PDA

View Full Version : Did any XBOX'ers pick up MOHWF?

DayliteMag
10-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Did you buy the game? Are you enjoying it? It would be good to hear some reviews for those who are thinking about it but not sure.

TheFreak75
10-24-2012, 02:11 PM
I've seen a couple of guys playing it last night, I for one will be getting this either today or Friday!

Retro
10-24-2012, 02:19 PM
I got it. I've only been playing the SP and it's pretty good so far. I might try out some MP tonight.

HardlyCapable13
10-24-2012, 02:39 PM
My GameFly rental should arrive today. Not sure if I'll be able to tear myself away from Forza Horizon though...

HardlyCapable13
10-24-2012, 04:03 PM
Just got it in the mail from GameFly. Was hoping an online code would be included since I'm the first rental, but no such luck. The punks packing these to ship are probably selling them on eBay.

I guess no online for me...

TheFreak75
10-24-2012, 05:27 PM
Just got the game, and will give updates once I get a chance to play it

Sckrapps
10-24-2012, 05:38 PM
I preordered it from Amazon and its supposed to arrive either today or tomorrow. Once I get a couple hours in I'll post a few thoughts back here, FWIW.

Sckrapps
10-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Just got it in the mail from GameFly. Was hoping an online code would be included since I'm the first rental, but no such luck. The punks packing these to ship are probably selling them on eBay.

I guess no online for me...

Can you not play at all, or is it just some maps/unlocks that require the key? Either way, that's lame. Maybe a local Blockbuster (if any of those still exist in your neck of the woods)? If you're the first one you could nab that key and then send back your Gamefly copy....

HardlyCapable13
10-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Can you not play at all, or is it just some maps/unlocks that require the key? Either way, that's lame. Maybe a local Blockbuster (if any of those still exist in your neck of the woods)? If you're the first one you could nab that key and then send back your Gamefly copy....

Won't be able to play online at all. No more local brick and mortar stores. This online key thing ruins it for rentals!

Sckrapps
10-24-2012, 07:42 PM
Won't be able to play online at all. No more local brick and mortar stores. This online key thing ruins it for rentals!

That's crazy - I know they're trying to strangle the secondary market, but that's just not a good way of marketing your game. I can understand limiting your online experience without the code, which is what a lot of games seem to do, but to effectively disable it is not a good way of winning fans and followers. Poor decision Danger Close.

Sckrapps
10-25-2012, 01:35 PM
@ Hardly - I played last night and in the midst of downloading stuff and entering codes I noticed that one of the options for setting up multiplayer was "free trial" - I had a code and was excited to get online so I didn't fiddle around with it to see what it would do, but it sounds like you could try the MP for free. Don't know for how long, but if there was a time that we knew a bunch of Team MP'ers were going to be on you could redeem that free trial version and play at least for a day or two, I imagine.

HardlyCapable13
10-25-2012, 01:50 PM
@ Hardly - I played last night and in the midst of downloading stuff and entering codes I noticed that one of the options for setting up multiplayer was "free trial" - I had a code and was excited to get online so I didn't fiddle around with it to see what it would do, but it sounds like you could try the MP for free. Don't know for how long, but if there was a time that we knew a bunch of Team MP'ers were going to be on you could redeem that free trial version and play at least for a day or two, I imagine.

Sounds good. Thanks for the info.