PDA

View Full Version : Ipad

Retro
03-16-2012, 11:28 AM
The most truthful review available. It's a video review that may fall under the NSFW category.

http://gizmodo.com/5893716/the-only-ipad-reviewer-with-enough-balls-to-tell-you-the-stinking-truth

cubizzle
03-16-2012, 11:48 AM
This is freaking hilarious!!!!! We bought our iPad maybe 2 weeks before this was announced so I was a little disappointed I paid the full price for an iPad 2. This is just as bad as the iPhone 4s

Major Stains
03-19-2012, 08:45 PM
Not quite sue what the point of this is, but here are the results of firing an assault rifle at a New iPad.

http://www.cultofmac.com/154743/what-ha ... fle-video/ (http://www.cultofmac.com/154743/what-happens-when-you-shoot-a-new-ipad-with-an-hk53-assault-rifle-video/)

TrojanTeacher
04-10-2012, 10:43 PM
Just bought the new iPad for the wife and she loves it. I don't see too much purpose for it for me, but I am actually posting from it right now. It won't let you do anything really productive, but it does allow you to do things like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and the like with a lot of ease. Will it replace your PC, no. Will it replace your phone, no. Will it give you cool apps for you and the kids to mess around with and learn, yes. Was it worth the money, meh, we'll see. 7/10 for me.

sniperella
04-11-2012, 09:22 AM
They use IPAD's in the SPED classroom that my son is in. Some of the kids have their own IPad's to use as communication devices. $600 is much cheaper than over $10K for a communication device, and the app is free! My son loves to play with it, and they put educational games on it as well as some angry birds and talking tom. They also use it as a reward system. I love my new i-phone so far, that I thought I would hate. I can definitely see the benefits of having and Ipad, however, it will not replace a computer in ability, but it does allow you to link up to a bunch of different really cool apps, and is totally user friendly for someone that can't read (my son). Wes is getting the new Leapster Explorer Pad thingy for his birthday in June, my dad has it hidden away in the gun safe, we found it on sale recently. It is like an Ipad, but will also work with his old leapster games, but has touch screen capability like the ipad and apps too. Not sure if many of you have had the chance to use Leapsters, but my kids loved them. Wes literally wore his out, and has to use sister's pink one until he gets his new one. Anyway, I would love to buy him an Ipad, but not until he older and a bit more responsible! Too bad he is so verbal, or I would sucker the insurance into buying him one as a communication device!!! :-" ;)

TonkaToys
06-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Well... I seem to have won an iPad! :party:

Using it for this post right now. :D

What should I get for it?

HardlyCapable13
06-08-2012, 05:53 PM

Won?

If musical get garage band.

For news get flipboard

Sports get espn score center xl

Astrology get star walk

Google earth is fun

Penultimate for note taking

Allowance, reward and chore tracking for kiddos get iAllowance

Nightstand is good alarm clock for traveling

Photo editing get iPhoto or PS express

If you got directv get their app. Can control receiver and watch tv on iPad

App Tracker tells you what apps are on sale or free for limited time

Major Stains
06-08-2012, 11:28 PM

Congrats Charlie :party: :cheers:

My pad is literally glued to my hand! I love it :D

As HC says, Flipboard is as good as it gets IMO.
I have all my utilities etc. as apps, so I can manage my life on the sofa L-)

And you can find a few apps on here (https://teammp.info/forum/viewforum.php?f=95&sid=a34e24f2ad36976ac0ed1706d3e66c0a) that MPs are currently playing.

And be sure to share your details on the Game Center thread so you can compare stats etc.

Problem is you need to get a Mac and iPhone so your whole life is synced up :-B

Enjoy your prize :applause:

TonkaToys
06-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Cheers Guys!

Flipboard sounds good, and I've already stumbled across the Game Centre for my kids. Logged on as TonkaToysUK (I think). Will check and confirm in the other thread.
Perhaps I'll link Game Centre usage to the kids performance in iAllowance! :-?

I won it because I attended some IT sales webinar. I was looking at email, browsing the net, writing a report - basically not watching the webinar :)) but I did have headphones on and heard something that made me type out a question. In the end I think I asked the only question so they gave me the prize. :cheers: