PDA

View Full Version : Ipad 4th gen and ipad mini

Tat2Pirate
10-23-2012, 04:07 PM
So apple announced the ipad 4th gen and the ipad mini will anybody be buying either one of these new ipads? I know i'll be getting a mini as my ipad 3 is awesome enough

HardlyCapable13
10-23-2012, 04:11 PM
So apple announced the ipad 4th gen and the ipad mini will anybody be buying either one of these new ipads? I know i'll be getting a mini as my ipad 3 is awesome enough

I'll update my second gen iPad to an iPad 3 when the 4 is released. The savings are amazing. That's what I did with my original iPad, got a 2nd gen when 3 came out. Same thing with my iPhone. I don't see the need to drop that kind of dough just because something is "new".

As for the iPad mini...no thanks, that's what my iPhone is for.

Major Stains
10-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Apple don't even drop the prices when the next gen come out over here.

I love the size of the iPad as it stands, any smaller seems odd to me.
Like HC says, the iPhone fills that void nicely!

Gink
10-23-2012, 06:56 PM
After growing up using Apple and Mac computers and being a bit of a fanboy I think Apple and I are growing apart :Cry:
I picked up a 10" Android tablet in 2011 and have realized I use it for things Apple doesn't allow to be easily done on an iPad (File Sharing, Network Browsing, SSH, SMB support, and streaming media from non-Apple devices, built in HDMI, SD Card, etc.) The wife just traded her old iPhone for a Samsung Galaxy S III, and I just ordered a 7" Android tablet from China for $50 for the kids to mess with. The last functioning Apple devices around here are my iPhone4 and the old iPod Nano 2Gb that lives in my glovebox. When my phone wears out I have a feeling I'll be going with some Android phone or the other.

Apple = More polished and user-friendly, Android = Less restricted, cheaper, and better for tinkerers and tech dweebs.