PDA

View Full Version : Hunger Games-Novel

RC-1136
03-13-2012, 03:12 PM
I just finished the Hunger Games Novel. It was amazing. I don't even want to see the Movie, because there is no way it could live up to the book. I can't stop thinking about it. Going to buy Catching Fire the 2nd book in the Trilogy tonight. If you are looking for something to read I highly reccomend this.

cubizzle
03-13-2012, 04:02 PM
My wife read the first two books in about 3 days. The third book however just angered her. I'm currently halfway into the first book and I like it well enough. We are both really excited for the movie though as the casting looks spot on, and the trailers really show a good feel for the books.

xMisFitToyx
03-13-2012, 04:40 PM
I just finished the Hunger Games Novel. It was amazing. I don't even want to see the Movie, because there is no way it could live up to the book. I can't stop thinking about it. Going to buy Catching Fire the 2nd book in the Trilogy tonight. If you are looking for something to read I highly reccomend this.

My wife read all 3 ... She would read every night and couldn't seem to put them down and couldn't stop talking about them. She is excited that they are having a midnight showing when the movie comes out. Her and my kids are going to go see the midnight showing.

Psalm
03-13-2012, 05:05 PM
I read it... because my youngest daughter (13) wanted to read the series and I always read thru any series before she does to check for nonsense.
I thought it ws pretty good, not great but ok. I'll probably see the movie on Redbox when it comes out...

BTW, I told my daughter she would have to wait a few years before she could read it...

CELockwood
03-13-2012, 07:46 PM
I read it... because my youngest daughter (13) wanted to read the series and I always read thru any series before she does to check for nonsense.
I thought it ws pretty good, not great but ok. I'll probably see the movie on Redbox when it comes out...

BTW, I told my daughter she would have to wait a few years before she could read it...

I do the same and read all 3. I thought the first one was very good, and the second one less so, and I enjoyed the third the least. It was worth reading.

I must be more lenient than you because I turned them over to my 11 year old son right after finishing. :blush:

RC-1136
03-14-2012, 08:01 AM

I do the same and read all 3. I thought the first one was very good, and the second one less so, and I enjoyed the third the least. It was worth reading.

I must be more lenient than you because I turned them over to my 11 year old son right after finishing. :blush:

I am making my oldest who turns 9 today wait, too. He is addicted to reading and the books are an easy read, but the I feet the themes and the violence are too much for a 3rd grader. I flew through the first book, too. I'm a little disappointed that the other 2 books aren't as good, but I had a funny feeling that the other 2 weren't going to be as good.

I'm already picking out differences from the books I the trailers. That is a huge pet peeve of mine. No Country for Old Men drove me nuts. I will rent the movie, too.