PDA

View Full Version : Keurig Coffee

HardlyCapable13
07-04-2012, 10:38 AM
My wife finally nagged enough that I'm letting her get a Keurig machine. For any of you with one, where is the cheapest places to get the K-cups, and any coffee or tea flavors to recommend?

CB-40
07-04-2012, 10:45 AM
We actually get ours straight from Keurig. You can sign up and get them for as good or better a price as anywhere. The boxes they sell also seem to have more cups than what you can get at a store for the same or more. Also, if you order a certain $ amount they ship for free. We usually get 4 boxes per order so we get the free shipping. Overall it costs more than just your drip coffee maker, but it is less than if you were going to the coffee shop every day or two.

We like the Green Mtn Coffee Breakfast Blend, the Gloria Jean's Butter Toffee, and almost anything Donut House. We're also trying the Celestial Seasonings Southern Sweet iced tea which is better than I expected. They do have a sampler box (or a few) you can get to try out different kinds.

sniperella
07-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Coupons! I'll let you know when I see a deal posted on one of my many coupon forums I visit! I'd be happy to send you my coupons, as we don't have a k-cup machine and I usually just toss the coupons for those out of the sunday paper.

theczech99
07-04-2012, 03:00 PM
We also by ours directly from Green Mt. Coffee. We normally get 6-8 boxes of coffee every 8 weeks. The pic is what we order every shipment but we always add a few extra to try.http://img.tapatalk.com/63b780dd-a108-318a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sniperella
07-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Fill out this form at Target for a free sample of Starbucks K-cups. You have to say you've never tried them before to get the sample! http://samples.target.com/

Ullrsdog
07-05-2012, 01:09 PM
never could bring myself to buy these...all of the waste seems to be too much for me...I use a gold filter in my drip coffee maker, and it is about 6-7 years old and works like it did day one. I also buy coffee from a company based in Colorado (roasts and delivers from their Denver location) or from a guy who roasts locally...both roasters cut down on the amount of energy it takes to get me my daily fix. I have had K-cups and the coffee is fine, its the waste that kills me.

HardlyCapable13
07-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Fill out this form at Target for a free sample of Starbucks K-cups. You have to say you've never tried them before to get the sample! http://samples.target.com/

Good call! Be here in 8-10 weeks! LOL

MoreCowBell87
07-05-2012, 05:53 PM
We get ours at BJ's Wholesale Club. You can get a box of... I think it's 85 cups for $30. Seems like a lot at once but you figure the average around here is about $9 for 12 cups so you get a lot more for your $30. I really like strong dark brews of coffe so I like the Green Mountain Dark Magic and the Nantucket Blends.

sniperella
07-06-2012, 07:58 AM
I got my free brew over ice Keurig mug thing yesterday in the mail! I lied and said I had a K-cup brew over ice machine to get it. It is one of those nifty hard plastic cups with the straw! Can't pass up a freebie like that! They run specials like that all the time for that stuff, I'll keep posting the links for yall!

Borlaxx
07-06-2012, 10:19 AM
My mom has one of these machines. People pretty much suggested all the kinds she gets, except she gets some kind of blueberry one that smells better than it tastes.

Personally, I haven't been impressed with the one's I have tried. They aren't bad, but IMO not any better than most kinds of coffee and way too expensive. I like strong coffee, and most of the kinds I tried were too weak, and the one that was suppose to be the strongest just tasted really, really bitter to me (like Starbucks that has been burning for hours).

I would rather have regular ground coffee which I can adjust the amount of grounds to my taste. Plus, unlike my mom who only drinks maybe a cup a day, we drink a lot of coffee (on the weekends the wife and I will drink on average 4 cups each a day) so these would just be too expensive. I honestly think these things are more fad than anything.

Bongtoker A2
07-08-2012, 01:35 PM
We use the K-cup re-useable coffee filter with ours. It is kit you can buy for the keurig that lets you use regular ground coffee instead of K-cups. It is much cheaper than buying the K-cups. I think costs about $15 bucks for the kit.

Ullrsdog
07-09-2012, 08:23 AM
I like strong coffee, and most of the kinds I tried were too weak, and the one that was suppose to be the strongest just tasted really, really bitter to me (like Starbucks that has been burning for hours).

I'll make you a pot Borlaxx...I am not allowed to make coffee at the office unless I use the pre-measured packages because all the little babies can't handle the strength...My mom's in town to watch my son's T-Ball game tonight and when I was telling her how I make my coffee she noted..."at least one less scoop of beans" next to my note saying "6 HEAPING scoops for 6 cups of water."

My point is K-cups or other premeasured methods always seem a touch weak for my tastes as well...I usually double up on the coffee packs in hotels and that sort of thing.

sniperella
08-08-2012, 11:25 AM
http://www.budgetsavvydiva.com/2012/08/free-keurig-brew-ice-tumbler/

go to that link, then on to the facebook link for a free cup! Just lie and say you have the machine that it asks about to get the cup. This offer won't last long so do it asap. I already got one earlier this summer, it is a nice little cup!

HardlyCapable13
08-08-2012, 06:23 PM
http://www.budgetsavvydiva.com/2012/08/free-keurig-brew-ice-tumbler/

go to that link, then on to the facebook link for a free cup! Just lie and say you have the machine that it asks about to get the cup. This offer won't last long so do it asap. I already got one earlier this summer, it is a nice little cup!

:( Don't have a Facebook.