PDA

View Full Version : Impressions

Retro
05-23-2012, 12:37 PM
Single Player:

Really enjoying it so far. It's everything I expected from a GR or R6 game. Not quite as "open" as previous games but the controls feel much better. The difficulty may seem easy in the first few missions but it ramps up nicely as you get deeper into the game. Each level acts as a puzzle, trying to figure out the best and most efficient way to complete your objective. Other missions or missions where everything "goes to hell" end up in pretty intense fire fights. I like the way they break it up so it's not the exact same type of mission every time, though I do prefer the stealth missions.

Multiplayer:

It works. Some connection issues as far as getting into a game last night, but they got sorted out after a few minutes. Once in a game, it ran silky smooth. Nice having a shooter actually work from the start. If you played the beta you know what to expect. So far all the maps seems pretty cool, lots of open sight lines and cover points, while also having some really good close quarters spots.

Have yet to try co-op, but will definitely be playing some Guerrilla mode.

DayliteMag
05-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Skrapps, Lockwood and I tried some co-op (just about 25 minutes). It worked fine. Will take some getting used to, but I liked it. I think it would be an excellent training ground for the Multi-player mode.

I tried jumping into MP but it wouldn't connect. I sat in a Lobby with about 12 people for maybe 2 or 3 minutes and then it just kicked us out to dashboard. I didn't have anymore time so will try again later.

Retro
05-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Landshark couldn't join on me and Beefshankz last night. He downloaded all the codes from the game and then got in fine. I don't know if it was that or that he restarted his game.

LandShark
05-23-2012, 02:51 PM
I think restarting the game is what finally fixed it.

So far i like the game, i just gotta figure out what im doing and then it might be really fun.