PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Honor: Warfighter - who's getting it?

Sckrapps
09-24-2012, 11:54 PM
I know there is a thread on MoH:W in the multi-console area, but since I'm pretty much only interested in the responses of the X360'rs it made more sense to post here...

A lot of times I will decide to get a game (or not) depending on what the rest of Team MP is doing, especially in the case of FPS's. I imagine I'm not the only one that feels this way, and given that MoH's last go-round alienated a lot of people it seemed like it would be worthwhile to see who else might be getting this game, since some people might buy this game once a critical mass is reached.

So who, if anyone, has already pre-ordered this game?

I received an Amazon gift-card for my birthday a couple weeks ago, and am really, really close to pre-ordering this, and might go ahead and do it if I knew other people were getting it.

LandShark
09-25-2012, 07:17 AM
im 90% sure im getting it. But i was that way with NCAA13 and never picked it up.

Retro
09-25-2012, 08:42 AM
I'm about 99% sure about getting it. I'll see how the beta goes in a couple weeks.

roadrnr
09-25-2012, 08:43 AM
I haven't pre ordered it, but I'm getting it for sure. I'm one of the few that liked the last one. I put like 60+ hours in on the MP and really did enjoy it. I'm looking forward to this one too.

HardlyCapable13
09-25-2012, 09:02 AM
Like Retro, I will see how the beta goes. If all goes well and I'm still digging this game, I will most likely get it at launch. I'm heading out to Gamestop that day to pick up Forza Horizon anyway...

Madlob75
09-25-2012, 09:09 AM
I haven't pre-ordered it yet, but I plan on getting it. I really enjoyed MoH, but I'm worried about all the new changes.

ROW
09-25-2012, 09:55 AM
Yeah, i'm getting this on ps3 .. shld be good like the first one' .. is there going to be a list, for any ps3 players, who will be getting this game ??

xMisFitToyx
09-25-2012, 10:09 AM
Yeah, i'm getting this on ps3 .. shld be good like the first one' .. is there going to be a list, for any ps3 players, who will be getting this game ??

I'm getting it on PS3 as well ..... I'll look into making active player lists for each console form this game.

TonkaToys
09-26-2012, 05:27 AM
Here are the threads chaps:

MOH Xbox
MOH PS3

BO2 Xbox
BO2 PS3

xMisFitToyx
09-26-2012, 07:26 AM
Here are the threads chaps:

MOH Xbox
MOH PS3

BO2 Xbox
BO2 PS3

The links to these threads are also in the "Active Player" lists as well.

To access these lists. @ the top of this page click on "Forums" (http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/forum.php) .... Next, in the forum listings, click on "Clan Info" (http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/forumdisplay.php?5-Clan-Info) ... Finally click on "Sticky: Links to Active Player Lists for New Recruits" (http://www.teammp.net/VB_TeamMP/showthread.php?4392-Links-to-Active-Player-Lists-for-New-Recruits)

sam007
09-26-2012, 12:32 PM
I'll get it if it goes on sale down the road for PC and play the SP.

Sckrapps
09-30-2012, 06:35 PM
Thanks to all who replied. I think I'll go with the consensus and wait and see how the Beta plays out. There will still be enough time to pre-order after that. Fingers crossed for Danger Close on this one...

Retro
09-30-2012, 08:08 PM
It would be a definite buy for me even without a beta/demo if it were not for all the games coming out over the next 8 weeks and all the games I've bought during the previous 8 weeks.

So many games, so little money. Have to be picky. Alright, pickier.

Sckrapps
10-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Yeah, I have a co-worker who is in the same boat. He can't decide between MoH, Halo 4, and BO2. I suck at Halo and can't get into CoD games so the decision is easier for me. ha!

But back to topic.... I guess the Beta should land pretty much anyday now. First week of October is what I saw somewhere. Once it is released please post here and let us know that it has landed! I know there are some days I don't even turn on the console, so a heads-up on the forum would be helpful (for me at least).

Toxic Avenger72
10-01-2012, 05:07 PM
But back to topic.... I guess the Beta should land pretty much anyday now. First week of October is what I saw somewhere. Once it is released please post here and let us know that it has landed! I know there are some days I don't even turn on the console, so a heads-up on the forum would be helpful (for me at least).

The beta is scheduled to drop on October 5th.

Sckrapps
10-01-2012, 05:29 PM
The beta is scheduled to drop on October 5th.

Ha, sweet. Don't know why that didn't show up on the "Beta" Page of their website, or when I googled it, but this is the precise reason I posted. Thanks Toxic!

Hope to see a bunch of you 360 guys on this upcoming weekend. I'll try to post back for our PS3 brothers-in-arms, but consoles can be so different I hesitate to make any recommendations across platforms.

Wildbill
10-03-2012, 08:53 AM
I preordered it and will be playing the beta. :)

TheFreak75
10-03-2012, 10:17 AM
I will probably get it but won't pre order the game till after I play the Beta!!

Toxic Avenger72
10-03-2012, 10:39 AM
My copy is pre-ordered and plan on playing the beta.

This is an older vid but gives an example of what hotspot mode is like. The beta is hotspot mode on the Sarajevo Stadium map.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adLfg7ILYsw

jkodrigues
10-03-2012, 10:51 AM
i will decide after the beta, there is not enough money for all the games i want, so i have to choose carefully

Retro
10-03-2012, 02:53 PM
there is not enough money for all the games i want, so i have to choose carefully

Welcome to the club.

TheFreak75
10-03-2012, 03:04 PM
It sucks, and because a whole bunch of good games are coming out this month ; nba2k13, dishonor, assassin's Creed 3, moh, anything else I'm missing. These are all games I want to get but not enough money and if you take games for credit they will give you crap for them :mad:

Retro
10-03-2012, 05:08 PM
It sucks, and because a whole bunch of good games are coming out this month ; nba2k13, dishonor, assassin's Creed 3, moh, anything else I'm missing. These are all games I want to get but not enough money and if you take games for credit they will give you crap for them :mad:

Forza Horizon & NFS: Most Wanted.

I think I'm going with MoH for launch day. I told my wife I wanted Forza for my birthday which will be only a few weeks after release. Same with AC3 & BlOps 2, put them on the "list" she asked for.

Sckrapps
10-19-2012, 06:39 PM
Given how not a single person on the 360 appears to have pre-ordered this, and the almost uniformly negative response to the beta (at least on the forums), I *won't* be pre-ordering this.

I was sort of sitting on my hands hoping that some other people might pre-order, but maybe too many of us were doing the same thing? Regardless, FPS's aren't fun without Team MP, so I'll be passing on MoH unless I notice a bunch of people picking it up after reviews/release.

TheFreak75
10-19-2012, 07:05 PM
Hey Skrapps, I think there are a few of us that did pre order the game, myself included. Check because I'm pretty sure a lot of people us will be playing it when it comes out.

Sckrapps
10-19-2012, 07:15 PM
Check because I'm pretty sure a lot of people us will be playing it when it comes out.

Sweet - I hope so! I was looking forward to MoH, but it seemed like it failed to reach a critical mass. Nobody on the X360 side has signed up on the pre-order list on the forum, which is why I had given up hope. Is there a thread somewhere that I'm missing?

TheFreak75
10-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Sweet - I hope so! I was looking forward to MoH, but it seemed like it failed to reach a critical mass. Nobody on the X360 side has signed up on the pre-order list on the forum, which is why I had given up hope. Is there a thread somewhere that I'm missing?

I was one that didn't like the beta, but after playing it for a while I enjoyed it, but and I'm actually looking forward for the single player also

Retro
10-19-2012, 08:25 PM
I didn't pre-order and was pretty much not going to get it after the beta (hated it). But I think I gave up one it too fast as well.

Just got a Wal-Mart flyer today that said they would be selling it for $39.83 on Tuesday. If it's not a mis-print I'm definitely getting it. If it is a mis-print they better have a correction notice up on the front door or I'm still getting it for $39.83!

Harshfence
10-19-2012, 09:10 PM
I pre-ordered it tonight. I am don't know how much multiplayer I will partake in, but I really liked the story and gameplay of the 1st one and that is why I am buying it. I will try out the MP to see if I like it when I get it. I have watched JK's videos and it doesn't look too bad to me (I am a fan of both BF and COD), but I will see when I play it.