PDA

View Full Version : Sniper Elite V2

Red Dog 13
04-12-2012, 10:51 AM
Well I have got hooked! The 'Sniper Elite V2' demo is live, not sure everyone will like it, but I am lurving it! Have been exploring all the little alleyways and different ways to bring down the Op4, trip wire mine is fun, and the landmine under the body! My favourite has to be shooting the grenade or mine hanging on the enemy belt, soooooo satisfying LOL!!!!! =)) =)) =)) =))

My pre-order is in, looking forward to some online co-op with some of you!!!!!

Red Dog 13
04-12-2012, 12:23 PM
http://uk.gamespot.com/sniper-elite-v2/ ... ce=6368576 (http://uk.gamespot.com/sniper-elite-v2/videos/killcam-of-the-week-5-sniper-elite-v2-trailer-6367382/?contsessid=603852fe3635fb54b98e00a8f25ebb16&prevBounce=6368576)

Not sure if this will work, but worth a look!

Red Dog 13
04-12-2012, 12:50 PM
http://uk.gamespot.com/sniper-elite-v2/ ... r-6365154/ (http://uk.gamespot.com/sniper-elite-v2/videos/killcam-of-the-week-3-sniper-elite-v2-trailer-6365154/)

=)) =)) =)) =)) =))

Jackie R
04-12-2012, 02:19 PM
I played the demo on the PS3 and while enjoyable (the kill cams were really cool! B-) ), I can't see myself getting into a game where sniping is the main focus.

Red Dog 13
04-12-2012, 05:40 PM
I played the demo on the PS3 and while enjoyable (the kill cams were really cool! B-) ), I can't see myself getting into a game where sniping is the main focus.

Yeh I thought that to start, then I watched the devs video, there is a fair bit more to it, could be a good plot, bit like a WW11 Assasins creed!! lol

Psalm
04-12-2012, 07:21 PM
Is the demo still out on the PS3?

Jackie R
04-13-2012, 06:55 AM
Yep...just came out this week.

xMisFitToyx
04-13-2012, 07:17 AM
[quote="Jackie R":3obbhhcg]I played the demo on the PS3 and while enjoyable (the kill cams were really cool! B-) ), I can't see myself getting into a game where sniping is the main focus.
Yep...just came out this week.[/quote:3obbhhcg]

I saw this thread yesterday, so I downloaded and played this demo last night. It was pretty cool. But, with all the other shooters I have .... I can't see myself getting this.

Red Dog 13
04-17-2012, 04:27 PM
I don't have that many shooters, so I got it on pre-order!

roadrnr
04-17-2012, 05:23 PM
I enjoyed the demo. I'm not sure if I want to pay full retail price for it (I assume $60 USD) but, I can see how much fun shooting nazis in the ball sack can be!

theczech99
05-17-2012, 08:57 AM
I recently saw a PC video of this game and thought it was interesting. Iím getting back in the mood to play some SP games but donít want to spend a lot of money on new games. Gamefly here I come! I was surprised to see there was a PS3 demo available for this game. The demo was fun to play but I sure hope there is more to the story than this simple mission.

This is the PS3 demo I played last night. The demo is less than 800MB so it didn't take long to complete the DL.

[yt:222qpqty]8UPuhnPtexU[/yt:222qpqty]

theczech99
05-17-2012, 09:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/user/NextGenTactics/feed

Spiderbite of NGT played this game and recorded a lot of footage on it... thought i would provide you a link
Thanks for the link. I was thinking about getting it for my PC but Iíve read some of the MP is Co-Op. I would prefer to play with MPs than random people I donít know.

CB-40
05-17-2012, 09:27 AM
Have downloaded the demo but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

Phantom
05-20-2012, 01:07 AM
Hi all! Have now got this game and it is freaking awesome (but then I've always been a :-B for sniper games)! The gameplay is smooth, the x-ray kilcam is top notch.

Is anyone else getting (or already got) this one?

Ciao

Spike Forehand
05-20-2012, 02:51 PM
I've played the demo through a couple of times and really like it so I may pick this game up. Will post a review when and if I do. Demo is def worth a couple of run-throughs. Only takes about 15 minutes.

One thing I noticed is that you'll run through the ammo on your secondary weapon (Thompson SMG) pretty quick so if you want to use a SMG best bet is to pick up an MP40 off a dead guy. You'll need more ammo for that so you need to make sure you have it equipped when you search a body.

Or just do what I do and use your pistol on any close range encounters you have.

Really like the kill cam animations. Anyone else hit a guy in the nuts yet? :)) Robbaz has a whole video of shooting guys in the ballsack - including one on Hitler (warning NSFW or NSFK as usual for Robbaz!!)

[yt:1ezbqbot]C8TfR4wub-I[/yt:1ezbqbot]

Spike Forehand
05-24-2012, 08:00 AM
OK -got this game ordered and should have it tomorrow. Anyone else playing it on PS3? Would live to have someone to join for the coop missions.

Edit:: Amazon delivery kicks ass and it got here a day early. Will play some tonight and try to do a mini-review this weekend some time.

Spike Forehand
05-25-2012, 01:59 PM
OK - here's my mini review after playing the first three single player campaign levels last night.

This is actually a pretty cool game that combines shooter physics with strategy and also has some "puzzle" like aspects in that you need to solve the correct way to approach each situation. It also has very, very cool bullet-cam animations that are supremely satisfying - especially when you make a really long distance headshot.

Each mission starts with a voice-over narration that makes the usually boring "loading" screens a pleasure. You then have navigation arrows that cue you in to which direction you're supposed to head and a reference map that you can call up. From there, you can choose your own methodology to get there. You can choose to blast away or can play it stealthily and try to sneak by the opponents. At the difficulty level I played at - the middle one of three - I found the sneaky way to be a lot more difficult, but also more satisfying.

I had a ton of fun in the third "Museum" level hiding in the shadows and throwing stones on the other side of a door so that when the guards would come out the door, I would shoot them in the back of the head with my silenced pistol, and then go pick up the body and hide it and try again when the next guard came by. If they come by and find a body, or hear gunfire they become more aggressive. They also don't seem to appreciate finding you carrying their dead buddy around -lol.

The maps are a little " on rails" but not nearly as bad as most modern FPS single player campaigns. You can generally choose a variety of cover spots, routes, and angles to attack opponents. Graphics are good and really reminiscent of WWII movies in the details.

You are given three basic weapons - a sniper rifle with probably about a 10X or so scope, a SMG, and a silenced pistol. For equipment, you have binoculars - which have a pretty good zoom and will spot enemy players and then leave them marked (at least at mid difficulty level). You also carry and will find in ammo crates and on bodies a variety of explosives including trip wires, frag grenade, the German potato masher type grenades, land mines, dynamite, and the aforementioned infinite supply of rocks for creating distractions. You can also sneak up and melee enemies from behind, but it's with a neck snap not a knife (sorry Currahee).

The AI seems decent/stupid like most single player shooters, but one of my beefs is that restarting a mission the enemies start in roughly the same spots and with the same numbers, so once you figure it out I can see very little replayability. I guess playing at "sniper elite" level might cure that, but I'm not sure. I may start all over and try that level.

Also,on the bad side, on the PS3 there is a save issue that is reportedly being addressed in a patch. It will not save in mid-mission meaning that if you exit the game mid-mission then you have to restart at the beginning of that mission. However, when you die you just restart at the last checkpoint. Since some of the missions take some time if you play stealthily and/ or get killed a lot, this could be an issue. I stayed up too late last night trying to get through the museum level because of this.

There is a multiplayer coop option that I haven't tried yet. Will update if I do. If you pick it up let me know and perhaps we can hook up.

Ultimately I found it to be a really engrossing game, although I wonder about replay-ability.

bigbaldbobby
05-26-2012, 11:02 AM
I played the demo last night. Seems cool. Killcam is nice. Is there a multiplayer?

Phantom
05-27-2012, 08:05 AM
There is multiplayer. It is co-op and ranges from co-op missions as per the single player game, or you play slightly different where one person is the sniper and another person is on the main ground trying to plant bombes while tyhe sniper covers.

bigbaldbobby
05-27-2012, 09:09 AM
And here I was hoping for 12v12 camping action. That would be a long boring game! But I do like the co-op idea.

Badgerute
05-30-2012, 08:31 AM
OK - here's my mini review after playing the first three single player campaign levels last night.

This is actually a pretty cool game that combines shooter physics with strategy and also has some "puzzle" like aspects in that you need to solve the correct way to approach each situation. It also has very, very cool bullet-cam animations that are supremely satisfying - especially when you make a really long distance headshot.

Each mission starts with a voice-over narration that makes the usually boring "loading" screens a pleasure. You then have navigation arrows that cue you in to which direction you're supposed to head and a reference map that you can call up. From there, you can choose your own methodology to get there. You can choose to blast away or can play it stealthily and try to sneak by the opponents. At the difficulty level I played at - the middle one of three - I found the sneaky way to be a lot more difficult, but also more satisfying.

I had a ton of fun in the third "Museum" level hiding in the shadows and throwing stones on the other side of a door so that when the guards would come out the door, I would shoot them in the back of the head with my silenced pistol, and then go pick up the body and hide it and try again when the next guard came by. If they come by and find a body, or hear gunfire they become more aggressive. They also don't seem to appreciate finding you carrying their dead buddy around -lol.

The maps are a little " on rails" but not nearly as bad as most modern FPS single player campaigns. You can generally choose a variety of cover spots, routes, and angles to attack opponents. Graphics are good and really reminiscent of WWII movies in the details.

You are given three basic weapons - a sniper rifle with probably about a 10X or so scope, a SMG, and a silenced pistol. For equipment, you have binoculars - which have a pretty good zoom and will spot enemy players and then leave them marked (at least at mid difficulty level). You also carry and will find in ammo crates and on bodies a variety of explosives including trip wires, frag grenade, the German potato masher type grenades, land mines, dynamite, and the aforementioned infinite supply of rocks for creating distractions. You can also sneak up and melee enemies from behind, but it's with a neck snap not a knife (sorry Currahee).

The AI seems decent/stupid like most single player shooters, but one of my beefs is that restarting a mission the enemies start in roughly the same spots and with the same numbers, so once you figure it out I can see very little replayability. I guess playing at "sniper elite" level might cure that, but I'm not sure. I may start all over and try that level.

Also,on the bad side, on the PS3 there is a save issue that is reportedly being addressed in a patch. It will not save in mid-mission meaning that if you exit the game mid-mission then you have to restart at the beginning of that mission. However, when you die you just restart at the last checkpoint. Since some of the missions take some time if you play stealthily and/ or get killed a lot, this could be an issue. I stayed up too late last night trying to get through the museum level because of this.

There is a multiplayer coop option that I haven't tried yet. Will update if I do. If you pick it up let me know and perhaps we can hook up.

Ultimately I found it to be a really engrossing game, although I wonder about replay-ability.

I finished it last night. I usually am not a big fan of SP, and am glad when it is over so I can focus on MP, but this game had the most enjoyable SP I've played in a long long time. I was actually disappointed when it was over. I wouldn't mind playing through co-op on the highest difficulty if you are interested.

Spike Forehand
06-01-2012, 06:38 AM
Did you get the Hitler DLC Badger? If its more of the same, not sure if it will be worth it.

Black_Out_424
06-13-2012, 03:03 PM
Did they fix all the issues with the game? Played the demo and it was the worst game I had ever played. Glitchy as hell and every time I took a shot it made my guy automatically stand up, then everyone knew where I was and all hell broke loose on me. Thought that was totally stupid. If they have fixed the issues with the standing and the crawling and shooting it would be a good game.

Phantom
06-13-2012, 03:08 PM
I played the demo before getting the game and didn't have any of those issues. The game is not at all glitchy and runs quite smooth

Black_Out_424
06-13-2012, 03:09 PM
Cool good to know. Maybe I will give it a try then. Maybe my install just went bad or I had a bad version of the game downloaded. Thanks for the info Phantom.

theczech99
12-03-2012, 09:38 AM
I finished the SP Sunday afternoon but would still like to play the co-op maps if you are interested Badger/Spike.

Badgerute
12-04-2012, 09:35 AM
I finished the SP Sunday afternoon but would still like to play the co-op maps if you are interested Badger/Spike.

Unfortunately, I turned it in a long time ago. What did you think of the game?

theczech99
12-04-2012, 10:45 AM
Unfortunately, I turned it in a long time ago. What did you think of the game?
I really enjoyed all the slow motion kill cam shots but the SP is pretty lame IMO. I like games with a story that makes you feel connected to your character. In v2 I just felt like some dude with a gun killing Germans and Russians.