PDA

View Full Version : Little strange

Retro
05-25-2012, 12:47 AM
Unlike every other shooter that has come out, I find it kind of funny that I load up this game as see somewhere around 10 people on my friends list playing and they are all in the SP campaign.

Never seen that before, the majority all seem to dive in to the MP right away and for the most part ignore the SP.

I'm going with it's a kick ass SP. I'm currently on the second last mission, hope to finish on Friday. It's almost 2am and I'm calling it quits and going to bed. (-|

LandShark
05-25-2012, 07:20 AM
The SP on any game ive played hasnt kept my attention more than an hour, last night night I played this game about 2 1/2 hours.

The mp is not fun running solo.

CELockwood
05-25-2012, 07:44 AM
I think I'm in the same place (9th mission). Really good SP. I've the SP more then any other SP (for a shooter). I actually may replay this thing (probably co-op with my trusty MP's) for some of the achievements.

I noticed that some of you have jumped into MP, at least for a bit. How is it?

Retro
05-25-2012, 08:07 AM
I love the MP, but you need a solid squad and good communication to have even a small chance.

TheFreak75
05-25-2012, 08:40 AM
What I don't like about the SP is that if one of your friends is playing it you can't join in to help them out. I've tried it and never have been successful

Retro
05-25-2012, 09:33 AM
What I don't like about the SP is that if one of your friends is playing it you can't join in to help them out. I've tried it and never have been successful
You have to join as a party before either of you start. I like that. As much as I want to play through it with someone, I want to go through it myself first and having people just pop into the game would ruin it.

Toxic Avenger72
05-25-2012, 10:07 AM
Yep, it's a really good sp so far. Can be frustrating at times but pretty good.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Retro
05-25-2012, 11:10 AM
Yep, it's a really good sp so far. Can be frustrating at times but pretty good.

If your on the last mission, the end of it is very frustrating. Timing is everything. Don't do it perfect and your screwed.

The difficulty really ramps up the further you get into the game.

Jackie R
05-25-2012, 11:17 AM
You have to join as a party before either of you start. I like that. As much as I want to play through it with someone, I want to go through it myself first and having people just pop into the game would ruin it.
That's a shame. It would have been really cool to have drop-in, drop-out. :(

Are the missions are different in co-op? Perhaps that's why? :-\

Retro
05-25-2012, 11:30 AM
That's a shame. It would have been really cool to have drop-in, drop-out. :(

Are the missions are different in co-op? Perhaps that's why? :-\
Nope, the SP campaign is available for co-op. When you start the campaign you just invite up to 3 friends and off you go. There is another co-op mode called Guerrilla that is similar to Horde mode in Gears of War.

TheFreak75
05-25-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm not one to drop in like that without notifying the person first, it just sucks that I see you guys playing and i'm not able to join in on the fun with the crew.

Retro
05-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Completed it. Very cool stuff.

Toxic Avenger72
05-25-2012, 01:27 PM
Completed it. Very cool stuff.

Nice! I'm hoping to get through it sometime this weekend.

Sckrapps
05-25-2012, 09:29 PM
I'll admit that I waited because I'm a wuss. I hate getting pwned in MP, so I wanted to master the mechanics and weapons a little in SP before I jumped in. The fact that it is actually a *good* campaign is gravy.