PDA

View Full Version : No idea how to create a Gamer Tag

=REB=
11-22-2012, 12:19 AM
So far I show up at TheREB, which is what I registered on the Nintendo Club Nintendo Website. My Console is called =REB=, and my Mii is called [MP]=REB=, but COD BLOPS automatically has me as TheREB. I don't see how I can change this. It's very frustrating.

CB-40
11-22-2012, 12:26 AM
How annoying. Hopefully one of these peeps can help you out. I'll just call you Mr Reb...:D

=REB=
11-22-2012, 12:41 AM
Looks like I'm SOL, this is the new 360 like gamertag stuff. Who cares, we'll still play as a clan though it might be tougher to tell who is a straggler and who is an MP.

Mutt
11-22-2012, 12:51 AM
Once you get to level 10, you unlock clan tags, just type MP. It will add the bracket by itself, it will show [MP]TheREB.

Gunny
11-22-2012, 12:54 AM
Hey Reb, you'll be able to add the [MP] after lvl 10 in blops2. Once you choose u cant change your id.

Mutt
11-22-2012, 01:07 AM
Guys you can change it. I did the same thing as REB. I used my club nintendo account name as my NNID thinking that I could have a profile name. It looked stupid. I just wanted to get online and couldn't think of how to change Mutt (because of the 6 character minimum and can't use special characters, I would of done /Mutt\ or something like that), so I change it to HobbowithAK47.

Here is how you change your NNID (you will lose your progress) and relink it back to club nintendo. If you don't have a second account on the Wii U (you can have twelve) create another one) Delete the first one. Now to relink it back to club nintendo, go into your account and change the name something like TheREB1. It will complain that your account is under a different NNID if you don't modify it. All of my coins were intact and same with the 170 coins I got for the Wii U, when I created the NNID. I didn't have to register a PIN so it must of uploaded the info.

I agree, it would of been nice if Ninty would of given us a clue before launch or at least warn you when you while your actually setting up your NNID. I didn't know about the tags until Danbo mentioned it. You can create a new NNID, but just keep in mind, if your leveled up and change your mind, that progress goes poof.

Create another account on the console with at least 6 characters, no special characters except _ "underscore", delete the original account on your console, log back into club nintendo, go into the account section and were it says your username add a 1. The second account will now be your new NNID.

Gunny
11-22-2012, 01:24 AM
Thanks for clearing that up Mutt, didnt know who was on. Now go on and play w Reb.

=REB=
11-22-2012, 03:46 AM
Thanks for the help gents, see you on.

Danbo
11-22-2012, 06:22 AM
Good to have another MP on. Im tired of getting slaughtered!

Mutt
11-22-2012, 08:11 AM
Thanks for clearing that up Mutt, didnt know who was on. Now go on and play w Reb.

Your welcome. Glad I could help.