PDA

View Full Version : Disney buying Lucasfilm...

HardlyCapable13
10-30-2012, 03:16 PM
...for $4 billion.

Walt Disney Co. is buying Lucasfilm in a $4 billion deal that brings the best-selling "Star Wars" franchise under the Disney umbrella, CNBC reported Tuesday.

Disney has long had a close relationship with closely held Lucasfilm and founder George Lucas, including featured attractions at Disney theme parks such as Star Tours at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Florida.

"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," said Lucas, 68, in a statement.

http://bottomline.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/30/14809629-disney-buying-lucasfilm-in-4-billion-deal?lite

Mutt
10-30-2012, 03:25 PM
...for $4 billion.

Walt Disney Co. is buying Lucasfilm in a $4 billion deal that brings the best-selling "Star Wars" franchise under the Disney umbrella, CNBC reported Tuesday.

Disney has long had a close relationship with closely held Lucasfilm and founder George Lucas, including featured attractions at Disney theme parks such as Star Tours at Disney's Hollywood Studios in Florida.

"It's now time for me to pass 'Star Wars' on to a new generation of filmmakers," said Lucas, 68, in a statement.

http://bottomline.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/30/14809629-disney-buying-lucasfilm-in-4-billion-deal?lite

Wow! Disney has Marvel too. Maybe we'll finally see some new good Star Wars movies!

Major Stains
10-30-2012, 03:41 PM
Disney would do well to invent a character worse than this one...

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm96/raven651/thumbsup.jpg

HardlyCapable13
10-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Just saw Disney already planning Star Wars Episode VII for a 2015 release.

Mutt
10-30-2012, 05:42 PM
Just saw Disney already planning Star Wars Episode VII for a 2015 release.

Woot! What a crazy day. Disney and Lucasfilm and IW with another Modern Warfare 4. It''s too much.

=T4NUKI=
10-30-2012, 07:23 PM
Hell, why not ! Disney sure can do better than episode 1 !!!
Cant wait to see how it'll unravel ! I'm positive it's a good thing...

Mutt
10-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Hell, why not ! Disney sure can do better than episode 1 !!!
Cant wait to see how it'll unravel ! I'm positive it's a good thing...

I'm glad it's not Lucas himself that's directing the new films anymore. He is now "Creative Consultant". Empire is the best IMO and he didn't direct it. Give us J.J. Abrams, Chris Nolan or Joss Whedon. If Disney wants to instill confidence to the fans; release the original Star Wars Trilogy "untouched' on BR. I have complete confidence in Disney after the Marvel acquisition. 2015 is going to be a nutso summer, Avengers 2, JLA and Star Wars: Episode VII baby!

http://i.imgur.com/b9wzF.gif

CB-40
10-30-2012, 10:00 PM
I'm torn. The prospect of Star Wars carrying on is appealing but I lean toward not. I think Lucas himself has done enough to tarnish the legacy of the Star Wars universe as it stands so I wouldn't want to risk further damage. I'm not sure I can even be cautiously optimistic...

Mutt
10-30-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm torn. The prospect of Star Wars carrying on is appealing but I lean toward not. I think Lucas himself has done enough to tarnish the legacy of the Star Wars universe as it stands so I wouldn't want to risk further damage. I'm not sure I can even be cautiously optimistic...

I understand what your saying. It will be interesting when it comes out. Star Wars is not doing anything (other than the CGI show) right now and how long is Lucas going to carry the torch? He's 68, if he put another trilogy out it would take him another decade. He's got himself a nice retirement fund now and lots of money to pass unto his kids.

johnboy
11-01-2012, 05:28 PM

My thoughts exactly Chris.

sniperella
11-04-2012, 07:44 AM
My biggest fear is that Disney will cast Johnny Depp for every roll.... Jack Sparrow goes Star Wars...

CB-40
11-06-2012, 03:40 PM
My biggest fear is that Disney will cast Johnny Depp for every roll.... Jack Sparrow goes Star Wars...
Bahahaha......wait, oh crap!