PDA

View Full Version : Can MW3 be hacked on WiiU

austin
10-02-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm assuming that it will be possible to play multiplayer MW3 in the WiiU.

Will the hack codes that ruined MW3 on Wii be transferrable to the WiiU?

Will it be more difficult for these cheaters to ruin MW3 on the WiiU? thanks.

Mutt
10-02-2012, 10:42 AM
There's very little Nintendo has said about online for the Wii U. I believe there is going to be another Nintendo Direct before launch with more online and eShop details.

I'm not sure if the Wii emulator is going to be using the newer Nintendo Network or the old network. I do know Mario Kart 7 was the first game to use Nintendo Network. There was an exploit in the game that they patched with version 1.1.

I really don't know, but I would hope that 3rd party would patch these exploits and hacks on the Wii U. On the PC side of Black Ops 2 they are going to be aggressive with banning hackers and cheaters. I would love to see that transcend to consoles.

HardlyCapable13
10-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Not trying to change the subject here, but I like what Rockstar did with hackers in Max Payne 3. If you get caught hacking, you are thrown into a "hacker only" server. That is the only server hackers can play on, so they are always playing other hackers and getting a taste of their own medicine.

Mutt
10-02-2012, 11:02 AM
That's a really cool idea! I don't know why Activision doesn't adopt something like that.

Danbo
10-02-2012, 11:51 AM
I'm assuming that it will be possible to play multiplayer MW3 in the WiiU.

Will the hack codes that ruined MW3 on Wii be transferrable to the WiiU?

Will it be more difficult for these cheaters to ruin MW3 on the WiiU? thanks.

To answer your question directly: As of the launch date: NO. However, I am sure that once softmods begin to emerge onto the black market, hackers will find ways into the game. and Kiddy-coders will then be treated to cheat codes. (notice there is a difference between a hacker and a kiddy-coder who just copy-pastes some code into their game) That being said, I think the game will be clean at least 3-6 months. I dare hope Nintendo will find a way to legitimize this game more than the previous titles. Glitchers I can handle...but kiddy-coders, no.

This is just my opinion based on what I know about these types of things :)

Mutt
10-02-2012, 12:18 PM
To answer your question directly: As of the launch date: NO. However, I am sure that once softmods begin to emerge onto the black market, hackers will find ways into the game. and Kiddy-coders will then be treated to cheat codes. (notice there is a difference between a hacker and a kiddy-coder who just copy-pastes some code into their game) That being said, I think the game will be clean at least 3-6 months. I dare hope Nintendo will find a way to legitimize this game more than the previous titles. Glitchers I can handle...but kiddy-coders, no.

This is just my opinion based on what I know about these types of things :)

The 3DS has been out for over a year and a half and still no soft mods or hacked carts. They are very aggressive with the firmware updates this gen and it's going to continue with the Wii U.

Danbo
10-02-2012, 01:41 PM
I sure hope so! With the current strength of the Wii MP team...I recon a legit playing field will be in our favor, and by far!

Major Stains
10-02-2012, 05:02 PM
I sure hope so! With the current strength of the Wii MP team...I recon a legit playing field will be in our favor, and by far!

This is all the kiddy-coders will see coming... "The [MP] Express"

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff518/CosmoK71/choochoo.jpg

Mutt
10-02-2012, 05:04 PM
This is all the kiddy-coders will see coming... "The [MP] Express"

http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff518/CosmoK71/choochoo.jpg

Awesome pic!

tweety
10-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Brillant! Good one Stains!