PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead - By Telltale Games

xMisFitToyx
08-15-2012, 02:47 PM
This game is available on XBOX360, PS3, PC/MAC, iPhone/iPad

I had played the demo for this game a couple of months ago ... and didn't really like it. The section they put out for demo did no justice for this game.
Last month they made chapters 1 & 2 available free for Playstation Plus subscribers, so I said "Trophy Time" what the hell.
The first chapter starts a little slow (part of the demo), but as you get farther into the chapter ... Whoa!!! it starts getting good. Second chapter will take you on a psychological rollercoaster. This game is FREAKING AWESOME.
I am hoping they will release the next few chapters soon, because I will definitely buy them.

If you are a Playstation Plus Subscriber ... Do yourself a favor and download the first 2 chapters for free. Everybody else, I highly recomend this game.

http://webassets.scea.com/pscomauth/groups/public/documents/webasset/ps3-game-6082-ss5.jpg

TheFreak75
08-15-2012, 03:41 PM
I have the first two chapters and the game is incredible!!!! I think the third chapter is coming out this month. I always go back to the beginning to do different choices and see how the game goes. I do recommend getting the game if you're a zombie or walking dead fan.

HardlyCapable13
08-15-2012, 04:15 PM
Yup. Great game and fresh style/artwork. Going back to the old point and click roots.

mechatool
08-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Anybody try this game on the iPad yet? I was thinking about getting it for the iPad.

Beano
08-16-2012, 02:55 PM
How long does it take to complete each chapter? Just wondering because I was thinking about buying it, but don't have the plus membership.

xMisFitToyx
08-16-2012, 04:15 PM
How long does it take to complete each chapter? Just wondering because I was thinking about buying it, but don't have the plus membership.

I think you can buy the Season Pass for $20?? (All 5 episodes) 1 & 2 are out now and I think they are releasing chapter 3 this month some time.

It took me 2 nights to complete both chapters ... maybe a couple hours each night.

xMisFitToyx
08-28-2012, 03:33 PM
The Walking Dead: Episode 3 Hits PSN Today

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7276/7881834284_749057c5a0_z.jpg

LINK: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/28/the-walking-dead-episode-3-hits-psn-today/

TheFreak75
10-10-2012, 10:36 PM
Just finished playing chapter 4, WOW!!!!!! What a game. I cannot wait for the next chapter to come out and see how everything unravels. I want to go back and start it over again to see if the outcome of this chapter changes or stays the same. :eek:

xMisFitToyx
10-11-2012, 08:29 AM
Just finished playing chapter 4, WOW!!!!!! What a game. I cannot wait for the next chapter to come out and see how everything unravels. I want to go back and start it over again to see if the outcome of this chapter changes or stays the same. :eek:

I was just talking about this game with the family last night. I will be getting episode 3 and 4 as soon as I finish Borderlands 2.

TheFreak75
10-11-2012, 08:44 AM
You will not regret getting this game, but everyone in my family keep asking me about the outcomes

xMisFitToyx
10-11-2012, 08:57 AM
You will not regret getting this game, but everyone in my family keep asking me about the outcomes

I played ep 1 & 2 and think it is AWESOME. So 3 & 4 are a no brainer.

HardlyCapable13
10-11-2012, 09:08 AM

HOLY CRAP! I had no idea 4 was out! How am I going to pry myself away from Dishonored now...?

TheFreak75
10-11-2012, 09:18 AM
Hey I did remember it's just a chapter, believe me by the end of the chapter you will be HOLY S*#@!!!!!

HardlyCapable13
11-30-2012, 09:43 AM
Finished the final episode last night. Great game! Plenty of "holy shit" moments in that episode alone.
Read episode one season 2 on track for next spring.

xMisFitToyx
01-01-2013, 01:09 PM
WOOT!!!

http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/attachment.php?attachmentid=4897&d=1357063578http://cdn.yourgamercards.net/trophies/45221.png is my 1000th trophy :-P

theczech99
03-19-2013, 09:57 AM
I finally played episode 3 last night. :shocked: I played episode one on my iPhone and definitely think this game is better suited for a mobile device. If this game was available for the Vita I would have finished it weeks ago and probably started a second play through.

theczech99
03-22-2013, 12:13 PM
The best news I've read all week! Hopefully this won't take too long to release since it's already on other mobile devices.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/22/telltales-the-walking-dead-coming-to-playstation-vita

Today, IGN can confirm that season one of Telltale’s The Walking Dead will be coming to PlayStation Vita this year.
In an interview with PlayStation’s Director of Product Planning and Platform Software Innovation Don Mesa, it was revealed that Telltale’s critical and commercial smash-hit adventure series would migrate to Sony’s new handheld.
“Having [a studio] like Telltale, a very successful indie developer, coming in to support us sends a strong message,” Mesa told IGN in an extensive interview about all things PlayStation Vita.

In talking about how the Vita could offer unique experiences, Mesa continued speaking about the Vita iteration of the game. "Again, a good example is with The Walking Dead. We think that the emotion and the immersive experiences you're going to get there, wherever you're sitting, if you're in your living room and playing on your Vita or sitting at a café or at the bus stop and playing this, you get that shock or fright. I think that's going to be important. That's what we want to deliver as you're playing."
The release window for The Walking Dead season one on PlayStation Vita has yet to be determined. It’s also unclear if it will be released episodically – as it was on PS3 – or all at once. However, you can rest assured that it’s coming.

HardlyCapable13
07-04-2013, 06:04 PM
They released a DLC episode titled 400 days. You must purchase it from within the game (I am redownloading now).

FeelinKorny
07-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Its within the game? Damn that sucks. I gave my copy away after I beat it. But I still have my saves. I really thought they would put it up solo not via in the game. Im kinda pissed now.

HardlyCapable13
07-04-2013, 06:17 PM
Its within the game? Damn that sucks. I gave my copy away after I beat it. But I still have my saves. I really thought they would put it up solo not via in the game. Im kinda pissed now.

I thought this game was download only. Had no clue it was released on disc.

Just found out it doesn't release on 360 until tomorrow. I was ready to settle in for a night of playing this...

It is, however, already out on Steam and PSN North America (Europe on July 10)

Toxic Avenger72
07-05-2013, 08:58 AM
So, 400 days is out now?

If it anything like the first 5 episodes (which was totally awesome), I'm gonna have to get it.

TheFreak75
07-06-2013, 02:47 PM
So, 400 days is out now?

If it anything like the first 5 episodes (which was totally awesome), I'm gonna have to get it.

It is nothing like the first 5 episodes, gameplay still the same, choice is still important, but the story fell flat, no continuation or connection to the the first group of people, or to the TV series. I didn't like it!

Toxic Avenger72
07-06-2013, 03:42 PM
It is nothing like the first 5 episodes, gameplay still the same, choice is still important, but the story fell flat, no continuation or connection to the the first group of people, or to the TV series. I didn't like it!

Yeah, I'm playing it now. It's not holding my attention like the first 5 episodes. Big disappointment. Oh well, it was only $5.

TheFreak75
07-06-2013, 08:05 PM
Yeah, I'm playing it now. It's not holding my attention like the first 5 episodes. Big disappointment. Oh well, it was only $5.

What you think about the story??

HardlyCapable13
07-06-2013, 08:54 PM
This was pretty good. I was under the impression season 2 wasn't going to follow the same group. This pretty much made that clear. I read that your decisions in 400 days impact season 2 so I think these are your characters. I'm sure it will all become clear.

SouthtownSlayer
08-25-2013, 10:13 PM
I finally got to playing this and just finished the first chapter!! Definitely has my interest!!

Edit: I just finished this game this morning and have to say that it was freaking AWESOME!!! I can honestly say I wished it hadn't ended and my wife felt the same way!! She sat there this morning while I was playing and was probably into the story as much as I was!! Very well done on TTG's part!!!

xMisFitToyx
11-14-2013, 10:17 AM
WOOT!!

Got my 2nd Platinum for this game

First time on the PS3, Now on the Vita. :tongue:

Gink
03-25-2014, 06:24 PM
Has anyone played any of the Season 2 episodes available so far? I finally got around to playing through season 1. I wasn't expecting much from it after playing the demo, and not really enjoying point and click adventure style games anymore, but wow. I pretty much played an episode a day, and spent a lot of time after I finished thinking about the game and the choices I'd made. The story and characters really got to me. Do any of the characters return in Season 2? Or is it a brand new story?

HardlyCapable13
03-25-2014, 06:58 PM
Has anyone played any of the Season 2 episodes available so far? I finally got around to playing through season 1. I wasn't expecting much from it after playing the demo, and not really enjoying point and click adventure style games anymore, but wow. I pretty much played an episode a day, and spent a lot of time after I finished thinking about the game and the choices I'd made. The story and characters really got to me. Do any of the characters return in Season 2? Or is it a brand new story?

Well, as for returning characters in season 2,
you play as Clem.

I enjoyed season 1 much more, as it seemed there was more to explore and do, but if I would still highly recommend season 2.

Also check out their other series, Wolf Among Us, based on the Fable comics. Great story! Only 2 episodes out at the moment.

They are working on and Borderlands series and Game of Thrones series as well!

HardlyCapable13
05-14-2014, 10:11 PM
Season 2, episode 3.

Holy shit...

That is all.

TheFreak75
05-15-2014, 05:23 AM
Really HC , that's it???

HardlyCapable13
05-15-2014, 08:38 AM
Really HC , that's it???

Ok how about this; it's the best episode Telltale has done to date, including The Wolf Among Us series.

HardlyCapable13
07-23-2014, 11:04 PM
Season 2 Episode 4 in the books. Great writing; they really set that hook with this series.