PDA

View Full Version : Things that annoy....

Retro
05-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Parents who schedule their kids birthday party on a long weekend! :cuss: And then to boot, they have it right in the middle of the day.

Major Stains
05-17-2012, 11:37 PM
The way TV networks over edit films to fit in adverts at the best moments X(
If you're not gonna show the film in its entirety, don't show it at all. :cuss:

(I may be posting here too much in the future)

xMisFitToyx
05-18-2012, 07:25 AM
Customers that call you on a Friday afternoon and want you to wait for them (after closing time). Say they will only be 10 minutes late ... keep calling saying they are only 5 more minutes away ... finally show up 30 minutes late ... then when you go to run their credit card, its declined ... so they spend another 30 minutes on the phone talking to Visa/Mastercard trying to convince them to extend them more credit.

And to top it all off .... the damn car has been ready for over a week. :cuss:

donhardeone
05-18-2012, 09:37 AM
On the topic of TV...

the fact that there is sometimes such a huge difference in volume levels between the TV show and commercials!

Retro
05-18-2012, 10:16 AM
On the topic of TV...

the fact that there is sometimes such a huge difference in volume levels between the TV show and commercials!
They are finally putting through a law against this in Canada.

CELockwood
05-18-2012, 11:12 AM
On the topic of TV...

They are finally putting through a law against this in Canada.

This one is a royal pain in the ass in my house. I have Time Warner and they are without a doubt the worst cable company I've ever had.

There's an FCC rule in the US to mandate this as well. <sarcasm>Shows how well our government works</sarcasm>

Congress gives the FCC the authority to eliminate a problem that shouldn't be a problem (end of 2010)
FCC actually passes a rule to eliminate the problem (end of 2011)
Rule actually takes effect (end of 2012)
Cable companies actually comply with rule (who the hell knows)

:cuss:

SouthtownSlayer
05-18-2012, 12:22 PM
People that blow their freaking nose at the table!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Major Stains
05-18-2012, 02:02 PM
People that drop litter!!!

PICK THAT SHIT UP AND PUT IT IN THE BIN YOU IGNORANT TWAT!!! X(

(this topic is not good for my blood pressure :-" )

Raider
05-18-2012, 03:28 PM
People that blow their freaking nose at the table!!!!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

AMEN BROTHER!!!!! That right there makes me lose my appetite, regardless if it's a lobster tail and a perfectly cooked steak in front of me. I'd be finished with my meal right then and there.

Mutt
05-18-2012, 06:28 PM
Parents who schedule their kids birthday party on a long weekend! :cuss: And then to boot, they have it right in the middle of the day.

I can't stand that and not to mention if it's in the middle of a long weekend. One thing I can't stand is being rushed when your ordering and paying at Tim Horton's. The clerks here don't even give you 5 seconds to put your card or money in your wallet. The hail then next person in lane.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

HardlyCapable13
05-18-2012, 06:42 PM
...when you live in the Arizona desert and your air conditioner dies during the 100+ degree days....(my house is 90 degrees inside right now)

Retro
05-18-2012, 06:51 PM
...when you live in the Arizona desert and your air conditioner dies during the 100+ degree days....(my house is 90 degrees inside right now)
At least it's a "dry" heat.

That right there, hate when people say that. Hot is fucking hot!

HardlyCapable13
05-18-2012, 10:03 PM

That right there, hate when people say that. Hot is **** hot!

:)) That annoys the crap out of me! When it's 125 degrees outside, it don't matter what "kind" of heat it is...
At least we got another month and a half before the 120's hit.

Mutt
05-19-2012, 12:35 AM

That right there, hate when people say that. Hot is **** hot!

I agree, Alberta is a dry heat. I went to Montreal and it's humid and I can't stand that kind of heat.

johnboy
05-19-2012, 05:34 AM
Pain! The general public. Drivers. Cyclists. Pedestrians. Inflation. Think that should do for the minute.

=T4NUKI=
05-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Students !

Anyone from Quebec knows what this is all about...

Borlaxx
05-19-2012, 01:59 PM
When the two-ply toilet paper seperates into single ply, and I am either stuck with a mass of shredded paper with inadequate wiping durability, or forced to solve the challenging riddle that is trying to get the perforated tear lines on each ply to ever match up again.

Jackie R
05-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Students !

Anyone from Quebec knows what this is all about...
Amen brother!

Those kids don't know how lucky they have it here!

When the two-ply toilet paper seperates into single ply, and I am either stuck with a mass of shredded paper with inadequate wiping durability, or forced to solve the challenging riddle that is trying to get the perforated tear lines on each ply to ever match up again.
:))

Major Stains
05-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Getting an 'all night gaming pass', setting up your gaming chair with supplies of beer/ snacks to hand, all controllers are fully charged, headset ready. Fire up the console, and.... No MPs online... Not 1 !!!! X( :-o :((

Retro
05-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Getting an 'all night gaming pass', setting up your gaming chair with supplies of beer/ snacks to hand, all controllers are fully charged, headset ready. Fire up the console, and.... No MPs online... Not 1 !!!! X( :-o :((
Or they are all online watching Netflix/Hula!

johnboy
05-20-2012, 06:39 PM

Nearly as bad as finding there are loads on and then you spend over an an hour unsuccessfully joining any of them. Now that's annoying!

bigbaldbobby
05-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Broken guitar strings.

donhardeone
05-21-2012, 07:34 AM
Attempting to walk into ones office on Monday morning to find that every inch of floor not taken up by my desk is now being occupied by someone elses boxes...when did my office turn into a storage room!!! :cuss: So THIS is how Milton felt on Office Space!

Major Stains
05-29-2012, 04:06 PM
I've just had to check in the mirror to make sure I didn't have gullible twat written on my forehead!

I just picked up my mower from its first service, (I have very little patience with engines).
The guy points out my mower, explains the work he did, took my cheque and I went on my way.
I got home, decided to cut the grass and had this strange niggling feeling as I mowed away.
It soon dawned on me that it was not my mower and further more, the engine had a different serial number to the body!!
I had been given an identical mower made up from crappy old mowers.
So it is either an innocent mistake, or (more likely) this total douche has tried to fob me off with this piece of crap so he can make a few on mine.

I am so fucking livid right now... I am going to have to hold myself back tomorrow from mowing this guy a new asshole X(

Who do these wankers think they are? I bet they get away with it 9 times out of 10.

HardlyCapable13
05-29-2012, 04:11 PM
I've just had to check in the mirror to make sure I didn't have gullible twat written on my forehead!

I just picked up my mower from its first service, (I have very little patience with engines).
The guy points out my mower, explains the work he did, took my cheque and I went on my way.
I got home, decided to cut the grass and had this strange niggling feeling as I mowed away.
It soon dawned on me that it was not my mower and further more, the engine had a different serial number to the body!!
So it is either an innocent mistake, or (more likely) this total douche has tried to fob me off with this piece of crap so he can make a few on mine.

I am so **** livid right now... I am going to have to hold myself back tomorrow from mowing this guy a new asshole X(

Who do these wankers think they are? I bet they get away with it 9 times out of 10.

Wow....just wow. This is why I hate people.

Jackie R
05-29-2012, 04:59 PM

I am so fucking livid right now... I am going to have to hold myself back tomorrow from mowing this guy a new asshole X(

That is ridiculous. Let us know what he has to say for himself.

Major Stains
05-30-2012, 02:15 PM
That is ridiculous. Let us know what he has to say for himself.

As I thought, he claimed that they all look the same.
I kept my cool, whilst subtly hinting that I thought he was a cheeky bastard for trying to pull one over on me.
I got my mower home and had to strip it apart in the end to double check that he did the work he claimed he did!
May of well done the service myself. Lesson learnt I guess.

My wife claims I have serious trust issues, and she wonders why when it feels like everyone is out there to shaft me [-(

Sorry for the language folks...rant over :tongue:

HardlyCapable13
05-30-2012, 02:27 PM
[quote="Jackie R":32ju5w7y]That is ridiculous. Let us know what he has to say for himself.

I kept my cool, whilst subtly hinting that I thought he was a cheeky bastard for trying to pull one over on me.
I got my mower home and had to strip it apart in the end to double check that he did the work he claimed he did!

My wife claims I have serious trust issues, and she wonders why when it feels like everyone is out there to shaft me [-(

Sorry for the language folks...rant over :tongue:[/quote:32ju5w7y]

Glad to hear it's resolved.
My wife says the same thing to me about trust issues. I tell her she's right, but it's only because I've been screwed over one too many times...

Borlaxx
05-30-2012, 02:53 PM
[quote="Jackie R":1au1a324]That is ridiculous. Let us know what he has to say for himself.

Sorry for the language folks...rant over :tongue:

Glad to hear it's resolved.
My wife says the same thing to me about trust issues. I tell her she's right, but it's only because I've been screwed over one too many times...[/quote:1au1a324]
I don't trust anyone unless they earn it. Same with respect. I will be nice to you, but until you earn my trust and respect, I will not be so gullible as to allow you to fuck me over.

bigbaldbobby
05-30-2012, 07:15 PM
I used to be a partner in a well established lawn mower sales and service shop for many years. This is a problem that happens quite a bit. It is easy to do,especially in the spring, when you have 27 Toro mowers that all look the same. I just hope that the guy did you right and fixed what was wrong with it. Next time bring it to Florida and I will give you the the Team MP discount!

Jackie R
05-30-2012, 07:53 PM
[quote="Jackie R":14n90hgk]That is ridiculous. Let us know what he has to say for himself.

Sorry for the language folks...rant over :tongue:[/quote:14n90hgk]
Well, at least you got a working mower.

My wife says the opposite about me. She says that I am too lenient with people and give them the benefit of the doubt more than I should.

Major Stains
05-31-2012, 12:52 AM
@BBB. That's a deal. Screw the air fair! If I get the MP discount, it's worth it :D

@Jackie. I forgot to mention, I have a massive amount of surplus stock and shares in many profit making companies.
If you forward me your bank details then I would be willing to give them to you at hugely reduced rates :-" ;)

Jackie R
05-31-2012, 08:00 PM
@Jackie. I forgot to mention, I have a massive amount of surplus stock and shares in many profit making companies.
If you forward me your bank details then I would be willing to give them to you at hugely reduced rates :-" ;)
Man, I would be stupid not to go for this! Let me get you my bank and credit card info.

Hang on a sec...

:))

Retro
05-31-2012, 08:10 PM
Parents of kids who play sports, but don't coach yet feel the need to stand on the sidelines screaming out orders to the team. If you want to "coach" the team during games, get out there and become a coach. If not, sit down and STFU!!!!! :cuss:

dustin
06-01-2012, 07:37 AM
My wife... (sometimes)

Oh and fish sticks.

LandShark
06-01-2012, 07:51 AM
Parents of kids who play sports, but don't coach yet feel the need to stand on the sidelines screaming out orders to the team. If you want to "coach" the team during games, get out there and become a coach. If not, sit down and STFU!!!!! :cuss:
+1

bigbaldbobby
06-14-2012, 07:28 AM
New MP members that don't add the folks above r their name. ;-)

Retro
06-15-2012, 12:43 PM
20 minute faucet replacement turns into 4 hour sink, faucet & pipe replacement. :cuss:

CELockwood
06-15-2012, 01:19 PM
work

HardlyCapable13
06-18-2012, 04:48 PM
http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww193/jlesieur13/hot.jpg

...and we're not even into the "hot months"...

Oh, and no "dry heat" comments... =;

Retro
06-20-2012, 08:30 AM
Car alarms are for assholes. :cuss:

Madlob75
06-20-2012, 10:18 AM
http://i1227.photobucket.com/albums/ee428/madlob75/hot.jpg

Retro
07-06-2012, 09:19 AM
IKEA. Why do women love this shit so much???

Retro
07-06-2012, 01:17 PM
:highly_amused: my wife love that store and now that Detroit has a store we go there atleast once a month...

I hate it cause i have to put the damn furniture together and their instructions are about as good as toilet paper..

Instructions are ok, the problem is they can't seem to put all the right bloody parts in the box! And it's a 45 minute drive one way to the store.

Major Stains
07-06-2012, 02:10 PM
IKEA. Why do women love this shit so much???

The best thing about Ikea, is the meatballs they sell in the cafe!
But even they aren't good enough to persuade me to set foot in that hellish store again.
Damn those Scandinavians and their sleek designs...

HardlyCapable13
07-09-2012, 04:12 PM
Not only are we gonna be above 120 degrees for the next couple days, but my pool is in the process of being drained as I type this. Will be empty for about a week while it gets new fittings and a good scrubbing...
Summer in Arizona + an empty pool = extremely annoying.

http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww193/jlesieur13/weather.jpg

Retro
07-11-2012, 11:53 AM
So as with many schools my kids school has a ban on all peanut products which of course includes peanut butter. In the last 4 years there have been no more than 2 kids at any one time with an allergy but ...all have to suffer. My wife found a good soy "peanut" butter substitute as my kids love the stuff. It even comes with a roll of stickers you can put on their lunch that says "does not contain peanuts".
Just got word today that when school starts in September, all soy products will also be banned because "they look too much like peanut butter". What's funny is there are 8 kids in the school that I know of with a severe allergy to strawberries, but it's still ok to bring them to school.

HardlyCapable13
07-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Just got word today that when school starts in September, all soy products will also be banned because "they look too much like peanut butter".

Wow...just wow! Sounds like the schools that have banned teachers from grading papers with red ink because red "upsets schoolchildren" and is "too harsh".

Retro
07-11-2012, 01:30 PM
Wow...just wow! Sounds like the schools that have banned teachers from grading papers with red ink because red "upsets schoolchildren" and is "too harsh".

Oh you mean like how they can not correct grammar because it ruins the child's "creative thought process"?
It's really no wonder why that movie Idiocracy is becoming more prophetic and less entertainment each day.

HardlyCapable13
07-11-2012, 02:00 PM
It's really no wonder why that movie Idiocracy is becoming more prophetic and less entertainment each day.

For sure. I love the medical center scene. Only pictures on the cash register, like at fast food joints.

Retro
07-11-2012, 02:10 PM
For sure. I love the medical center scene. Only pictures on the cash register, like at fast food joints.

First time I watched that movie I laughed my ass off. Watched it again a few weeks ago and it depressed me when I realized it's coming true and much faster than the movie predicted.

Coming soon to your town a brand new "ButtFuckers".

HardlyCapable13
07-11-2012, 02:28 PM
First time I watched that movie I laughed my ass off. Watched it again a few weeks ago and it depressed me when I realized it's coming true and much faster than the movie predicted.

Coming soon to your town a brand new "ButtFuckers".

George Carlin said it the best with "the Pussification of America" with the way we coddle our children...oh how times have changed.

HardlyCapable13
07-15-2012, 11:16 AM
Games that don't have auto save. Was playing Bully last night and lost power due to lightning. Had about 4 hours in from previous save point. I still thought it auto saved after missions, like GTA...

Retro
07-15-2012, 04:32 PM
Games that don't have auto save. Was playing Bully last night and lost power due to lightning. Had about 4 hours in from previous save point. I still thought it auto saved after missions, like GTA...

That is annoying. But damn it Bully is just so much fun!!!

Major Stains
08-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Gaming in a dark room with a mosquito buzzing around your head...
aaaaarrrggh, just piss off...

tweety
08-03-2012, 06:16 PM
That mosquito flying around your head, was my bullets! :lol:

Major Stains
09-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Coming home after a bloody hard days work, to find there's no hot water for a bath/ shower:angry:
At least the cold beer makes up for it!

*Edit.
Ok, I know that's 1 in the douche jar.
I know I'm lucky to have a job/ house/ water etc.
Just one of those things to moan about!

tweety
09-10-2012, 09:41 PM
Well lets see. I have had the Wii sent off for repairs before, and it's just about that time again. When I play, it will come up disk can not be read. shit! Not again. Why can't it hold out till nov.?! Sure it's the laser. This annoys me. Hate knowing I have to give Nintendo $90.

Mutt
09-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Talk about bad timing because the Wii U is almost here. I'm not sure what the prices are in the US, but a new one is 149.99 here. I would pick a new one up instead of forking over 90 to Nintendo to fix it. But, 149 plus a Wii U in a couple of months is not feasible for my budget.

tweety
09-11-2012, 01:36 PM
I never have good luck. I would get a WiiU if I knew enough of you guys are going buy one. I sure hope the Nintendo guys have better luck with controlling the hackers this go round. It totally ruined MW3. But Im still a sucker and play it.

Mutt
09-11-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm going to make up my mind on Wii U after they announce pricing. I don't go by rumoured prices on the internet. I want to hear it from the horse's mouth. If they get greedy like they did with the 3DS at launch, I'll wait for a price cut. I don't mind paying between 250 to 350 for the Wii U.

WolfenDarl
10-07-2012, 05:26 AM
Something that annoys me. When you're walking with a cane and someone shoulder checks you or kicks the cane right out from under you. Then they keep strolling along without even a sorry called over their shoulder. I just want to chase after them and knock some manners into these people

Major Stains
08-29-2017, 11:30 AM
Dyson Hoovers.

Yeah so they were good 10 years ago, but now they are made of the cheapest shit plastic ever to ship out of Asia, somehow last 5 minutes past their Warranty date then miraculously fall apart and due to the way they are assembled/ sold are virtually impossible to diagnose and fix!

Yet somehow, after buying two models back to back that eventually blow up, the Mrs still wants to buy another one!!!

#builtbetterinmyday

Retro
08-29-2017, 12:19 PM
Dyson Hoovers.

Yeah so they were good 10 years ago, but now they are made of the cheapest shit plastic ever to ship out of Asia, somehow last 5 minutes past their Warranty date then miraculously fall apart and due to the way they are assembled/ sold are virtually impossible to diagnose and fix!

Yet somehow, after buying two models back to back that eventually blow up, the Mrs still wants to buy another one!!!

#builtbetterinmyday

My 9 year old Dyson is still rocking. I do need a new hose though since the dog when she was a pup used it as a teething ring. The duct tape is looking sad now.

Gadnos316
08-29-2017, 06:23 PM
Get a Shark. One of the best I've owned and cheaper than Dyson, Hoover, etc.

Retro
08-29-2017, 08:06 PM
I hope Shark has improved. I owned one before the Dyson. It was a worthless piece of crap, it's why I bought the Dyson.

Gadnos316
08-29-2017, 09:15 PM
Some may be I'm sure. Mine was rated best by consumer reports so it caught my eye. My house is almost all carpet so it works well, and gets the job done on bare floors. It's called a Shark Rotator I think.

DeadChaos
08-30-2017, 03:00 AM
I use a Morphy Richards, had it for a years now, only replaced the hose so far.