PDA

View Full Version : MOHWF Tips and Tricks (All Platforms)

Spike Forehand
10-25-2012, 08:17 AM
Seeing as how there's so much to learn about tis game, I created a tips and tricks topic.

First one is what Misfit posted in the other thread:

I did notice that there is a little icon to the right of your name, that will flash a + if you need health. And if you approach someone needing health or ammo, the game instructs you to press square (for my controller setup - default). So anytime I approached anyone (even blueberrys), I was pressing square to give them health and top up their ammo.

Spike Forehand
10-25-2012, 08:25 AM
I'll add one that I learned last night:

When you go prone and put the bipod out with the Heavy Gunner a little radar thingie shows up on the mini-map that'll show enemy movement in front of you. (Also- according to a post on B- Log that RC made you get unlimited ammo).

I used this gun and tactic defending during Combat Mission on the jungle map and went 30-18. It was sweet.

xMisFitToyx
10-25-2012, 08:30 AM

When you go prone and put the bipod out with the Heavy Gunner a little radar thingie shows up on the mini-map that'll show enemy movement in front of you. (Also- according to a post on B- Log that RC made you get unlimited ammo).

I used this gun and tactic defending during Combat Mission on the jungle map and went 30-18. It was sweet.

I used the heavy gunner last night .... And, Yess ... Unlimited ammo with the bipod

Didn't notice a mini map ... But then again ... we seemed to keep getting into hardcore games.

Badgerute
10-25-2012, 01:35 PM

I hope they fix that. I have a feeling that will be the norm you see, rather than the exception when word gets out. People on pods spraying unlimited death. I've also noticed a lot of campers sitting in corners near flags just waiting for people to cap them. Because you have to get so close to the flag (think close quarters domination in bf3) you are a sitting duck for them. Really annoying.

RC-1136
10-25-2012, 01:45 PM
I hope they fix that. I have a feeling that will be the norm you see, rather than the exception when word gets out. People on pods spraying unlimited death. I've also noticed a lot of campers sitting in corners near flags just waiting for people to cap them. Because you have to get so close to the flag (think close quarters domination in bf3) you are a sitting duck for them. Really annoying.

One thing about when you're prone with bipod. You can't turn 360 degrees. Not even 180 I think. You can cover a choke point, but can be easily flanked. One other this is that you get up really slow. You can't get away from a well placed grenade. It is powerful, but can be easily countered.

Spike Forehand
10-25-2012, 01:50 PM
Yeah - grenades are pretty powerful in this game. Also noticed that unlike BF3 you can cook them, so if you know a guys there and are worried about him escaping you grenade, you can cook it so that it blows much quicker. I learned the hard way by blowing myself up a couple times.

Along those same lines - be careful with the triple grenades. Trying to throw them over a wall or a container is riskier cause there's a higher chance that one of em bounces back onto you.

I'm pretty good at blowing myself up.

mechatool
10-25-2012, 01:53 PM
I wish they would incorporate a grenade indicator when you are close to one. I died many times last night because i didn't know a grenade was next to me.

Badgerute
10-25-2012, 02:15 PM
I wish they would incorporate a grenade indicator when you are close to one. I died many times last night because i didn't know a grenade was next to me.

There is one but it is hard to see. A small red square with some icon (forget what it is) shows up when a nade is near. I believe a white box appears when either yours or a friendly nade is near.

Spike Forehand
10-25-2012, 02:19 PM
There is one but it is hard to see. A small red square with some icon (forget what it is) shows up when a nade is near. I believe a white box appears when either yours or a friendly nade is near.

Yeah - I think I saw one of those too. Could depend on the type of nade and/or if its been cooked. The regular ones are M67's, while the ones you throw 3at a time I think are V100's.

Also definitely heard a teammate's character call out the presence of a nade too.

xMisFitToyx
10-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Yeah - I think I saw one of those too. Could depend on the type of nade and/or if its been cooked. The regular ones are M67's, while the ones you throw 3at a time I think are V100's.

Also definitely heard a teammate's character call out the presence of a nade too.

It also shows where motars are going to land, with a yellow triangle that looks like a traffic warning sign.

Beano
10-25-2012, 08:30 PM
It also shows where motars are going to land, with a yellow triangle that looks like a traffic warning sign.

I think that is only shown when a friendly player places a kill streak action on that location. You'll never know when you are about to get pounded by enemy streaks.

SouthtownSlayer
10-26-2012, 08:08 AM

Can the opposing team see the yellow warning sign? Hopefully they change that if the OP4 can see it!

TOKENS

If you have tokens don't spend them until your done for the evening, if you have a multiplier bonus it will multiply your current total of coins by your multiplier. I had a x4 multiplier and ended up cashing in like 50 something tokens giving me something like a 200 token turn in.

Beano
10-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Can the opposing team see the yellow warning sign? Hopefully they change that if the OP4 can see it!

TOKENS

If you have tokens don't spend them until your done for the evening, if you have a multiplier bonus it will multiply your current total of coins by your multiplier. I had a x4 multiplier and ended up cashing in like 50 something tokens giving me something like a 200 token turn in.

You must have missed my post just above yours hehe. No they can't. You can see when your team puts it down though.

SouthtownSlayer
10-26-2012, 10:56 AM
You must have missed my post just above yours hehe. No they can't. You can see when your team puts it down though.

Odd, that post wasn't there when I made mine.

Sckrapps
10-26-2012, 11:14 AM
TOKENS

Do the tokens actually do anything? I was fiddling around with it in the Beta but never really figured out that they did anything.

TheFreak75
10-26-2012, 12:22 PM
I haven't even seen any tokens!!!! Where are they, everything in the game is so small, I can't see them.
Do the tokens actually do anything? I was fiddling around with it in the Beta but never really figured out that they did anything.

SouthtownSlayer
10-26-2012, 12:56 PM

Tokens and Total Contributors is calculated into a score for each nation, which will determine a "winner" after a set time. For every 10 tokens you get the "Warfighter Nations" ribbon and 500 XP for the ribbon.

Sckrapps
10-26-2012, 05:14 PM
I haven't even seen any tokens!!!! Where are they, everything in the game is so small, I can't see them.

After a mission when it totals up your points, ribbons, etc etc it will often say something about your tokens. You then redeem them on Battlelog - I don't know if there is a way to do it in game. As someone said about the MoH menus, they are a hot mess.

@Southtown - thanks man, probably the easiest way for me to get some XP!

Retro
10-26-2012, 06:16 PM
As someone said about the MoH menus, they are a hot mess.

Am I the only one who likes the menus?

SouthtownSlayer
10-30-2012, 09:59 AM
Watch the "Zero Dark Thirty (https://zerodarkthirty.ea.com/moh/)" Trailer and get a redeemable code to get the camo pictured below. Sadly, this code is only redeemable in the US and Canada. :cry (2):

http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r553/SouthtownSlayer/20121030105046.png

TheFreak75
10-30-2012, 10:07 AM
Am I the only one who likes the menus?

Yep I think you're the only one, I think they're too small, I can barely see

Beano
10-31-2012, 11:27 AM
With the menus a bit confusing and with the most attachments/addons to guns I've ever seen in a game, it takes too long to set your kits up before it spawns you in the game. So a trick I do before I play each night is set up a kit for each different class just the way I like it. I'll use the same soldier/weapon in each different \class all night long.

SouthtownSlayer
10-31-2012, 12:30 PM
I've noticed that playing the game mode "Hotspot" helps in leveling much faster than the other modes!

mechatool
10-31-2012, 03:00 PM
I do the same thing as you Beano. Before I play I set up all the class with the gun and attachments. Is Hotspot the mode where you have three objective and a ticket count?

Beano
10-31-2012, 04:06 PM
Ticket count is combat mission. Hotspot is timed and best 3 out of 5 takes the match.