PDA

View Full Version : How was the SP Campaign?

RC-1136
03-01-2012, 03:54 PM
MOH2 has peaked my interest a bit. I was wondering if it is worth picking this up used and playing the SP campaign. It is dirt cheap right now used. Is it worth the time to play it? I really have no interest in the MP at this time.

Retro
03-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Meh. The story and gameplay were good, but it only took slightly over 3 hours to beat the campaign. If the cost to buy it is cheaper than renting, ok but if not I'd say just rent it.

Toxic Avenger72
03-01-2012, 04:15 PM
What Retro said. I would suggest you play it on hard.

Jackie R
03-01-2012, 06:23 PM
The campaign was really short but I did enjoy it. It was one of the few FPS which I have played where I felt that my AI teammates were actually useful (not just dumb bullet sponges that couldn't kill anything).

Retro
03-01-2012, 06:50 PM
I'm hoping they keep the quality of the story and gameplay when the second one comes out in the fall, but just make it longer. When MoH ended I literally stared at the screen after the credits waiting for it bring up the next level. The ending was far too abrupt. I think 8 - 10 hours would be good so long as the quality is maintained.

dinsdale1978
03-01-2012, 07:32 PM
I'm hoping they keep the quality of the story and gameplay when the second one comes out in the fall, but just make it longer. When MoH ended I literally stared at the screen after the credits waiting for it bring up the next level. The ending was far too abrupt. I think 8 - 10 hours would be good so long as the quality is maintained.

I am willing to bet it will be significantly longer. From what I have read there will be several nations represented in their respective special forces units. I doubt they will all overlap into one story but hopefully it will provide enough story to waste a good amount of time following "Mother."

Jackie R
03-02-2012, 07:53 AM
From what I have read there will be several nations represented in their respective special forces units.
I know...they should make a game where another nation (say, North Korea) becomes a powerhouse in Asia and eventually invades the U.S. There is no way a game like that can go wrong. :p
;)

Borlaxx
03-02-2012, 08:32 AM
From what I have read there will be several nations represented in their respective special forces units.
I know...they should make a game where another nation (say, North Korea) becomes a powerhouse in Asia and eventually invades the U.S. There is no way a game like that can go wrong. :p
;)
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Nva_FLbXkbQ/TOVdV6nhHXI/AAAAAAAAAus/Jh3QLU3mGDU/s1600/ohnoyoudidnt.jpg

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

RC-1136
03-02-2012, 10:08 AM
What I was thinking of doing is "Borrowing" it from Gamestop. Buy it used, play it, beat it in less than 7 days and return it. They stuck it up my ass enough times with used games. I don't think they will mind.

Retro
03-02-2012, 10:32 AM
What I was thinking of doing is "Borrowing" it from Gamestop. Buy it used, play it, beat it in less than 7 days and return it. They stuck it up my ass enough times with used games. I don't think they will mind.
You can buy it, beat it and then return it between opening of the store and lunch!

Jackie R
03-02-2012, 12:08 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Nva_FLbXkbQ/TOVdV6nhHXI/AAAAAAAAAus/Jh3QLU3mGDU/s1600/ohnoyoudidnt.jpg

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

:)) :)) :))

http://lolebrity.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Colonel-Hogan-oh-yes-I-did.jpg

johnnyh1976
03-02-2012, 12:58 PM
The SP campaign was one of the best SP campaigns I've played. Although I wish there had been more to it, I enjoyed every minute of it and have gone through several playthroughs.

The MP was not bad but not the greatest either. The maps were too small for 24 players and generated a lot of pointstreak spamming/spawn killing which get old very quickly...spawn...mortar strike....spawn...rockets....spawn..cruise missle.....rage quit...

There was also a lot of sniping and you can actually use an assault rifle with scope and use that to pick of people on the other side of the map. Other than those 2 big gripes the gameplay has your standard deathmatch, domination, search and destroy and Combat Mission which is similar to Battlefield's Rush modes.

I hope they improve on all aspects with the sequel. They are using the Frostbite 2 engine and are sticking with Danger Close as the developer for both the SP and MP so there should be more consistency between the two.

RC-1136
03-02-2012, 01:36 PM
You can buy it, beat it and then return it between opening of the store and lunch!

:)) Might have to do that on my next day off.