PDA

View Full Version : Crysis 3

RC-1136
04-18-2012, 09:42 AM
I just got and e-mail about this. Hunting in an Urban Rain Forrest sounds bad ass. Alcatraz has a bow now! That is some epic Legolas, Rambo, Katniss Everdeen, Burnt Renoylds from Deliverance, Robin Hood shit.

http://crysis.ea.com/

RC-1136
04-20-2012, 08:15 AM
I might be the only one who cares, but oh well. Here is the teaser trailer:

[yt:26eezsz4]lfe0y5R4tTQ[/yt:26eezsz4]

DayliteMag
04-20-2012, 10:27 AM
I liked the last one, but thought it had a lot of glitchy problems both in the SP and MP versions. Tons of potential, but for me it just didn't deliver on the promises.

RC-1136
02-20-2013, 08:24 AM
Am I the only MP who got this game yesterday?

Madlob75
02-20-2013, 09:13 AM
Am I the only MP who got this game yesterday?

Someone has to be the taste tester. I saw you playing MP this morning....any good? Is it like Killzone?

RC-1136
02-20-2013, 10:12 AM
Better than Killzone IMO, but I only played KZ for a little while. I played over 2 hours of the SP Campaign last night and I am loving it. The MP is a little meh right now, but I have to get used to using the power suit features and level it up a bit. There are some definite hit detection issues, but what online FPS doesn't have that? I don't think I will be spending much time with the MP, but the main reason I pre-ordered it and got it day 1 was because I got a digital copy of Crysis 1.

Retro
02-20-2013, 10:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q9A9P84jek

TonkaToys
02-21-2013, 01:05 PM
If they had more of this, I might be willing to open my wallet!

Erstwhile Pussycat Doll dons spray-on cybersuit to stir up game sales (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/02/20/gratuitious_babe_photo_story_opportunity/)

http://regmedia.co.uk/2013/02/20/ar_2.jpg

Badgerute
02-21-2013, 01:30 PM
Better than Killzone IMO, but I only played KZ for a little while. I played over 2 hours of the SP Campaign last night and I am loving it. The MP is a little meh right now, but I have to get used to using the power suit features and level it up a bit. There are some definite hit detection issues, but what online FPS doesn't have that? I don't think I will be spending much time with the MP, but the main reason I pre-ordered it and got it day 1 was because I got a digital copy of Crysis 1.

interesting. if it is better than KZ MP, then i may pick it up. if you are wrong about that, i swear to god, i will come up to NJ to find you.

RC-1136
02-21-2013, 02:25 PM
interesting. if it is better than KZ MP, then i may pick it up. if you are wrong about that, i swear to god, i will come up to NJ to find you.

I said I liked it better than the KZ MP not that it was better. Just like KZ there is a steep learning curve. I played Crysis 2 so I know what to expect and how to use the power suit. All the reviews that I have seen say that the MP in Crysis 3 is better than the SP for the most part. I only got it on Day 1 because I wanted the free digital copy of Crysis 1 which has never been on consoles before.

HB721
02-24-2013, 09:22 AM
I bought it for the 360. The single player campaign isn't grabbing my attention. Honestly I jumped into the multiplayer head first. I like the multiplayer particularly spears/crash site. It's frenetic and moves at a gripping pace to me. The scary point when you are hauling ass to an objective and someone de-
cloaks" right in front of you gets me going. I can see where this won't be the multiplayer game for most people though. It has a hint of Halo in it and the twitchiness of COD. That is a formula that leads to hatred for a lot of folks.

TL;DR- I like being stealthy quick super soldier beating people up.

RC-1136
02-25-2013, 09:55 AM
I bought it for the 360. The single player campaign isn't grabbing my attention. Honestly I jumped into the multiplayer head first. I like the multiplayer particularly spears/crash site. It's frenetic and moves at a gripping pace to me. The scary point when you are hauling ass to an objective and someone de-
cloaks" right in front of you gets me going. I can see where this won't be the multiplayer game for most people though. It has a hint of Halo in it and the twitchiness of COD. That is a formula that leads to hatred for a lot of folks.

TL;DR- I like being stealthy quick super soldier beating people up.

I agree completely with you. I loved the SP in Crysis 2, but this one isn't doing it for me. I am haviing a ton of fun witht he MP, though. My negative KDR would beg to differ, but it does have a lot to offer.

RC-1136
03-14-2013, 09:08 AM
I hate the SP Campaign in this game. The MP is a nice change of pace, but the Sp is just a grind. I'm on the final boss battle and I quit in the middle twice already. I'm so happy Badger didn't listen to me and decided not to get this POS. I am so disappointed. I had a little hope that Crytec could maybe save the Homefront title, but after this I would touch it with a 10 and a half foot pole.

SouthtownSlayer
03-14-2013, 09:37 AM
I hate the SP Campaign in this game. The MP is a nice change of pace, but the Sp is just a grind. I'm on the final boss battle and I quit in the middle twice already. I'm so happy Badger didn't listen to me and decided not to get this POS. I am so disappointed. I had a little hope that Crytec could maybe save the Homefront title, but after this I would touch it with a 10 and a half foot pole.

Thanks for the heads- up bro, was actually debating on getting this or God of War: Assension after I finish off Tomb Raider, Looks like I'll be getting GoW and wait until the C3 is in the bargain bin!

RC-1136
03-14-2013, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the heads- up bro, was actually debating on getting this or God of War: Assension after I finish off Tomb Raider, Looks like I'll be getting GoW and wait until the C3 is in the bargain bin!

Might be the smartest move you ever made. The SP is very short, too. 7 missions that take only 20-30 minutes each. Rent it if you're curious.

SouthtownSlayer
03-20-2013, 04:52 PM
This game, and a few other recent releases just went on sale at the Origin store....

Origin Sales (http://store.origin.com/store?Action=home&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=ea)

RC-1136
03-22-2013, 08:41 AM
I finished the game last night and I am so disappointed. The ending gets a big MEH! from me. The MP is decent, but now that my son bought BO2 I will just jump on that when I want to play a run and gun shooter. Even though I am sick of COD the MP is better than Crysis 3. I still have to play the Digital Copy of Crysis 1 that came with the game. Hopefully that will be worth the $60 I payed for this POS.

theczech99
03-23-2013, 04:10 PM
I finished the game from Redbox in one night. I went back this morn and grabbed a few SP trophies before I returned it. In all it was ok but I've also never been a big Crysis fan. I may have to start renting more games from Redbox.