PDA

View Full Version : The Queen's Diamond Jubilee

Major Stains
06-03-2012, 03:50 PM
[attachment=0:20w7tcx1]Theres Camilla!.jpg[/attachment:20w7tcx1]

Wishing anyone who may care, an enjoyable Jubilee weekend wherever you may be. :cheers:

I'm not saying that I'm a huge Royalist, but the more I learn about this iconic woman, the more I respect her.
Having come onto the throne at the very young age of 21, she has shown an incredible amount of commitment to her country over the years.
I know she is in a position of complete luxury with a job for life, gold castles, and roasted swan on the dinner menu every night. But at what cost?
I certainly wouldn't want to be in such a position, forced to lead a life mapped out for you from one day to the next.

She must have seen some huge changes over the years. From our once proud nation, where people used to respect the law, kids listened to their teachers, and society was generally a better place. I can't help but wonder that the years are numbered for this out dated constitution.
Once she passes on the baton, the public will soon slip back into a state of indifference and we will no doubt vote for some celebrity president or similar.

So to the Brit MPs, enjoy the moment, embrace our crumbling culture. Before the bunting comes down to reveal the recession stricken land that was once forever green :party:

I for one will be joining the local villages for a big assed fire (http://www.diamondjubileebeacons.co.uk/) with many beers, tomorrow night as many beacons are lit across the world to mark the occasion.

God Save the Queen (and the fascist regime! ;) ) :cheers:

dadafett
06-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Great post -- :cheers:

but the caption - BRILLIANT!!! =)) :)) =))

B-)

TonkaToys
06-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Enjoyed my traditional British Bank Holiday barbecue, this time as part of a jubly street party. But what are these new-fangled contraptions called gazebos that almost stopped me from being drenched to the skin? It's just not British.

Long live the Queen.

Psalm
06-03-2012, 10:16 PM
My Inlaws just got back form London this week and had a ton of Jubilee souvenirs.... She's an awesome lady!!!

johnboy
06-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Just listening to the Jubilee concert and I found out that 'wor' Cheryl can't sing to save her life.

Major Stains
06-04-2012, 02:58 PM
Just listening to the Jubilee concert and I found out that 'wor' Cheryl can't sing to save her life.

That was painful, just painful. (not as painful as Miranda trying to be funny though ;) )

Having a few beers before I head out to watch a big fire, I love me a big fire :D
Took my eldest to the village Jubilee party today, shame my youngest has gone down with a bug :(

TonkaToys
06-05-2012, 05:03 AM
Got a lovely hangover to remember last night's Jubly celebrations by - that and playing BF3 Close Quarters until 2 in the morning. :p