PDA

View Full Version : Terminal coming to MW3 (for free?)

Retro
06-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Infinity Ward’s Mark Rubin has commented on why assets related to Modern Warfare 2?s Terminal have been found in Modern Warfare 3.

Last month, Terminal appeared in Modern Warfare 3?s files as a Spec Ops mission. More recently, fan site CoDMapPacks reported on map names Terminal and Shipbreaker, which looks similar to MW2?s Rust, showing up on the map list in private lobbies.

Mark Rubin explained, via Twitter, that Terminal and Shipbreaker were added in preparation “for upcoming maps. Terminal is still on the fence but we are ready if we can launch that one.”

Mark Rubin openly admitted that the team behind Modern Warfare 3 is working on introducing terminal, one of Modern Warfare 2?s most beloved maps, to Modern Warfare 3.

The executive producer stated regarding why Terminal hasn’t been released yet, “ it’s a tech issue with delivery.” He went on to confirm that it will noy be included in the DLC model, which mirrors what Ex-Infinity Ward employee Robert Bowling promised. Rubin assured, “yes [Terminal] will be free.”

Of course, there’s nothing final about the addition of Terminal, but Rubin seemed adamant about adding the map. He stated, “I may have to punch a bunch of people in the nuts but I am working my ass off to get terminal out.”

Update: (Thanks to CourtRooom) Rubin added, “Don’t have a firm ETA [on Terminal] yet probably soon. Will be looking at it next week to finalize its deployment.” It’s almost confirmed at this point, but “it’s possible [Infinity Ward] runs into issues with deployment. But seems likely we’ll be able to release it.”

Rubin thinks that the Xbox 360 one month exclusivity deal might have to be applied on Terminal’s release frame as well. Rubin hopes to get the map out in June, but he hasn’t looked into when it will be released.

In terms of the possibility of adding other Modern Warfare 2 maps, Rubin explained that right now it’s only Terminal being worked on. The map, when it is released for MW3, will be “updated a little.”

Borlaxx
06-21-2012, 09:54 AM
That would be cool. Love that map.

If Black Ops 2 came out, and had a map pack for cheap (or free) that contained EVERY MP map from W@W that would be awesome. I would love to play some of those maps again.

BuzzardBait
06-21-2012, 02:12 PM
My favorite map still has to be "Jungle" from Black Ops. If your talking close quarters combat though it's really tough to beat "Nuketown."

Retro
06-21-2012, 03:30 PM
I prefer the bigger maps. I loved Derail & Favela in MW2.

SmokeyCheese1
06-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Well that dude better get to punchin people in the nuts.

MW2 maps that I liked were Quarry, Terminal, and SubBase.

Retro
06-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Gameplay footage of Terminal for MW3

[yt:3f8h19i9]vIV1KpPZ-Xo[/yt:3f8h19i9]

Psalm
06-24-2012, 12:14 AM
Derail really?,... I thought that was the worst map ever made in COD history... it was basically wasteland with a building in the middle..
games always went the full distance as far as TDM... it was better in Domination. But, I hated the map either way.

Borlaxx
06-24-2012, 08:04 AM
Derail really?,... I thought that was the worst map ever made in COD history... it was basically wasteland with a building in the middle..
games always went the full distance as far as TDM... it was better in Domination. But, I hated the map either way.
I don't think derail was bad in terms of layout, because there were a ton of buildings and areas that would have been interesting in a firefight. Unfortunately, 99% of the action was around the same building in the middle every damn match.

Retro
06-24-2012, 11:02 AM
I don't think derail was bad in terms of layout, because there were a ton of buildings and areas that would have been interesting in a firefight. Unfortunately, 99% of the action was around the same building in the middle every damn match.
I like maps like Derail because it forced people to actually have to aim instead of just blindly hip firing and doing the spray and pray while rounding a corner like Nuke Town on BlOps.