PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars 2

dinsdale1978
06-09-2012, 01:27 PM
I can't remember how many others I have heard that played the first GW but I just pre-purchased to play the beta weekend and am loving it. There is much that carries over but the combat and skills are very different. The active events are very engaging and other than a few hard to understand inventory management hurdles; I was hooked again.

Let me know if you want me to make a vid and post it here for a point of reference.

CELockwood
06-09-2012, 08:28 PM
I'd love to see a vid. I spent a lot of time on the first one, and have been waffling on this. Just don't think I have the time for it.

dinsdale1978
06-10-2012, 07:35 AM
I'd love to see a vid. I spent a lot of time on the first one, and have been waffling on this. Just don't think I have the time for it.

I will record some today or tonight, but it certainly will be easy to lose time in Ascalon once again. Granted they haven't added everything or balance a ton of things but without forming a party or even knowing the best skills to use; I was surprised to see how late it was when I quit last night.

lore77
01-28-2013, 09:41 PM
How is guild wars for solo-ability? I can't stand Mmorpg where after a certain levle you can't progress without being in a party. It's ok and understandable to need a party for some things but to get stuck at lvl 10 because you can't level up w/o a party tends to lead to lots of wasted time Looking for a party. That is time I don't have, I only get to play a maybe 2 hrs a night a couple of nights a week. Wasting 1 of those 2 hours looking for a party is not my idea of fun.

I started playing Aion (same company who makes guild wars and Lineage) It's quite a bit of fun. It would be more fun getting to play with some MP folks. Another plus it it is free, unless you decide you want to buy this special currency the comnay lets you use to buy special items.

I got tired of the FPS games for a bit + the wife got pissed b/c the boy runs around the house with his toy pistols. She's worried about him getting in trouble once he starts school. So I have to lay off of the FPS for a bit...

Anyway if Guild wars isn't too much of a Must be in a party grind type of mmo, i might be interested in jumping over if other MPs are playing.

HB721
01-31-2013, 12:40 PM
Lore I own it and would be willing to play a little. Sounds like our schedules are about the same.

Hugh_Heff
05-19-2013, 11:41 PM
I purchased the game last month and have been loving it. One of buddies I work had me try it over one the free weekends and I haven't looked back sense. Let me if any one what's wants to play a while. I'm usually on by 9 eastern till 11. I make sure I do my daily, then do some exploring.

Black_Out_424
05-20-2013, 10:22 AM
Played the first one and loved it but dont think I have the time now with a family and kid to give that much time to this game. Probably will just stay with console games instead.