PDA

View Full Version : MoH: WF - Beta

Retro
10-01-2012, 11:12 AM
The beta date has been announced for Oct. 5th.

http://mp1st.com/2012/10/01/medal-of-honor-warfighter-beta-dated/

Toxic Avenger72
10-01-2012, 01:01 PM
I hope the mp invite system is better than the last MOH. :)

HardlyCapable13
10-02-2012, 08:56 AM
The beta date has been announced for Oct. 5th.

http://mp1st.com/2012/10/01/medal-of-honor-warfighter-beta-dated/

Good find! Any word on the length of the beta?

Sckrapps
10-04-2012, 09:34 PM
Any word on the length of the beta?

I'm pretty sure it is one game type on one map. I forget the name of it, but you basically have to set off a bomb in the OPFORs base. The map is "Sarajevo Stadium," and I read somewhere they held some of the Olympic games there once upon a time.

Basically what this means to me is that its going to be like the BF3 beta and Metro, and no one is going to want to play Sarajevo Stadium when the full game drops :)

TheFreak75
10-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Now how do we get the beta, will it be in the marketplace for download or do we have to preorder the game to get it????

jkodrigues
10-05-2012, 12:58 PM
i checked the maeketplace twice today and nothing so far on the beta

TheFreak75
10-05-2012, 01:02 PM
i checked the maeketplace twice today and nothing so far on the beta

I wonder.......

Toxic Avenger72
10-05-2012, 01:04 PM
There is now a place for the beta in the marketplace but still can't download it. Drop time was supposed to be at 11 am CST. Time now is TBD today. :mad:

TheFreak75
10-05-2012, 01:10 PM
There is now a place for the beta in the marketplace but still can't download it. Drop time was supposed to be at 11 am CST. Time now is TBD today. :mad:

Thanks for the update Tox!!!

HardlyCapable13
10-05-2012, 01:17 PM

...is it happening again?

xMisFitToyx
10-05-2012, 01:22 PM
I sure am glad that the PS3 doesn't have the MOH: Warfighter Beta.

I haven't finished Borderlands 2 yet, and it would interfere with that game. :P

HardlyCapable13
10-05-2012, 01:28 PM
I sure am glad that the PS3 doesn't have the MOH: Warfighter Beta.

I haven't finished Borderlands 2 yet, and it would interfere with that game. :P

You had to go there, didn't ya?

TheFreak75
10-05-2012, 01:29 PM
Rub it in!!, these PS3 guys :banghead:
LOL!!!!

roadrnr
10-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Meh..I'd rather play MOH beta :banplease:

xMisFitToyx
10-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Meh..I'd rather play MOH beta :banplease:

http://caccioppoli.com/Animated%20gifs/Disney/Pinocchio/0037.gif

Sckrapps
10-05-2012, 02:33 PM
For those of you keeping score at the office...

Just checked on the Beta and still nothing there as of 3:30pm EDT. Maybe by 5pm *fingers crossed*

jkodrigues
10-05-2012, 03:08 PM
nothing in my xbox marketplace for the beta yet

Toxic Avenger72
10-05-2012, 03:16 PM
It is now live. You have to go to the online xbox marketplace and purchase it (free) there. 1.61 GB.

HardlyCapable13
10-05-2012, 03:29 PM
It is now live. You have to go to the online xbox marketplace and purchase it (free) there. 1.61 GB.

Thanks for the update. That's good news, although I won't even be able to touch it til Monday. Anyone know how long the beta period will be?

Sckrapps
10-05-2012, 03:36 PM
Thanks Toxic! DLing it now - I will be busy early evening but am really hoping to catch up with a MP fireteam tonight.

@Hardly - I think I misunderstood your question earlier. I haven't seen the dates listed anywhere. Since this is more of a stress-test than a real beta, my guess would be that they run it for two weeks, then shut it down the week before the game drops in order to do some server maintenance. No real info - just my conjecture from what I've seen with other "betas" in the past.

HardlyCapable13
10-05-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks Toxic! DLing it now - I will be busy early evening but am really hoping to catch up with a MP fireteam tonight.

@Hardly - I think I misunderstood your question earlier. I haven't seen the dates listed anywhere. Since this is more of a stress-test than a real beta, my guess would be that they run it for two weeks, then shut it down the week before the game drops in order to do some server maintenance. No real info - just my conjecture from what I've seen with other "betas" in the past.

No worries. I didn't even realize that was a response to my question until I went back and looked at it just now.
I just want to make sure I have a chance to check it out before they pull it.

Sckrapps
10-05-2012, 04:04 PM
No worries. I didn't even realize that was a response to my question until I went back and looked at it just now.
I just want to make sure I have a chance to check it out before they pull it.

My guess is that you'll be alright. If they don't have it up for at least two weekends then they're not really accomplishing much. I'd be surprised if it was pulled before Mon the 15th or lasted past Fri the 19th.

If its not broken then I plan on playing the heck out of it, and will definitely look for you next week!

black powder
10-06-2012, 12:04 AM
thanks for the beta games everyone, wildbill, freak, toxic, visod, skrapps and retro, as usuall I can't hit much other than myself when I throw a frag, I remember atleast 3 that I dropped at my own feet. It seems like a pretty fun game, and maybe more in between battlefield and COD...faster paced and yet some team work needed to get through to the objectives, or maybe more luckily spawning in good places. It's a little annoying spawning right now, but it's early and it's a nice change of games. I keep thinking I'd be better at this one :doh:

Retro
10-06-2012, 12:13 AM
Limited time with it but right now, not impressed.

dinsdale1978
10-06-2012, 07:53 PM
I started off not liking it but once I slowed down and watched and listened to the traffic patterns it got more engaging. A fireteam buddy is a must.

Also eff the Canadian class that it seems eryone wants to use to run around and axe everyone

Madlob75
10-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Yeah, those damn Canadians. They are some sneaky bastards.

jkodrigues
10-07-2012, 07:32 AM
i played a few games last night and i am not impressed
one big question for me is why that map?
in my opinion its not a great map design and also makes the graphics look bad and way bellow par comparing to games like mw3 or bf3
i know is just a beta and the full game will be better
the things i dont like are the graphics, the sound, the spawn system
things i like the menus, the pace of the game, the ability to choose nationality and special forces and weapon customisation

HardlyCapable13
10-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Looking forward at taking a crack at this tomorrow. If its bad that just means one less game I have to pick up this fall.

Sckrapps
10-07-2012, 06:36 PM
I've enjoyed it so far, and its definitely worth giving it a whirl. Like Blackpowder said, it seems to be a cross between BF3 and CoD. Not the full clip kills of the former, or the one-shot kills of the latter. The spawn system is definitely broken. I had two or three enemies spawn in to my front or side and kill me, which is lame. I've had a few stability problems too, getting kicked to the dashboard. Ditto what Dinsdale said about the Canadians - I'm sick of getting hacked to death.

But I don't want to focus on the negative too much. On the plus side I like the feel and pace of it. It was easy to get into and fun. Intangible, to be sure, but I was really enjoying it when other MPs were playing it. Solo, not so much. I want to see how the rest of the beta plays out before I commit, but I'm leaning towards it.

Hope to see some more MPs on over the next couple evenings.

Madlob75
10-08-2012, 12:16 PM
I've been watching some of the gameplay vids and noticed that there doesn't seem to be much recoil while firing. I was hoping this would be one of the things they changed from MOH2010. How does this compare to MOH2010 and BF3?

HardlyCapable13
10-08-2012, 02:31 PM
Got in a couple matches today. No MPeeps on so I was solo. I am not impressed at all.
I understand it's a beta but the graphics, to me, were very sub-par. I couldn't stand the menus. The game was a little faster paced than I was expecting. A ton of graphical and sound glitches (again, I do understand it's a beta). I probably didn't help that I had no clue what I was doing.
I'm not sure if it was the map, the fact that I sucked, or the fact that there were a ton of snipers hiding up high picking everyone off, but I did not enjoy it. Not at all what I was expecting.

jkodrigues
10-10-2012, 11:25 AM
one of my few games from last night
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-J6K0aQHW70

Sckrapps
10-10-2012, 06:12 PM
That's what one of my games tends to look like, except I usually end up with a lot less points!

Badgerute
10-10-2012, 07:30 PM

yikes. sorta wish I wouldnt have watched that. I was really excited about this possibly supplanting BF3, but after that, i dont know. Looks sort of cartoonish, lots of running and gunning, and with no kick on the guns. That's one thing I really like about BF3 - it takes skill to actually shoot because of the kick.

Ullrsdog
10-11-2012, 08:58 AM
yikes. sorta wish I wouldnt have watched that. I was really excited about this possibly supplanting BF3, but after that, i dont know. Looks sort of cartoonish, lots of running and gunning, and with no kick on the guns. That's one thing I really like about BF3 - it takes skill to actually shoot because of the kick.

i have seen several videos online and I have to agree the lack of recoil seems a bit of a common theme. I never played any of the MOH games online, but played a couple of the SP's and honestly what I saw with killstreaks, and revives based on killing the guy that killed your buddy just seemed a bit like COD to me. Maybe bigger maps but nothing I have seen has made me think WOW I have to get this. I may end up just sticking to BF until all of the DLC's and the related assignments are done.

Madlob75
10-11-2012, 09:20 AM
I'm still keeping my mind open. The BF3 beta wasn't a real good example of the full game, so I'm assuming its the same case here. As for the recoil, I thought I saw in one of the official trailers recoil while shooting. Another thing they need to add is bullet drop. On MOH10 the snipers would sit back in the spawn and dial people in with no problem. All in all, I think it will be a good diversion, but I don't see myself straying too far from BF3.

DayliteMag
10-11-2012, 09:22 AM

Thanks for posting, JK. I am definitely going to take a "wait and see" attitude with this release. I'm starting to question how helpful these Betas really are. I can appreciate that from the developers perspective they can benefit from testing of the software, but from a marketing point of view it seems a bit suspect.

RC-1136
10-11-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm still keeping my mind open. The BF3 beta wasn't a real good example of the full game, so I'm assuming its the same case here. As for the recoil, I thought I saw in one of the official trailers recoil while shooting. Another thing they need to add is bullet drop. On MOH10 the snipers would sit back in the spawn and dial people in with no problem. All in all, I think it will be a good diversion, but I don't see myself straying too far from BF3.

I agree. From what I've heard the graphics in the beta are no where near what the real game will be like. Just like the BF3 beta. I am mainly getting this for the SP campaign. If the MP is good that is a bonus. I hope you guys still decide to get it on the PS3. I need a good Fire Team team mate to carry my ass.

HardlyCapable13
10-11-2012, 11:04 AM
I understand all opinions on this game. I've crossed it off my list, but may take another look at picking it up when price drops (mostly to check out the SP). I've played the beta a handful of times, but nothing made me really want to go back to it like the BF3 beta did. It was too fast paced and if I'm not mistaken they have a version of killstreaks, which I absolutely hate. I guess what I'm saying is from what I've played it's just not for me, but I do see how others will enjoy it.

jacknighttamer
10-11-2012, 11:20 AM
I agree. From what I've heard the graphics in the beta are no where near what the real game will be like. Just like the BF3 beta. I am mainly getting this for the SP campaign. If the MP is good that is a bonus. I hope you guys still decide to get it on the PS3. I need a good Fire Team team mate to carry my ass.

I'm with you RC, I'm mainly getting this for the SP campaign, the first one was very good, to me the best one I've played. I will be your Fire Teammate until you can get a better one, because I'm also looking for someone to carry me.

jkodrigues
10-11-2012, 02:05 PM
i will try and record some more gameplay tonight, also to try and get a bit of better quality on the footage because that one is a bit dark
there is recoil but its easy to control by firing in bursts, dont know about bullet drop because the map is not big enough to snipe and see if it actually does drop
in my opinion this a decent game but is it worth the money or should i wait for something better
there is lots of great games coming out and after the disappointing medal of honor 2010 and homefront i choose to wait and see after the launch
one last thing , until now there has been no word on how old this beta really is, i have seen videos from the alfa played on the pc and it looks much better, is it the pc that makes it look better? or is it this map that makes it look bad?

jkodrigues
10-13-2012, 11:57 AM
ok my second video and the quality looks much better
also i am starting to like it a bit more, is it enough to buy at launch?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjvrRBx4BUM