of online gaming.

Borlaxx
05-29-2012, 03:21 PM
I know it is the future of online gaming (and even traditional games have servers go down sometimes), but I am just not a fan of this future, and if it wasn't for the fact that you all and other friends are playing this game, I would be hoping for it to fail so others think twice about this always-on DRM stuff.

sam007
05-29-2012, 04:52 PM
http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/request-for-system-files-dxdiag-msinfo-and-error-reports

Just in case you guys have the same issue as its giving me a different error after I uninstalled, deleted the folders. :cuss:

Let's hope its a server thing right now.

sam007
05-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Dins is right, its a server issue.

At least let the players know the servers are down with a page to let us know the status of the servers.

Or is there and I'm just blind. B-)

sam007
05-29-2012, 05:35 PM
OK, now that most of us has completed the story in normal mode, what is "power leveling", that is what my friend's brother told me cause he managed to get to 60 in two days.

How can we play in harder game modes besides Nightmare? Complete that level to get access to Hell and Inferno?

theczech99
05-29-2012, 05:46 PM
I just wanted to check the freaking auction house! Now I'm off to a HS graduation and probably won't be back home until 11pm.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rxzemo

sam007
05-29-2012, 05:53 PM
http://us.battle.net/support/en/blog/6069091

theczech99
05-29-2012, 07:08 PM
http://us.battle.net/support/en/blog/6069091
this is what I got when trying to log on.

Please update when you are able to get in. I may troll Skype to see if I can find y'all there too.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?afnqdg

sam007
05-29-2012, 10:00 PM
What to do about gems? Keep a good supply or keep upgrading each time there are enough?

Beano
05-30-2012, 01:34 AM
Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click

Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click ClickClickClickClickClickClickClick
ClickClickClickClickClickClickClick

[rest fingers] Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click

That is all ;)

theczech99
05-30-2012, 07:01 AM

Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click ClickClickClickClickClickClickClick

[rest fingers] Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click Click

That is all ;)
:-? I see, you play like dinsdale! =)) I prefer to just hold the buttons down instead of clicking nonstop.

sam007
05-30-2012, 08:12 AM

That is all ;)

\m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/ \m/

dinsdale1978
05-30-2012, 08:39 AM
I need some new computer accessories cause my right wrist is getting sore. And this in a week without any new Kate Upton pics means it was too much Diablo.

SouthtownSlayer
05-30-2012, 09:13 AM
I need some new computer accessories cause my right wrist is getting sore. And this in a week without any new Kate Upton pics means it was too much Diablo.

=)) =)) =)) True so freaking true!!!

sam007
05-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Anthro Adjusta Unit http://www.anthro.com/computer-furniture.aspx?desk=fit-adjusta

Herman Miller Areon Chair http://www.hermanmiller.com/products/seating/work-chairs/aeron-chairs.html

Gunnar Optics http://www.gunnars.com/

= HOURS of pain free mouse clicking!

I heard your chair last night and it sounds PAINFUL sitting on that thing Dins.

You should have seen Wa11y's old gaming setup, hunched over the kitchen table

Post some Kate Upton photos. =))

theczech99
05-30-2012, 01:34 PM
If you’re using a desk and desk chair you need to catch up with the times because yo shit is old school! I play sitting on my sofa using a 60” flat panel TV that’s mounted on the wall for my monitor. The sofa has large squared off arms that I use the mouse on and I rest the keyboard on my lap. The only problem with this is I can get too comfortable and start falling asleep while playing.

HardlyCapable13
05-30-2012, 02:48 PM
I play sitting on my sofa using a 60” flat panel TV that’s mounted on the wall for my monitor. The sofa has large squared off arms that I use the mouse on and I rest the keyboard on my lap.

Sounds like my brothers poker setup, except he has two 42" monitors, that way he can have 20+ tables going at once.

SouthtownSlayer
05-31-2012, 06:56 AM
Taken from the MP1st website:

Below is a list of hot fix notes for changes that have already gone live in the past few days (thanks, Eurogamer).

Note: There may be a few spoilers ahead for those who have not completed Diablo III on normal difficulty yet.

Monsters:

Mehtan the Necromancer and his skeletons can no longer be used to kill other monsters which have been kited to their location before or after the “Restless Sands” event.

General:
Players will now receive an error message when attempting to remove a gem from an item with no sockets (rather than disconnecting).
Players will now properly have their casting interrupted when attacked while performing resurrect on a fallen group member.
Resolved over 30 game and service crashes affecting players.

Classes:

Demon Hunter:
Active Skills:
Smoke Screen: Duration reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second (tooltip will still show 2 seconds).
Skill Rune – Lingering Fog: Now increases the duration of Smoke Screen to 1.5 seconds (tooltip will still show 3 seconds).

Monk:
Active Skills:
Fists of Thunder: Skill Rune - Quickening. Fixed an issue that was causing spirit regeneration to incorrectly trigger off critical hits from other sources, such as Sweeping Wind.
Mantra of Healing: Mantra of Healing will now correctly provide only two times the base healing effect for the first 3 seconds after activation, down from four times the base healing effect (tooltip will still show the old value).
Skill Rune - Boon of Protection. A maximum absorption amount has been set to 1000 Life. This skill will be redesigned in an upcoming patch.

Wizard:
Active Skills:
Arcane Torrent: Skill Rune – Cascade. Fixed an issue that was causing Arcane Torrent to fire 3 new missiles per kill instead of only 1 new missile per kill. Number of simultaneously missiles generated from this rune will now cap at 10 missiles.
Energy Armor: Skill Rune – Force Armor. Amount of damage absorbed from a single attack will now cap at 100% of a player’s maximum Life.
Items:

The chest spawn in the Town Cellar in Alcanus has been changed from a 100% chance to spawn a Resplendant chest to a 50% chance to spawn a Normal chest.
Players can no longer dual-wield two-handed weapons.
Classes:

Monk:
Active Skills:
Serenity: Skill Rune – Tranquility. Duration of immunity granted to nearby allies from crowd control effects reduced from 2 seconds to 1 second.

Encounters:
Players will no longer remain invulnerable to attacks after defeating Diablo.
Players can no longer become stuck during Diablo’s Shadow Grab ability if a player blinds Diablo while Shadow Grab is being cast.
Items:

Equipping a shield on a follower as a demon hunter will no longer disconnect you from the game.

Quests:
[spoiler:oekp3k1n]Act I: Players can now always interact with Karyna during the quest and quest step “Trailing the Coven : Talk to Karyna” when they resume from a save.
Act II: The Enchantress will now always appear during the quest and quest step “Shadows in the Desert : Disrupt the Hidden Conclave.”
Act IV: Tyrael will now always be present for the in-game cutscene during the quest and quest step “Prime Evil : Climb to the Pinnacle of Heaven in the Silver Spire.”[/spoiler:oekp3k1n]

SouthtownSlayer
05-31-2012, 12:13 PM
If I were to rent a ventrilo server would you guys use it or do you prefer Skype? I've had problems with feedback on skype and the inability to push-to-talk really annoys me (don't think you guys want to hear my wife nag me in the background). Rentin a server is pretty inexpensive and I don't have any issues spending the funds, just want to make sure it will be used.

@czech - sorry for the deaths last night man hope your repairs didn't cost you an arm and a leg. :( I was trying to push through ACT III nightmare not realizing that you were getting pounded.

dinsdale1978
05-31-2012, 12:34 PM
If I were to rent a ventrilo server would you guys use it or do you prefer Skype? I've had problems with feedback on skype and the inability to push-to-talk really annoys me (don't think you guys want to hear my wife nag me in the background). Rentin a server is pretty inexpensive and I don't have any issues spending the funds, just want to make sure it will be used.

@czech - sorry for the deaths last night man hope your repairs didn't cost you an arm and a leg. :( I was trying to push through ACT III nightmare not realizing that you were getting pounded.

I'm down for a vent server. We could use it for other games as well. Let me know if you have a way to let me chip in. And sooner or later we will catch up to you.

sam007
05-31-2012, 02:20 PM
Anyone else have SUPER slow loading issues after the patch? I can't even get the game to load anymore! :cuss:

sam007
05-31-2012, 04:12 PM
This is getting old!

http://screencast.com/t/helakhZT

SouthtownSlayer
05-31-2012, 04:32 PM
This is getting old!

http://screencast.com/t/helakhZT

There was a patch today, not sure if that's why you couldn't log in but I'm in now.

Gonna use a server that I purchased when I played SWtoR, there are still a few of my close friends that use the server to play this game but don't worry they are great peeps and very friendly. The server is a 15 slot server and I have separated it with a SWtoR channel and D3 channel. Feel free to use it!

IP Address: 173.192.87.37
Port: 11304
PW: DreadSWtOR

sam007
05-31-2012, 04:56 PM
This solved my slow loading issue.

I had 1 of 5 diamonds for connection before I did this.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battlenet-update-agent

OK, just how complicated is it to get Ventrillo up and running with all those numbers to input?

theczech99
05-31-2012, 05:09 PM
One hit from anything killed me! b-( I did collect some good drops in the few minutes I joined you. :party:

dinsdale1978
05-31-2012, 06:25 PM

OK, just how complicated is it to get Ventrillo up and running with all those numbers to input?

It's not hard. Just like setting up an FTP.

SouthtownSlayer
05-31-2012, 06:46 PM

It's not hard. Just like setting up an FTP.

[yt:d7w9qb0a]tzPtst-tpJc[/yt:d7w9qb0a]

sam007
05-31-2012, 07:22 PM
Ah, I remember Ventrilo, I had installed it for a BF3 clan I was gonna join for PC, but they disbanded. I had to SING "I'm a little tea pot" to get in. :cuss:

They knew I was Canadian the moment I said "stout". =))

SouthtownSlayer
05-31-2012, 07:30 PM
Ah, I remember Ventrilo, I had installed it for a BF3 clan I was gonna join for PC, but they disbanded. I had to SING "I'm a little tea pot" to get in. :cuss:

They knew I was Canadian the moment I said "stout". =))

OMG now that would've been fun hearing that one!! =)) =))

theczech99
06-01-2012, 09:24 AM
I only played for about 2hrs last night but it was very productive.  I finally started increasing my vitality.  My demon hunter started off the night with 2600 health and ended with a little over 5900.  I also increased my damage and armor by 200.  Now I’m figuring out what to look for in armor I will hopefully be able to build a character that will survive after receiving one hit. 

dinsdale1978
06-01-2012, 09:54 AM
I have heard of a great warrior named Beano. The hordes of hell may tremble if he were to enter the fray. :devil: :-o :D

SouthtownSlayer
06-01-2012, 09:56 AM
I only played for about 2hrs last night but it was very productive.  I finally started increasing my vitality.  My demon hunter started off the night with 2600 health and ended with a little over 5900.  I also increased my damage and armor by 200.  Now I’m figuring out what to look for in armor I will hopefully be able to build a character that will survive after receiving one hit. 

That's great! When you start getting closer to finishing Nightmare mode you'll start getting much better gear, I currently keep my HP over 13k. My Armor goes up and down based on my buff that I use, but I honestly can't remember where it's sitting at at the moment. Lately I've been pushing hard through nightmare to finally get into hell so I can have the opportunity at better loots, once done with hell I'll probably get to a point in Inferno where I can farm loot.

Had me and Beans on vent last night with no issues, if you guys need assistance with it hit me up or check out the video I posted in this thread. The push-to-talk and zero feedback make it soooo much more enjoyable! :D

dinsdale1978
06-01-2012, 10:01 AM

That's great! When you start getting closer to finishing Nightmare mode you'll start getting much better gear, I currently keep my HP over 13k. My Armor goes up and down based on my buff that I use, but I honestly can't remember where it's sitting at at the moment. Lately I've been pushing hard through nightmare to finally get into hell so I can have the opportunity at better loots, once done with hell I'll probably get to a point in Inferno where I can farm loot.

Had me and Beans on vent last night with no issues, if you guys need assistance with it hit me up or check out the video I posted in this thread. The push-to-talk and zero feedback make it soooo much more enjoyable! :D

I set it up and logged in but had to put my little one to bed last night. Then I ended up zonking out and didn't wake up until 3 in the morning. If only it was a Friday night... :))

theczech99
06-01-2012, 10:25 AM
I have heard of a great warrior named Beano. The hordes of hell may tremble if he were to enter the fray. :devil: :-o :D
This Beano guy is full of shit! I doubt he'll ever pick this up because he's been playing some gay PS3 game. =))

sam007
06-03-2012, 12:45 PM
I just had to post, I am officially hooked to this game!

And Czech has joined the Hell mode group last night, Dins on the other hand has some grinding to do before he may join in on the fun in Hell.

Last night I recorded about 15 seconds of Dins and I being dead, with Czech running around till he gets one hit and drops dead.

For Hell, I'll start recording. It should be fun to see a full group running away from those gold level mobs crying like a bunch of little girls. =))

sam007
06-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Think having to PTT will be easy to get relevant info to each other? Its a new muscle memory that would have to learned and rebinding the keys.

sam007
06-03-2012, 01:17 PM
@Czech

Put on your finest gold find gear and never go broke ever again. =))

[yt:zo1wtfkj]6z_jqAbtbB0[/yt:zo1wtfkj]

theczech99
06-03-2012, 01:38 PM
Think having to PTT will be easy to get relevant info to each other? Its a new muscle memory that would have to learned and rebinding the keys.
I'll install the program next time I get ready to play. I'm not sure if I'll be on tonight because we are hosting a party at 3pm and don't know how long everyone will be here. I may be to tired to play after all the clean up is done. :sigh:

sam007
06-03-2012, 04:44 PM
My latest "value" find from the market.

If you guys are sticking with this long term, better start saving your gold for farming gear. ;)

I'm slowly putting in bids now and opening the wallet. :blush:

SouthtownSlayer
06-03-2012, 06:57 PM
That is some really nice gear!!! What's the buy out on it?

sam007
06-04-2012, 02:45 PM
That is some really nice gear!!! What's the buy out on it?

5k.

I've officially hit a wall in hell difficulty, Act 1, scene 8. Those elite mobs are raping me. I've got 1 mil in gold, lvl. 55. Gonna do some farming and leveling with you guys when you log on.

About Gold Find gear, no matter what level it is, KEEP IT!!! They are used to farm chests. I've sold some low level ones which I wish I did not cause they ask for 5000 with about an 8% buff.

Some very "profitable" gear combos are pick up radius with speed boost boots.

Gold find with open socket(s) Magic find with open socket(s). I think these are primarily head gear.

Wally is my source for all this.

sam007
06-05-2012, 01:52 PM
South said there is an option to turn off PTT so we can once again hear each others breathing again. =))

sam007
06-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Some kit loaned to me by a good friend.

My damage went from 4000 to over 6000 and I'm still pushing over 21k HP.

sam007
06-06-2012, 10:08 AM
[yt:121cqx0z]nxVGG7vzlU4[/yt:121cqx0z]

I did this with a set of GF gear about 85% I think and got about 5k from one run on Nightmare.

sam007
06-06-2012, 12:45 PM
You know you're addicted to this game when you have the program pinned to your task bar. =))

SouthtownSlayer
06-06-2012, 12:53 PM
LOL...no comment!!

sam007
06-07-2012, 05:16 PM
[yt:2p6w15vx]rmSKaCx8w1g[/yt:2p6w15vx]

Borlaxx
06-08-2012, 08:20 AM
Moved this subforum to the main page since PC gaming seems to be picking up in Team MP.

sam007
06-08-2012, 11:59 AM
This game may be short lived as I've noticed for PC games for us at least, its play a few months, then back to our routes.

theczech99
06-08-2012, 12:57 PM
This game may be short lived as I've noticed for PC games for us at least, its play a few months, then back to our routes.
Will you be playing Diablo or BF tonight/weekend? :-?

sam007
06-08-2012, 01:03 PM
I will be on tonight, not the weekend, going away when I get work done on saturday. I'll see who is on for BF, but will try to get my character to 60 before I leave, at 58.5 right now.

It seems like from lvl 50+, you need to upgrade your gear more frequently as I've got some lvl 55 gear and I'm having troubles at 58.

I've been using a two-handed staff but the attack rate is way too slow, 1.06 compared to 1.4-1.6 which is a one handed weapon, so I've been shopping around for some better gear.

Badgerute
06-14-2012, 08:43 AM
I beat Diablo last night. Is there anything different in nightmare mode, or are the guys just more difficult to kill?

dinsdale1978
06-14-2012, 09:19 AM
That is just the beginning more and better loot and a greater challenge.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

sam007
06-15-2012, 01:00 PM
I got to lvl. 59, hell difficulty, Act 3, and its become a gear issue. Grind for gold to get more gear. It was fun up to that point and no one else is playing so it lost its appeal to me for now.

SouthtownSlayer
06-16-2012, 12:10 PM
I got to lvl. 59, hell difficulty, Act 3, and its become a gear issue. Grind for gold to get more gear. It was fun up to that point and no one else is playing so it lost its appeal to me for now.

I'm sporadic now that BF3 Premium released but not quitting the game, I really enjoy it so not quitting! As of right now I'm doing okay in Nightmare but the gear is definitely a problem. Looks like I'm going to have to farm more gold to get something that will keep me alive longer.