PDA

View Full Version : Single Player Impressions

Spike Forehand
11-17-2012, 03:15 PM
Anyone else think this was one of the best SP campaigns in any FPS military shooter recently?

I finally finished in yesterday and I really, really liked it. It was still very "on rails", but the graphics and tension created in some spots with the sound effects/music was top notch. Still al lot of really stupid opfor, but they generally threw enough at you that some of the missions you had to go through a few times to make it.

Also really enjoyed the brief driving challenges. One where you had to chase down and ram the baddie, and one where you had to sneak oout of an area. I had read that they leveraged some of the "Need for Speed" EA mechanics, and it really showed. Nice change of pace.

Only gripe was probably the stupid number of times that you did the door breach/slowed-down time thing. Kind of repetitive.

johnnyh1976
11-17-2012, 07:07 PM
Only gripe was probably the stupid number of times that you did the door breach/slowed-down time thing. Kind of repetitive.

Medal of Honor....Doorfighter.. I can't complain too much. I really loved the 2010 MOH campaign and this one was no different. I also prefer the MP this time around.

lore77
12-02-2012, 11:43 PM
I haven't finished SP yet but, the portion of it that I have played, i liked a lot. I think they did a better job on the SP then they did on MP. I think the graphics, sound and gameplay in SP is better then it is in the MP. If they fix the damned Voip issues MP would at least be playable as it is now I think it is pretty broken. Its fun to play a few rounds but w/o voice chat it gets old quickly. BF3's MP is done so much better, its hard to convince myself to play MOHWF MP. Hopefully when they release some new maps they will fix the voice issues. If they don't fix it soon i'll probably just finish up the SP then sell it

jacknighttamer
12-03-2012, 01:14 PM
I really liked the SP, this was the reason I got the game. The MP is a lot better than the last one. It will not replace BF3, but it is a fun change up.

TonkaToys
12-03-2012, 05:19 PM
I If they fix the damned Voip issues MP would at least be playable as it is now I think it is pretty broken... BF3's MP is done so much better, its hard to convince myself to play MOHWF MP.

BF3 was pretty broken to start with.

lore77
12-06-2012, 10:09 PM
BF3 was pretty broken to start with.

That is true but, they fixed it and now Voice chat works fine. The game is so much more enjoyable, to me at least, when you can communicate with others while playing.

MOHWF has been out for how long now, 2 Months ish? and they still haven't made any improvement at all with the voice chat issue.....

Sckrapps
12-20-2012, 08:42 PM
Yeah, I loved MoH's single-player campaign, and thought it was really high quality. I dunno, I guess the stories of the campaign matter to me, and the ones that are slightly more realistic like MoH's war on terror are jsut that much more enjoyable. If there is never another Russian villain in any FPS I'd be happy.

But I thought MoH: Warfighter's campaign was so good I went back and rented the original 2010 MoH just to go through it, and it was stellar as well. It actually really made me think about what makes a good game, since MoH was crapped on by most of the press and most players, yet CoD: BO II got mostly rave reviews. Yes, I've played both and both are good, but the stories in MoH were just better, IMHO, because I think they were more based in reality, and I guess the story matters more to me than I previously realized!