PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica

CB-40
11-06-2012, 12:21 AM
For those of you who watched the SyFy series a few years ago, here is a new web series....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Qj50xJhWdcM

*really tried to get the video to embed but no-go... Video code is "off" on my permissions?

TonkaToys
11-06-2012, 03:37 AM
I have it on my list of TV series to watch... along with Game of Thrones. Unfortunately my missus wants to watch 2 series of House first so I'll probably have to wait a while.

(PS: switched VIDEO on for this thread).

Mutt
11-06-2012, 07:57 AM
I have it on my list of TV series to watch... along with Game of Thrones. Unfortunately my missus wants to watch 2 series of House first so I'll probably have to wait a while.

(PS: switched VIDEO on for this thread).

BSG is one of the best TV series ever.

Gink
11-06-2012, 05:39 PM
We just got around to BSG a couple months back. Love it so far!

Gink
09-28-2013, 03:09 PM
http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q678/jgink/TShirts/bc0428a3-5d6a-4b50-8326-bbe3eec12768_zps4137b64f.jpg

T-shirt the wife got me. Frackin' Toasters!

Madlob75
09-28-2013, 05:05 PM
http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q678/jgink/TShirts/bc0428a3-5d6a-4b50-8326-bbe3eec12768_zps4137b64f.jpg

T-shirt the wife got me. Frackin' Toasters!

This is my all time favorite show on Netflix. I was SO disappointed when it was over. Great show!!

Gink
09-28-2013, 07:43 PM
This is my all time favorite show on Netflix. I was SO disappointed when it was over. Great show!!

We just started the last season on Netflix. Things are getting crazy and the show is more amazing that ever! Going to be pretty bummed when we've watched it all.

SouthtownSlayer
09-28-2013, 07:47 PM
We just started the last season on Netflix. Things are getting crazy and the show is more amazing that ever! Going to be pretty bummed when we've watched it all.

Never finished watching it but looking at starting from the beginning and finally finishing it off.

Gink
09-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Never finished watching it but looking at starting from the beginning and finally finishing it off.

Yeah, I felt like it got reeeallly slow for a while in the middle. We slowed down how often we watched it for quite a while, but I kept pushing to watch it, as I had a feeling it would pick back up again and be as good as it was in the beginning. But maybe that's just me, I pretty much had zero patience with a bunch of episodes that focused entirely on interpersonal relationships between various characters. Fortunately it picked back up in a big way after that.

SouthtownSlayer
09-29-2013, 08:00 AM
Yeah, I felt like it got reeeallly slow for a while in the middle. We slowed down how often we watched it for quite a while, but I kept pushing to watch it, as I had a feeling it would pick back up again and be as good as it was in the beginning. But maybe that's just me, I pretty much had zero patience with a bunch of episodes that focused entirely on interpersonal relationships between various characters. Fortunately it picked back up in a big way after that.

What slowed it down for me was the interaction with Number 6, it was interesting at first but then it got boring.

Sckrapps
11-30-2013, 07:22 PM
Hey, if you're bummed about BSG ending you might also check out Caprica. It only lasted one season, was waaay slower, and didn't have quite the same production values but it totally scratched the itch after BSG ended.

Madlob75
11-30-2013, 07:28 PM
Hey, if you're bummed about BSG ending you might also check out Caprica. It only lasted one season, was waaay slower, and didn't have quite the same production values but it totally scratched the itch after BSG ended.

I tried watching this as a BSG fix, but didn't get pulled in. Maybe I should revisit it.

Gink
11-30-2013, 10:06 PM
The wife always poo poos on Caprica because she's heard so many bad things about it, but as we're on the last season of Battlestar, I have a feeling it won't be long before I'm going to be wanting more and will give it a shot. How bad could it be?

Sckrapps
12-03-2013, 12:17 AM
@Madlob - try the longer pilot episode. I thought that was pretty indicative of the show as a whole. If that doesn't do it for you I don't know that watching the whole season would be more enjoyable.

@Gink - I don't think it was "bad" at all. It just fails to live up to BSG, although that's a pretty high-standard. Probably depends on what you and the wifey think of story and character development. There are a lot less things that go "bang" in Caprica and a lot more dialogue and, well, character development. Give the long pilot a shot - if that's interesting then the rest of the show is interesting too, if not then don't bother. But if you have a real BSG itch then I think it helps, that is basically what is was for my wife and I. We couldn't stand that BSG was over so this was a way of extending that magic for a little longer.

Gink
03-04-2014, 08:29 PM
We finally finished BSG. What a great show, sad to be done. The last season was amazing!

TonkaToys
03-06-2014, 12:23 PM
I'm about half way through season 3 (? the one with New Caprica at the start)... I keep meaning to watch more, but you know what its like... watch BSG or play BF4? Decisions, decisions.

Gink
03-06-2014, 05:01 PM
I'm about half way through season 3 (? the one with New Caprica at the start)... I keep meaning to watch more, but you know what its like... watch BSG or play BF4? Decisions, decisions.

Yeah, half the shows I watch are just because the wife won't let me play video games all the time. BSG was our Friday night "spending time together" show.
Season 3 dragged at points too imo, would be hard to choose it over BF4 at the times when it felt like nothing much was happening aside from "relationship drama" between characters. But it's worth it to push through and get to the final season.
This t-shirt pretty much sums up my feelings about the whole New Caprica story arc:
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjQwWDgwMA==/$T2eC16JHJHgE9n0yEY(5BQ8sW3lTzQ~~60_35.JPG